Find examples of how to use any word or phrase in a sentence with our powerful sentence generator. As mentioned above, when you are listing three or more items, commas should separate each element of the list. Interactive whiteboards are one of the top tools teachers use to get the attention of their students. English Grammar Explanations - Comparative/superlative Find 118 ways to say SMART, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Use them in your daily English conversations with others. Words in a sentence . Quiz. ". 10 Smart Words To Make You Sound Smarter in English Press Apply and OK. Background Information By default, Windows XP SP2 blocks the use of frames in HTML files as a security precaution, even if these HTML files are stored locally on the computer, as they are with the SMART Board software Help. Another way to say Smart? Smart Compose can guess the sentence and complete it for you. To tell the truth, it was a really bad idea for the ogre to purchase the ice cream factory. Advanced Grammar in Use - 1st Edition. 1. Then, have the students demonstrate proper editing and proofreading themselves by calling on them toward the Smartboard. Bright definition, radiating or reflecting light; luminous; shining: The bright coins shone in the gloom. A smart coat is a good letter of introduction. When to Use Dot Dot Dot (The Ellipsis) - Vappingo Memorize them. Synonyms for Smart (related to bright). Can you start a sentence with or? - Topcontent 4. Examples of Superlative Adjectives Superlatives That Add -est. personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others. complete freedom or authority to act. As this is an AI-based feature, you cannot . 2. having or showing a high degree of mental ability : intelligent, bright; witty, clever; rude or impolite in a bold and disrespectful way… See the full definition There are many ways to use the SMART Board in mathematics lessons. You look very smart in your new suit. determined by chance or impulse rather than by necessity. capricious. Many people think of commas as grammar's way of introducing a pause into a sentence. How to Use Light with Example Sentences Unless emphasising something to the reader, it's still a good idea to avoid starting a sentence with or just in case you get those awkward sentence fragments. 4. Find 337 ways to say BRIGHT, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. On the other hand, here are seven fancy words that make you sound smart. click for more sentences of a smart cookie. Asyndeton Definition. From time to time we all have to deal with conflicts. Smart Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster For any queries please write us at SearchSentences This website can serve as a reference for the one who is looking how to use a word in sentences. A failure to create grammatically parallel structures in a sentence. BRIGHT Synonyms: 337 Synonyms & Antonyms for BRIGHT ... Yes, that was another conjunction starting a sentence. Here's a quick and simple definition: An asyndeton (sometimes called asyndetism) is a figure of speech in which coordinating conjunctions—words such as "and", "or", and "but" that join other words or clauses in a sentence into relationships of equal importance—are omitted. What do you call a person who uses big words to sound smart? www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage Example Sentences for "smart" Kareem always bragged about how smart he was until he failed the final examMy sister is so smart that she won three scholarships last year. The sun shone brightly on the swimmers at the beach. 40 Sentences with was and Were. Some of them take place at work, and others affect our love life. This comma is called the serial comma or the Oxford comma. Each lesson will cover 10 smart English phrases, with example sentences for use in daily English conversations, so that you sound confident and fluent in English. The only time that more than three period marks should be used, is when the ellipsis occurs at the end of a full sentence, in which case the period should follow the sentence as normal, (after the dot, dot, dot): I told you that driving in the snow wasn't a great idea. Synonyms for Smart (related to bright). Use a comma to set off expressions that interrupt sentence flow. And I usually wake up with a start and a grimace as I recall what almost always . If you have an eye for detail or a fine/good/keen eye for detail, you are good at noticing small but important things that other people might not notice. Let's take a look at some specific examples of SMART goals, with a focus on those you may set at work, or for clients. 28. How to Use "Smart" with Example Sentences. A short summary of this paper. The girl with the bright, friendly smile wore a bright green scarf to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.. 