Camden Hills is known primarily for its stunning views. Camden Hills State Park located a few minutes north of Camden, Maine lies atop Mt. Write a Review. Camden Hills State Park. Camden Hills' miles of coastal hiking trails should not be missed. GPS: 44.23, -69.047. Megunticook, the highest of the Camden Hills - and highest peak on the mainland - is a moderate climb by foot trail. From $ 121. Visit the park's website to reserve your campsite. A half mile hike. 3.5 out of 5. On a blue-bird . Camden Hills Campground - 4.84 mi / 7.79 km Megunticook Campground - 5.27 mi / 8.48 km Warren Island State Park - 5.80 mi / 9.33 km Northport Campground - 9.15 mi / 14.73 km Mic Mac Cove Camp Ground - 10.17 mi / 16.37 km Sennebec Lake Campground - 11.35 mi / 18.27 km Moorings Oceanfront RV Resort - 14.21 mi / 22.86 km. Battie where sweeping views of Camden, Penobscot Bay, and surrounding islands await. Camden Hills State Park campground has 107 single-family campsites and is located close to Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay. Camden State Park trails and sunset from Mt. Camden Hills State Park. Mt. Camden Hills State Park is a 5,710-acre (2,310 ha) public recreation area overlooking Penobscot Bay in the town of Camden, Knox County, Maine.The state park features multi-use trails to Mount Battie, Mount Megunticook, and other scenic locales. Safety Updates for Maine State Parks and Public Lands.. Visit the Town of Camden. It's a short walk from our Inn, about 1.5 miles. Camden Hills State Park is open daily, from 9 AM to Sunset, unless otherwise posted at the gate. Phone +1 207-236-3109. Camden Hills State Park is covered by the Lincolnville, ME US Topo Map quadrant. Camden Hills State Park sees the highest day-use of any park in Maine and its visitation keeps growing. For reservations please call 1-800-332-1501 in State and 207-624-9950 out of state. Megunticook is the highest of the Camden Hills, and is only a small climb. Camden Hills State Park 280 Belfast Road Camden, ME 04843 Local Phone: 207-236-3109 Email: [email protected]. From maine.gov. Parking. The 5,710-acre park was developed in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps and includes more than 30 miles of hiking trails. Camden Hills Campground - 4.84 mi / 7.79 km Megunticook Campground - 5.27 mi / 8.48 km Warren Island State Park - 5.80 mi / 9.33 km Northport Campground - 9.15 mi / 14.73 km Mic Mac Cove Camp Ground - 10.17 mi / 16.37 km Sennebec Lake Campground - 11.35 mi / 18.27 km Moorings Oceanfront RV Resort - 14.21 mi / 22.86 km. 5 in Horseback. Camden Hills State Park offers a variety of trails of varying degrees of difficulty totalling aproximately nine miles in length. Lookout and see views of Camden, Penobscot Bay, and the surrounding islands. Current Weather. Battie where sweeping views of Camden, Penobscot Bay, and surrounding islands await. 3.0 (3 Reviews) Other. Camden Hills State Park. Camden Hills State Park trail map. ★. 16 Bay View Street, Camden, ME. With cozy campsites and plenty of trails, you can even hike most of the park for free! The park is managed by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. Camden, Maine, USA Map 5 miles away. Add a Photo. Battie. 4 pm. Camden Hills State Park Camden Hills State Park. Check out the Camden-Hills-State-Park-map, with summit elevations. A few days ago my neighbor mentioned her family {and their little dog} went hiking in Camden Hills State Park. The park . Developed in the 1930s, it's the fifth-largest state park in the country with 5,710 acres. Northbound the campground entrance will be on the left side. Directins: The parks entry is two miles north of Camden, Me on Route-1. Please see the Campbase map tab for the exact location. Camden Harbor and West Penobscot Bay from Mount Megunticook. Camden Hills State Park Dog-Friendly Parks 280 Belfast Road Camden, Maine 4843 207-236-3109 Get Map or Directions This park is a year round recreational destination providing cross-country skiing in winter and more than 30 miles of hiking trails that can be accessed from 5 major trailheads at other parts of the year, and there is a scenic auto drive up Mount Battie for . Camden Hills State Park - Shoreline Trail. To climb the western side: From Camden go west on ME 52 for approxmately 3 miles. Some sites are first-come first-serve. Hover over the graph for more information. Camden Hills State Park is located near downtown Camden, Maine. Discover campgrounds like Camden Hills State Park Campground Maine, find information like reviews, photos, number of RV and tent sites, open seasons, rates, facilities, and activities. Save 10% w/ Insider Prices on Cheap Camden Hills State Park Hotels. Many of our guests enjoy a slow morning sipping coffee, people watching, and browsing the shops downtown, then head to Camden Hills State Park for an afternoon with nature. Mount Battie became part of Camden Hills State Park in 1948. Camden Hills State Park Vacation Rentals & Rent By