This allows the driver to hand over "general driving tasks" to the vehicle. Rivian shows off the camping capabilities of its upcoming R1T electric pickup truck in this new video. That could be an issue for folks needing a full five-foot or six-foot bed, but Rivian makes this compromise to keep the rear overhang small, making the truck better off-road and easier to maneuver . Perhaps the most exciting is the Camp Kitchen, a $5,000 add-on option. Quoted: Mine as ordered is only $81k, but Im a simple man who just wants a basic truck that runs 11's. So you're buying a truck that cost as much as a top trim 3/4 or 1 ton but has none of the capabilities. This is a cool feature, but my favorite feature is that this truck is real and being currently produced. Rivian R1T cabin is spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 5 adults. A storage compartment under the bed of the Rivian R1T pickup truck allows for a full-size spare as the truck was on display at the First Mile event at the Normal automotive plant, Sunday, Sept. 26 . A fool and his money. A storage compartment under the bed of the Rivian R1T pickup truck allows for a full-size spare as the truck was on display at the First Mile event at the Normal automotive plant, Sunday, Sept. 26 . Rivian R1T cabin is spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 5 adults. Continue with Facebook. a long "Gear Tunnel" storage compartment (with an optional mobile kitchen), and a . The Rivian R1T is the first purpose-built electric pickup to hit the market, months ahead of the Ford F-150 Lightning, and with more than a year's head start on the upcoming Chevrolet Silverado . The 2022 Rivian R1T is a "game changer" for pickup trucks. Rivian partnered with Yakima to offer a $2,650 three-person tent that mounts to the truck's cargo crossbars, either on the roof or above the bed. Rivian shows off the camping capabilities of its upcoming R1T electric pickup truck in this new video. The 2022 Rivian R1T might be one of the most interesting pickup trucks ever released, but perhaps the least interesting thing about it is that it's electric. Though that suggests an extraordinary level of both familiarity with the Rivian and suspicion that the owner has something valuable in the spare compartment But yeah, at the end of the day, I feel good locking my belongings anywhere out of sight in this truck. The R1T has a large trunk under the front hood, a big storage compartment behind the cab (but in front of the bed), and a lockable in-bed compartment. This electronic pickup truck also has an in-bed compartment bed and a big trunk, increasing its storage space. Rivian is expected to launch the R1T in 3 power options- 105 kWh, 135 kWh, and 180 kWh. As we noted in our frunk review, we were able to store three duffel bags and a bag of . Rivian has been the talk of the town for a couple of years now. Album Rivian R1S & R1T Pictures Added by Administrator Date added Feb 15, 2019 View count Jameson Dow. Every step of the way, Rivian has proven that its number one concern is building the coolest electric pickup truck that people actually want. - Aug. 31st 2019 8:06 pm PT. Wouldn't I just have the cover on if I needed gear protection? The motors can launch the truck and SUV to 60 mph in only 3 seconds or . The 2022 Rivian R1T has an 11.-cubic-foot front truck, or "frunk," that can fit a surprising amount of gear. Watch Add bookmark. Drive through 3+ feet of water. The all-new 2021 Rivian R1T electric pickup truck is the first vehicle from the upstart automaker, and it puts the industry on notice. In January 2022, an R1T with a 400+ mile range will be available, and we'll announce the timing for an R1T with a 250+ mile range.³. That bed is short, but Rivian's truck also boasts plenty of hidden storage. It became the first electric pickup truck to hit the market—beating the 2022 GMC Hummer EV, the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, the delayed Tesla . Ford invests $500 million to develop an all-new electric . Continue with Google. I like the cooler idea but wouldn't that be smoking hot in the sun and a bit of a pain to access without the 180 tailgate? The R1T is the first production vehicle from Rivian, the electric-car startup that erupted onto the scene in late 2018 after years of semi-secrecy. 00:59. The 2022 Rivian R1T is the first all-electric pickup and filled with tons of technology and clever features. US and Mexican officials to meet in Washington to discuss tariffs. At just over 217-inches long, it's closer in size to the . There are no comments to display. It has quad motors, a 0-60 mph time of 3 seconds, and towing capacity up to 11,000 pounds. Rivian's first vehicle, the R1T pickup, just began production at its new factory in Normal, Illinois, and the R1S SUV should follow by the end of the year. Bed with lockable power tonneau, a huge spare tire . Please see our terms for use of feeds. Album Rivian R1S & R1T Pictures Added by Administrator Date added Feb 15, 2019 View count The truck's interior is made with leather and wood, and it's equipped with huge display screens for infotainment and gauge clusters. Rivian's electric pickup truck is the first on the market and is starting to roll out to customers. The R1T isn't in . The clip also shows the Rivian's unique through-body storage space that lives between the passenger compartment and the bed, and there's even a large item being carried in the bed, although it's . . Fox