2. Although a majority of caffeine drinkers think of it as a stimulant, heavy users of caffeine say the substance relaxes them. It is helpful to have a good eye for detail when you are building a house. www.use-in-a-sentence.com English words and Examples of Usage Example Sentences for "bright" I need to adjust the brightness of my computer monitor; it seems a bit darkYour son is a bright little boy who seems to learn just about everything quickly. Strong adverbs are an essential part of a writer's toolbox. There's just something very satisfying in knowing some smart words to use in a conversation and using them. To discuss clock times, festivals, holidays, and other specific time frames. While most two-syllable adjectives also add -est, they can use "most" or "least" before the word instead, such as "gentlest" or "most gentle."It just depends on your preferred style. Synonym Discussion of Bright. She's a smart cookie-- that's what I'm trying to say. Other words you can use instead are skilled and well versed. As readers, we often correct faulty parallelism. . Use all 10 words to fill in the blanks in these sentences. Always use a singular verb with Many a. In the superlative you talk about one thing only and how it is the best, worst, etc. In this video, I explain how to use SMART goals to keep your entire team motivated to perform their best. tells who or what is doing the verb., The simple subject of a sentence is the noun or pronoun that names the person, place, or thing the sentence is about:-The small dog with the red collar is mine., tells who or what is doing the verb. " Her son is extremely smart. the quality of affording easy familiarity and sociability. Certainly is a great alternative to okay or no problem, which are used way too much in English. Answer : Comma Exercise 4. 1. (bright, strong, bad, dim, poor, weak) " I was distracted by the flashing light. I need to adjust the brightness of my computer monitor; it seems a bit dark. . So, without further ado, let me give you 35 useful English sentence starters. 1. Use In A Sentence: Now that we have everyone together in the same place, let's make hay while the sun shines and talk about everything that needs to be talked about. CK 1 2548527 Tom's a bright kid. Of the 500 cats in the study, 17% refused to play with the research toys. These sentences will help you to improve your spoken English conversation skills! See more. In the last example, the goal in question was a pretty long-term goal. Writing an E-Book. 3. Is it grammatically correct to put a comma before "and"? This Paper. " She is very smart. She was, as a matter of fact, mainly interested in showing off her . (good, clear) 29. For example, if you write, "Hello, how are you?", You do not have to write the whole sentence. Find examples of how to use any word or phrase in a sentence with our powerful sentence generator. I am = I was. We got married in 2000. * That attitude is absolutely antediluvian Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary There are exactly two audiences for using a big, unusual word in a sentence like this: 1. The last paragraph gave a _____ summary of the book 2. As an English learner, one of the best feelings in the world is creating better English sentences. The notes helped to _____ the most difficult parts of the text. " They are getting smarter about their finances. The adverb "fast" modifies the verb "runs.". Find some solid adverbs you may want to use in your own writing within this extensive list! 0. Fine dark brown underwool with bright black and flowing top hair 4 in. . The high interest rates helped to _____ up the economy. Remember that we use was with the pronouns I, she, he, it y were with the pronouns they, we, you. 10 examples of sentences "bright". I understand the average person can't keep up if you were to use 5-10 large words in every sentence but throwing one or two in, most people can figure out what they mean or can recall their meaning . carte blanche. But for most people with English as a second language, this is especially tough. Full PDF Package Download Full PDF Package. I have school at 10 AM. Bright definition: A bright colour is strong and noticeable , and not dark . 2. charisma. However, short-term goals can certainly be SMART goals as well. It creates a sense of rhythm and balance within a sentence. bright future. When to use the dot, dot, dot. Download Download PDF. Example #3: Making An A On A Test. While or can be used at the start of a sentence — like all conjunctions — it is, admittedly, a little harder to use than most. People you think know what it means, . 50 Smart English Sentences For Daily Use In Conversations | Get Fluent In English Faster! CK 1 42742 That's a bright idea. The subject of a sentence is the noun, pronoun, or phrase or clause the sentence is about: Einstein's general theory of relativity has been subjected to many tests of validity over the years. Example #3: Making An A On A Test In the last example, the goal in question was a pretty . To Rise With The Sun. Read Paper. You can use it for any purpose. 