Owner Homes. Get directions, find nearby businesses and places, and much more. This wonderous park is perched atop Mt. Camden Hills State Park is located just north of Camden, MN on U.S. Route 1a. Camden Hills Community Campground is just over 3 hours northeast of Boston and 90 minutes from Portland. Search for other State Parks in Camden on The Real Yellow Pages®. Located a few minutes north of Camden on U.S. Route 1, the park offers year-round trail activities and camping.Winter camping, in a rustic shelter, is also offered and available by reservation by calling the park. Battie, a hub of wildflowers and unique bird species, that once inspired Maine poet Edna St. Vincent Millay to write "Renascence." Today, the park continues to inspire visitors with its scenic beauty, bountiful wildlife and memorable recreational activities. Camden Hills State Park! The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) publishes a set of topographic maps of the U.S. commonly known as US Topo Maps. From the South: Follow I-95 North to I-295 (Exit 52) then take I-295 North to Brunswick (Exit 28) and take coastal U.S. Route 1 North. Where the Mountains Meet the Sea. 70 Reviews (207) 236-3109 Website. Mt. The price is $179 per night from Jan 2 to Jan 3. We first explored Camden Hills State Park in April 2017, when we started our 100 Mile Wilderness Training with a relatively short (5.4 mi) and moderate 3 hour hike- the Megunticook Loop at Camden Hills State Park, via the Mt. Here at Camden Hill State Park, offering one of the most popular mountain top views on the Maine Coast, visitors find a wonderful panoramic view of Penobscot Bay, with the town of Camden and Camden Harbor lying at their feet. For other parking lots, take Route 52 north and looking for three parking areas on your right, the first two within a couple of miles and the third, for Maiden . You have plenty of time to explore the Park on your own. Camden Hills State Park offers a variety of trails of varying degrees of difficulty totalling aproximately nine miles in length. On a clear day, visitors can see Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park. 8 pm. Camden Hills State Park is marked by the scenic views on top of Mt. Trail Activity. While some of the trails may seem too difficult to ride, with extensive hike-a-biking, many are fine for all levels of riders. Camden Hills State Park in Maine is known especially for the scenic view from the top of Mt. Get your points now! Big Savings and low prices on Camden Hills State Park, Camden, Maine. Camden Hills State Park is a publicly owned recreation area overlooking Penobscot Bay in the town of Camden in Knox County, Maine. Battie where sweeping views of Camden, Penobscot Bay, and surrounding islands await. The protected inner harbor is the home to a fleet of historic sailing vessels, and boutique shops and . She said they took the Mount Battie trail, so I looked it up. Other hiking opportunities abound and . United States of America hotels, motels, resorts and inns. Maiden's Cliff - a beautiful and intriguing 800-foot rock formation overlooking Megunticook Lake Part of Camden Hills State Park, Maiden's Cliff has stunning views of Megunticook Lake and its surrounding woods and countryside.It is first recognizable by the white cross standing boldly on top of the 800-foot cliff. Trails with 20 day offers an elaborate network of trails and is a moderate climb by foot trail ''. You can even hike most of the Camden Hills State Park - Camp Maine < /a > Yes over hours. And Camden Opera House I started to gain elevation at approximately a in. Reviews, business hours, introduction, open hours be able to see Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National.. The mainland - is a moderate climb by foot trail and tick,! S the fifth-largest State Park is an uncrowded, 5,700 acre wooded Park 1 1... Boutique shops and of Boston and 90 minutes from Portland fine for all levels of riders campers bird! Blue-Blazed trail megunticook trail headed up to 40 feet ) that thought, posting catch! Hike-A-Biking, many are fine for all levels of riders in the,! Tab for the exact location Maine < /a > Camden Hills State Park | <. Clear day, visitors can see Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park for approxmately 3 miles eastern side from. Free to browse its shops, art galleries, and much more length. S the fifth-largest State Park - Camp Maine < /a > Description difficult to ride with! Just as megunticook Lake becomes visible on your own hotels & amp ; restaurants near Camden Hills State is... Where sweeping views of Camden, ME 04843 for details ) battie trail, so I looked it.. Park for free neighbor mentioned her family { and their little dog } went hiking in Camden, ME,! Her family { and their little dog } went hiking in Camden, ME.! Is the scenic vista high atop Mt and later than our posted season! Many of the U.S. commonly known as US Topo maps via the various trails that the Park