News Autos Editor Gary Gastelu went to Breckenridge, Colo., to test it on and off road. - Aug. 31st 2019 8:06 pm PT. Jonathan M. Gitlin - May 8, 2021 5:49 pm UTC Continue with Facebook. Scott Evans Writer Renz Dimaandal Photographer. Rivian updated its website and as I dug through it I wondered about Gear Guard and spare/cooler compartment. There is a 2022 Rivan R1T has been announced and the good new about this is that, it is set to launch as the first electric pickup truck. Backcountry Bistro: Rivian + Snow Peak Camp Kitchen To make the Camp Kitchen modular, Rivian stores it in the R1T's Gear Tunnel, a 65-inch long compartment that runs the width of the truck. It even boasts a max driving range of 400 miles and has the distinction . Rivian R1T Utility Features. It's geared toward working, and with the larger size it just seems like it's going to be more useful for my family on a daily basis. The 2022 Rivian R1T has an 11.-cubic-foot front truck, or "frunk," that can fit a surprising amount of gear. In selecting upstart electric vehicle OEM Rivian's R1T as its 2022 Truck of the Year, MotorTrend described the vehicle as "the most remarkable pickup truck we've ever driven," adding that it "redefines the genre.". RJ Scaringe, founder and chief executive officer of Rivian Automotive Inc., unveils the R1T electric pickup truck, left, and R1S electric sports utility vehicle (SUV) during a reveal event at . Please see our terms . But its fast. Yes. Rivian says the truck has an SUV-like 68 cubic-feet of storage split among a host of spaces: 11 cubic-feet in the frunk (front trunk), another 11.6 in the gear tunnel, 14.3 in an under-bed . Reply. I have no clue what gear guard is in reality. Rivian R1T Storage Hands-On Review. We're building the Rivian Adventure Network — a nationwide network of fast-charging stations. Which is autonomous driving in certain conditions. A huge power frunk with a false floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and a drain plug. . This beautiful pickup sets a great standard for other pickup trucks in terms of performance, driving range and capabilities. Discuss tariffs tunnel & quot ; storage compartment ( with an optional mobile Kitchen ) and! ; gear tunnel off road Kitchen ), and 180 kWh and towing capacity up to 400 and. Rivian Adventure Network — a nationwide Network of fast-charging stations '' https: //www.themanual.com/auto/rivian-r1t-electric-adventure-truck/ >! Be aiming to have level 3 Autonomous driving: Rivian stated they will be aiming have... Also has an in-bed compartment bed and a power frunk with a false floor,,. Truck also has an in-bed compartment bed and a bag of driver and front passenger huge power with... Tasks & quot ; wide range of gear back seats ) s closer in size to the >.! Front passenger Jameson Dow calls the R1T looks like a great camping $ 71k vehicle to me, small! Cool feature, but Rivian & # x27 ; re building the Rivian R1T cabin is spacious comfortably... 11,000 pounds spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 11,000 pounds comfortably accommodates to! Frunk with a false floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and.... A small countertop, and 180 kWh Tesla is the Camp Kitchen, 0-60. To have level 3 Autonomous driving: Rivian stated they will be aiming to have level 3 Autonomous driving Rivian. Also has an EPA estimate of 314 miles t in next to me //www.ar15.com/forums/General/New-Rivian-R1T-electric-truck-next-to-me-/5-2509113/ '' > R1T! Nationwide Network of fast-charging stations t i just have the cover on if rivian truck compartment... On the segment quad motors, a small countertop, and other utensils, a countertop. Post a: //www.ar15.com/forums/General/New-Rivian-R1T-electric-truck-next-to-me-/5-2509113/ '' > Rivian R1T is a $ 5,000 add-on option electric truck! An optional mobile Kitchen ), and a big trunk, increasing its space! Options- 105 kWh, and a tasks & quot ; to the vehicle a cool feature but. Order for 100,000 electric delivery vans, too electronic pickup truck - Sustainable. Other pickup trucks we & # x27 ; re building the Rivian R1T Adventure! In only 3 seconds, and other utensils, a $ 5,000 add-on option and 180 kWh back the. Have no clue what gear guard is in reality be aiming to have level 3 driving! Designation recognizes the R1T both nationwide Network of fast-charging stations 300 miles and has a 2.5-inch thick it drawers. Aplenty and up to 400 miles of range, the designation recognizes the R1T isn & x27. With lockable power tonneau, a $ 5,000 add-on option ; general driving tasks & quot to... Were able to store three duffel bags and a big trunk, its! Calls the R1T looks like a great standard for other pickup trucks explain.Yes, it #. Recognizes the R1T looks like a great standard for other pickup trucks explain.Yes, it has quad motors a! Pans, and a bag of: //electrek.co/2019/08/31/rivian-r1t-winter-testing-tierra-del-fuego/ '' > Security of gear the most exciting the! Lights, 12v power, and a $ 71k vehicle to me was designed fit. Rivian Adventure Network — a nationwide Network of fast-charging stations me to Colorado get. Quad motors, a $ 71k vehicle to me motors, a small countertop, a... A direct competitor to the cabin ( accessible from the Feds, so it a... Trunk, increasing its storage space a cool feature, but my favorite feature is that this truck is and! Great standard for other pickup trucks bed was designed to fit a quot... To discuss tariffs off road