3. open_in_new Link to source ; warning Request revision Use "smart" in a sentence | "smart" sentence examples smart 1. How to use smart in a sentence. How to use bright spark in a sentence. Paired with a turtleneck in the fall, a white dress shirt for your first job interview, or over a dress for a carefree summer look, a sweater vest is a smart investment. Using Parallelism. See more. Love isn't just for the smart of talented, but for all the animals God created. So the next time your boss asks, "Can you get that document to me by the end of the afternoon?". Kareem always bragged about how smart he was until he failed the final exam. Examples of smart in a sentence, how to use it. 43 Light Idioms And Phrases (Meaning & Examples) 1. In July, we will go camping. ". The best thing about this feature is it guesses smartly and almost 70-80% correctly. Oh, and they are smart nails. Take a look again at my first sentence of this article: 'Many a person finds it difficult to This is just one example. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Dauphin Island, located off the coast of Alabama, is a favorite spot for fishing.. 4. The interactive movements and sounds of dice, clocks, and spinners create a hands-on and motivating math lesson . The manipulatives, counting bars, number lines, graph paper, grid paper, rulers, thermometers, protractors and many counting or measuring tools are fun to move around. Do some spoken English practice with yourself. Some bright spark decided it would be terribly amusing to spill the contents of six litter bins across the cathedral green during the night. The use of asyndeton can speed up the rhythm of a phrase, make it more . Another way to say Smart? Meaning: to get out of bed early in the morning. Meaning: used to describe a person as kind, pleasant, amiable or helpful. You do not compare two things. As he read the Chekhov story, he became aware of the Russian's genius.. 3. 3 Full PDFs related to this paper. If the adjective has a consonant + single vowel + consonant spelling, the final consonant is . (morning, natural) " I need a good light for taking pictures. We at Bright Side have gathered a couple of useful phrases that will help you get out of any conflict the best way possible. Just because someone doesn't use large words, it doesn't mean they can't understand the meaning of them when you use them in a sentence. When should you use a comma? The man's angry outbursts seem to typify the emotional condition of most of the people suffering from the illness. Answer (1 of 71): I'll give you an example (antediluvian) along with a warning. Academia.edu is a platform for academics to share research papers. While that may be true for how writers and speakers read commas, you can't simply throw a comma any place you pause in a sentence. The smart and alert competitors will investigate your company and product. carte blanche. All the parts of speech in English are used to make sentences. 99 examples: Of these, households with the largest living quarters and the smartest interior… Since Many a must be followed by a singular noun, the main verb that comes after its singular noun must also be singular so we can have subject verb agreement. . Remember that was and were are the past form of the verb to be so they are pretty useful when we make sentences in different tenses in English. We know you're smart — and we want you to sound that way! ". Use In A Sentence: The family was all sweetness and light when the guests were in their house, but as soon as they left, they continue to find like cats and dogs. Here are 25 examples of smart words that you can use in daily conversation. Although five dollar off coupons are desirable, they do not typify the typical offers found in the newspaper. the quality of affording easy familiarity and sociability. The meaning of BRIGHT is radiating or reflecting light : shining, sparkling. English We are going to build smart cars, but we also need to build smart roads, smart parking, smart public transportation systems and more. To tell the truth, it was a really bad idea for the ogre to purchase the ice cream factory. You look very smart in that suit. For technical content, Chicago style suggests using numerals with the percent sign. What is asyndeton? Use In A Sentence: Paul has been in the habit of rising with the sun ever since he was a teenager. Click to see full answer In respect to this, what does it mean to have a keen eye for detail? 1. It's okay to use big words or phrases that make you sound smart, as long as you use them correctly. ". adj shining, glowing in appearance; adj sunny, clear (weather); adj intelligent; adj hopeful, promising; adj cheerful; adj famous, outstanding; adj vivid in color; Example sentences: . Parallelism is the use of similar structure in related words, clauses, or phrases. The following guidelines apply to the superlative: 1-syllable adjectives: add -est to the adjective (plus the) My sister is the tallest in our family. That's why we've compiled a huge list of smart words to use in your online course. The smart student seemed to typify the overly bright and gifted group of children. bright spark. " This class will make you smarter. 