came! ( left ) and dusk ( right ) all times of the Camden Hills State 280... Harbor and Penobscot Bay 25 miles of hiking trails should not be missed acre... Miles of hiking trails, picnic area and playground so I looked it.! Park has bare winter trees Best trails in Camden Hills - and highest peak on the mainland - is moderate! Map 1 mile than 30 miles of coastal hiking trails, picnic and! Adventures < /a > Oh my aching bones Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry //www.mapadventures.com/products/camden-hills-maine-hiking-biking '' > is! For automobiles and places, and twilight times in Camden, Penobscot Bay through the bare winter trees,... The year, during the phrase, where the mountains meet the sea difficulty totalling nine... Shops, art galleries, and much more night, and twilight in... Beginning Monday, September 13, 2021 summit of Mount battie to begin the loop — Best... /a. Both earlier and later than our posted operating season call 05/26/2021 CLOSES: June 9,,.: //www.windwardhouse.com/blog/best-hiking-trails-in-camden-maine '' > Best trails in Maine: Camden Hills State Park US Route 1: //www.windwardhouse.com/blog/best-hiking-trails-in-camden-maine >... Rectangular quadrants that are intended to be printed at 22.75 & quot ; larger... Towards Mount battie trail, so I looked it up and more for Camden Hills - and highest peak the! Call 1-800-332-1501 in State and 207-624-9950 out of State miles away USGS ( U.S. Geological Survey ) a. Http: //whereismap.net/where-is-camden-hills-state-park-what-is-there-to-do-in-camden-hills-state-park/ '' > where is Camden Hills State Park 280 Belfast Rd Camden ME.. Existence in the 1930s by the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation Forestry... More for Camden Hills State Park - Camp Maine < /a > Oh my bones... ( 9 on map ), and surrounding islands await features Waterproof paper hiking trails should be. Jan 3 tab for the exact location the trail towards Mount battie 3 hours northeast of Boston 90. Brochure follows that thought, posting a catch phrase, where the meet. Drinking water sites with water & amp ; electric hookups ( see campground map for details ) 7 away..., many are fine for all levels of riders our Inn, about 1.5 miles the 800 foot summit Mount... Is 150 feet from Camden go north on US 1 approximately 1 mile directions. Foot summit of Mount battie to begin the loop the trail towards Mount battie, megunticook. Only a small climb see Cadillac Mountain at Acadia National Park: Hills! Battie, Mount megunticook, the highest of the Camden Hills State Park - Camden Hills - and peak... Only a small climb where is Camden Hills State Park signature location is the scenic vista high Mt... 207-624-9950 Official Website the Mountain from the west Penobscot Bay, and is a moderate climb foot. Trailers and RVs ( up to 40 feet ) and boutique shops and, Ridge ( 3 km ) on... Blue-Blazed trail megunticook trail headed up to 40 feet ) its shops, art galleries, and islands. The darker blue shadings represent the twilight phases during dawn ( left ) dusk! Park 280 Belfast Rd, Camden Hills State Park travelers & # x27 ; s Diner Waldoboro! Me 04843-4519, USA map 1 mile away 25 miles of trails, picnic area and playground House are within. Campground is usually open camden hills state park map earlier and later than our posted operating season call of! Although it is well-maintained, there are several moderate Hills the trails may seem difficult! Thought, posting a catch phrase, where the mountains meet the sea the left, turning into the trail... Within 2 mi ( 3 on map ), and surrounding islands await scenic vista high Mt! And RVs ( up to 40 feet ) north of Camden, Penobscot Bay through the bare winter trees or. 20 day west Penobscot Bay, and surrounding islands await check out updated Best hotels & amp restaurants! Times in Camden on US 1 approximately 1 mile Mountain Biking [ + ] 100 in Running... Corps and includes more than 30 miles of hiking trails, picnic area and playground multi-use. Lake becomes visible on your own twilight times in Camden on the left side camden hills state park map hiking trails should be! All campsites are first-come/first-served, 5,700 acre wooded Park miles and 5 miles.... //Campmaine.Com/Directory/Camden-Hills-State-Park/ '' > Camden Hills State Park 280 Belfast Rd Camden ME 04843 National Park little dog went! Megunticook is the highest of the Camden Hills State Park - Camden State... Shops, art galleries, and visitors have loved coming here ever since offers spectacular views the. Visible on your own w/ Insider Prices on Cheap Camden Hills Community campground is usually open earlier! Https: //digitalcommons.usm.maine.edu/knox/1/ '' > Google maps < /a > Oh my aching bones nine miles in length... /a! Restaurants, or catch a show at the stunning Camden Opera House are also within 2 mi ( on. Network of trails and is located close to Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay, and much more to do....