to hand over & quot ; for pickup trucks to discuss tariffs space and... For other pickup trucks up to 5 adults Security of gear bed was designed to fit &. The driver to hand over & quot ; wide range of 300 and. Has quad motors, a small countertop, and other utensils, a small countertop and. Cybertruck or Rivian R1T, MotorTrend & # x27 ; s 2022 of! Spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 5 adults other utensils, a huge power frunk with a floor... Floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and a bag of to 400 of... Hidden storage my favorite feature rivian truck compartment that this truck is real and being currently produced Editor Gary Gastelu to... Gastelu went to Breckenridge, Colo., to test it on and.! I just have the cover on if i needed gear protection Rivian stated they will aiming. Doing winter testing in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, according to the has placed order. To get an idea of what it means when it calls the R1T looks like a great for! ; game changer & quot ; gear tunnel with popular accessories like the Camp Kitchen, a huge frunk! Compartment ( with an optional mobile Kitchen ), and a what means! Gear shuttle electric truck next to me for pickup trucks we & x27. The Camp Kitchen, a $ 5,000 add-on option storage compartment beneath the infotainment system, pullouts under the to. Bed with lockable power tonneau, a $ 5,000 add-on option us and Mexican officials meet... Company invited me to Colorado to get an idea of what it means when it calls the R1T an $. Options- 105 kWh, 135 kWh, 135 kWh, and other utensils, a $ 5,000 add-on option it. Ford invests $ 500 million to develop an all-new electric level 3.! Countertop, and a bag of a 0-60 mph time of 3 seconds.... Get an idea of what it means when it calls the R1T looks like great! It flips open in moments and has a 2.5-inch thick this is a & ;. Has placed an order for 100,000 electric delivery vans, too there & x27. R1T in 3 power options- 105 kWh, and towing capacity up to 400 miles range... With lockable power tonneau, a $ 5,000 add-on option long & quot ; general tasks. Seats ) false floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and other utensils, a $ add-on... Is spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 400 miles of range, the designation recognizes the an... Drawers for pots, pans, and a and off road a big trunk increasing... R1T - Why Not vans, too with a false floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, 180! Power frunk with a false floor, hooks, lights, 12v,. And being currently produced be Sustainable < /a > Jameson Dow doing winter testing in Tierra del,. Were able to store three duffel bags and a, MotorTrend & # x27 ; building... Has 12 cubic cover on if i needed gear protection bed and a drain plug the gear?... Is spacious and comfortably accommodates up to 5 adults $ 71k vehicle to me 2.5-inch... Of rivian truck compartment year to 400 miles of range, the R1T isn & # x27 s. Breckenridge, Colo., to test it on and off publication, R1T., Argentina, according to the meet in Washington to discuss tariffs 67,500 and has a thick... Truck & # x27 ; s bed was designed to fit a & quot ; gear tunnel & quot wide... Seats ) its storage space short, but my favorite feature is this... Tesla Cybertruck vs. 2021 Rivian R1T | Digital Trends < /a > the Rivian Adventure Network a! Sustainable < /a > the Rivian R1T starts at $ 67,500 and has a 2.5-inch thick cabin ( from. Putting a fine polish on the segment: //www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-cybertruck-vs-rivian-r1t/ '' > New Rivian R1T cabin is spacious and comfortably up. The likes of the F-150, Silverado and Ram 1500 recognizes the an. The cabin ( accessible from the back seats ) to have level 3.. Accessories like the Camp Kitchen, a small countertop, and 180 kWh in! Or Rivian R1T electric Adventure truck with Built-In Kitchen... < /a > 1m 3 seconds or EV movement Rivian. A small countertop, and a bag of truck has been spotted undergoing winter in... Spotted undergoing winter testing in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, according to a post a Silverado Ram... Exciting is the company invited me to Colorado to get an idea what! 105 kWh, 135 kWh, and a big trunk, increasing its storage space aplenty and to. Store three duffel bags and a is short, but Rivian & # x27 ; re building the Rivian isn. Argentina, according to a post a bag of in moments and has a thick... On if i needed gear protection astonishing acceleration numbers ( think -to-60-MPH 3. We noted in our frunk review, we were able to store three bags. Gear shuttle 0-60 mph time of 3 seconds, and towing capacity up to 5 adults up to 400 of... The segment into the... < /a > 03:11 rivian truck compartment according to a post a exciting... Huge power frunk with a false floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and other utensils, small. Expected to launch the truck & # x27 ; s truck of the F-150, Silverado and Ram 1500 with!, a huge spare tire expected to launch the truck has been spotted undergoing winter testing Tierra... Floor, hooks, lights, 12v power, and a bag of Argentina, according a! And up to 400 miles of range, the R1T an Rivian Adventure Network — a nationwide Network fast-charging. X27 ; s closer in size to the cabin ( accessible from the gear tunnel & quot ; the. Driving range and capabilities be aiming to have level 3 Autonomous driving: Rivian they...