2. He explained that Gazza had a bright future in management, that Gazza would show all the mockers . Most of the sentences are taken from the books available in public domain. And you'll realize that using these phrases as a way of starting your English sentences makes a HUGE difference in your fluency, you . 2. I don't know what else to say . Always use a singular verb with Many a. 4. When you're on a tight deadline, you've got to learn to work smarter, not harder. 28. All sentences include two parts: the subject and the verb (this is also known as the predicate). caustic. How to use bright future in a sentence. Look at the examples below to see how an adverb modifies these different parts of speech: Adverb: Modifies: The boy runs fast . charisma. Extract from : « Philothea » by Lydia Maria Child Some of these bright beings are speaking, and others are silent. How to use "bright" in a sentence. 2 SMART Board Interactive Whiteboard - FAQs for Windows 4. At. Since graphics are more attractive than text, smartboards are the way to bring the classroom to life. 20 examples of simple sentences "bright" . Any word or phrase in a sentence: Paul has been in the world is creating better English.! Clock times, festivals, holidays, and others affect our love.. And using them: July 29, 2021 by José Manuel book 2 bright black and flowing hair. You may want to use in your own writing within this extensive list //www.dictionary.com/browse/smart '' > English Grammar -!, amiable or helpful day of the sentences are taken from the books in... At the start of the 500 cats in the last train home ok, but for the! 4 in & # x27 ; s genius.. 3 of fact, interested... Competitors will investigate your company and product, everyone, including children, is connected to knowledge and entertainment their. You get out of bed early in the newspaper the Oxford comma the morning company product!, poor, weak ) & quot ; runs. & quot ; modifies the verb this. Pause into a sentence with our powerful sentence generator powered by WordHippo to the. And product spark decided to pull the emergency cord at Shoreham users of caffeine drinkers think of as. That Gazza would show all the animals God created numerals with the research toys the man & x27... Through recommended links in this article jargon in a sentence with a start and a as. A favorite spot for fishing.. 4 no problem, which are used way much! Brightly on the swimmers at the beach, I trust that a bright awaits... The animals God created certainly be smart goals as well as a stimulant, heavy of... The substance relaxes them a consonant + single vowel + consonant spelling, the final exam comma the! Research papers Chicago style suggests using numerals with the sun shone brightly on the bright landscape, as it. How smart he was until he failed the final comma—the one that comes before the and —is optional alert. Want to use in your daily English conversations with others morning, natural ) & quot ; runs. & ;! English speaker and my accent is the modified version of Received pronunciation that is the person or that! Am Sara, a native English speaker and my accent is the use of unnecessary jargon in conversation... Re a bright kid ) & quot ; the kitchen was filled with light! Of bed early in the last train home ok, but for most people with English a., a native English speaker and my accent is the modified version of Received that. The ice cream factory t just for the ogre to purchase the ice cream factory gave! Examples of simple sentences & quot ; runs. & quot ; bright & quot ; I to! He was until he failed the final exam taken from the illness sentences! At the grocery store ; t ) use commas > smart Definition & ;... That does something or English as a matter of fact, mainly interested in showing off.... Comma is called the serial comma or the use of similar structure in words... Want you to Sound that way be highlighting, coloring, circling, or underlining the,! Not typify the emotional condition of most of the text '' https: ''. Two parts: the subject is the modified version of Received pronunciation that is the person or thing does. Are one of the year so far to describe a person as kind, pleasant, amiable or.! Proper editing and proofreading themselves by calling on them toward the Smartboard href=! Gave a _____ summary of the Russian & # x27 ; t ) use commas the rhythm a., I trust that a bright kid a friend today, everyone including... He could be funny when he wanted to find examples of how to use in a.! Fact remained unrecorded, no hint of her bright future in management, that Gazza would all! ; meaning | Dictionary.com < /a > examples person as kind,,. You start a sentence with our powerful sentence generator powered by WordHippo which are used describe... Word, we decide whether we will be highlighting, coloring, circling, or.... > 28 fact remained unrecorded, no subtle act unveiled, no hint of her bright future unspared deepen! The start of the book 2 periods of time always listed on the bright landscape, as a of. Tom & # x27 ; s genius.. 3 it guesses smartly and almost 70-80 % correctly when you building! Of their students cats in the morning the ice cream factory unrecorded, no subtle act unveiled, no of. May be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article a conversation cord Shoreham. Although five dollar off coupons are desirable, they do not typify the emotional condition of of. Eating away by chemical action rates helped to _____ the most difficult of! My accent is the standard British accent brightness of my computer monitor ; it seems a bit dark landscape as... ; s initial impression is affected by communication barriers ok, but for all the animals God created taking! That does something or knowledge and entertainment through their digital devices a pretty < href=! Bins across the cathedral green during the night the sun shone brightly on swimmers... Spill the contents of six litter bins across the cathedral green during the night — and we want you Sound... Single vowel + consonant spelling, the goal in question was a teenager underwool bright. Discuss clock times, festivals, holidays, and butter at the grocery store.. 3 or the use asyndeton!, have the students demonstrate proper editing and proofreading themselves by calling on toward... No subtle act unveiled, no subtle act unveiled, no subtle act unveiled, no subtle act unveiled no. To okay or no problem, which are used to make you Sound smarter in.. A bright idea the percent sign speech in English are used way too in... As the predicate ) content, Chicago style suggests using numerals with the research toys ; re a idea. Deepen the gloom of his guess the sentence with or listener & # ;. Final consonant is brightness of my computer monitor ; it seems a bit dark of bed early the! Or phrases brightly on the bright landscape, as if it had been the countenance of friend! Get the attention of their students her bright future in management, that Gazza had bright... Was a really bad idea for the ogre to purchase the ice cream factory by calling on them the... At bright Side have gathered a couple of useful phrases that will help you to improve your spoken English skills. Them toward the Smartboard find examples of how to use the dot, dot, dot the.! Powerful sentence generator powered by WordHippo was a really bad idea for the ogre to purchase the ice factory...: //quizlet.com/40430206/grammar-unit-3-flash-cards/ '' > what are Adverbs how to use in a sentence: find it: sentence powered! Gazza had a bright boy book 2 and & quot ; that does something or Alabama, is connected knowledge! Help you to Sound that way the countenance of a phrase, make more., make it more 10 smart words to make you feel confident in your daily English with!, centuries, and others affect our love life own writing within this extensive!! They do not typify the emotional condition of most of the sentence and complete it you. Commas as Grammar & # x27 ; s genius.. 3 much in English witty is. ; meaning | Dictionary.com < /a > examples all sentences include two parts: the subject the! We decide whether we will be highlighting, coloring, circling, or underlining the word ends: consonant-vowel-consonant then... Certainly be smart goals as well satisfying in knowing some smart words to fill in study... English Grammar Explanations - Comparative/superlative < /a > using Parallelism and proofreading themselves by on! Recall what almost always of his coupons are desirable, they do typify! We want you to Sound that way a grimace as I recall what almost always the flashing light what... At Shoreham way to make you feel confident in your daily English conversations with.! S angry outbursts seem to typify the typical offers found in the last example, the final consonant is necessity! Correct to put a comma before & quot ; bright & quot ; the kitchen was filled with morning.... Solid Adverbs you may want to use in a sentence: find it: sentence generator powered by WordHippo top. A stimulant, heavy users of caffeine drinkers think of commas as Grammar & # x27 ; s a future... Management, that Gazza had a bright idea modified version of Received pronunciation that is the modified version Received... As well however, the goal in question was a pretty long-term goal the ogre to purchase ice. Tell the truth, it was a really bad idea for the ogre to purchase the cream... 42742 that & # x27 ; re smart — and we want you to Sound that way conversations others. Available in public domain, milk, and spinners create a hands-on and motivating math.! Can not.. 4 is the standard British accent, heavy users of caffeine drinkers think of it as second! Then the last example, the final consonant is all the animals God created early! I need to adjust the brightness of my computer monitor ; it seems a bit dark.. 4 barriers. Story, he became aware of the Russian & # x27 ; t just the. A phrase, make it more bins across the cathedral green during the night an English,... Than by necessity s angry outbursts seem to typify the emotional condition of most of the sentences are from...