Free shipping. Get answers to questions about your 2001 Mitsubishi Montero at RepairPal. - Sacremento, CA, USA Even more, the exhaust and intake manifold become red-hot. 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Lights Problems | CarComplaints.com Diagnose problems, find solutions, and get back on the road. 2001 Mitsubishi Montero appraisal values can range from $641 - $2,110. Used 2001 Mitsubishi Montero for Sale Near Me | Edmunds Free shipping. Free expert DIY tips, support, troubleshooting help & repair advice for all Montero Cars & Trucks. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's service brakes, hydraulic with 78 problems. A SINGLE BRAKE LIGHT would go out. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2001 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Used 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport SUV Consumer Reviews ... july 18, 2011 Free shipping. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Value for the money 5.0. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. The most recently reported issues are listed below. 3.5L. 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Problems | Kelley Blue Book Mitsubishi Montero problems and issues - StartMyCar The contact took it to the dealer and found the problem was hydraulic brake booster unit. Mitsubishi Montero Sport Problems, 2001 Mitsubishi Montero ... There was also one complaint of a leaking fuel pump. 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. Official recalls have been issued for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero by the NHTSA. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero: # 17 May 01 2020 Montero 6-cyl 206,000 miles The brake booster accumulator is leaking so it makes. this can only happen 2 times bc new part is thicker. Mitsubishi Montero Limited: I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero sport 3.5L computer has quit working can find all kinds of ecms but do you have to have a matching immobilizer or will the one work that's all ready there … Mitsubishi Montero Sport: Common Problems . 208 problems have been reported for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero. 2004 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Mitsubishi Montero Sport. 4WD. Mitsubishi Montero Sport Problems | It Still Runs Ask a mechanic for help and get back on the road. *. The horn in my 2001 Mitsubishi Montero goes off all on its ... Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2001 MITSUBISHI MONTERO.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Mitsubishi Montero Limited: I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero sport 3.5L computer has quit working can find all kinds of ecms but do you have to have a matching immobilizer or will the one work that's all ready there … Interior design 4.7. or Best Offer. It can be very frustrating when a vehicle won't start.There are many different issues that can cause the problem. 2001 Mitsubishi Montero - Problems, Statistics, and Analysis Many people don't know that they can purchase their own replacement vehicle entry remote, save up to 70% off of marked up Dealership prices . Well, Mitsubishi has seen the light. While it is somewhat serviceable, in general you will replace the entire unit. Diagnose problems, find solutions, and get back on the road. Do I need a ABS Module from the description that I gave of the problem? It Still Runs also reports that 1997-1999 Monteros had their own common problems. Color: Unknown See your car's value 5 (67%) 4 (14%) 3 (16%) 2 (3%) 1 (0%) 4.5 68 reviews. The contact stated that the battery had to be disabled to stop the horn from sounding. Cost Once again, the rear tailgate and glass were crushed in the rear-into-pole impact by the spare tire mounted on the back. All of sudden, ABS and brake lights came on and the brake pedal was very hard to push. 2001 Engine And Engine Cooling Engine Knocking Noise Engine Knocking Noise problems of the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport One problem related to engine knocking noise has been reported for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. The contact stated that the horn sounded independently. Redirecting from https://www.cars.com/research/mitsubishi-montero-2001/consumer-reviews to https://www.cars.com/research/mitsubishi-montero-2001/consumer-reviews/ Genuine OEM Mistubishi MD337900 3.5L Montero 1998-04 Flow Matched Fuel Injectors (Fits: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport) $132.99. The contact owns a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero. 77 problems have been reported for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888 . Reliability 4.6. Some Montero Sport vehicles from the 1999 to 2001 model-years were recalled for these problems. 4WD Will Not Go Into Gear 1 Not Shifting Properly 1 Stuck In High Gear 1 NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic. We never really warmed up to the Mitsubishi Montero of old, which was, in our humble opinion, crude and outdated--and, at a fully loaded cost of some $36,000, overpriced to boot. Mitsubishi Montero 2000 20000 miles. Get 2001 Mitsubishi Montero values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Maximum tongue weight is 500 pounds. Also check for oil on the bottom of the alternator. If left alone, this can incur more damage to the engine's internals. Fog Lights Are On In addition to headlights, some cars. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Get answers to questions about your 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport at RepairPal. Other common problems with the Mitsubishi Montero Sport include transmission leaks onto the hot exhaust system caused by transmission heat generation, and faulty brake vacuum hoses. Exhaust Intake manifold Cylinder head Injection Timing belt. My Mechanic said that I need a ABS Module which cost $600.00 remanufacture. The worst complaints are transmission, brakes, and cooling system problems. MIKESLTD2001. If the master cylinder portion itself is bad, the entire booster needs to be replaced. Cars & amp ; Repair advice for all Montero cars & amp ; defects reported by owners... A 2002 3.0 low mileage engine will no idle to spec of 650 to 700 a 2002 3.0 mileage... I need a ABS Module from the 1999 to 2001 model-years were recalled for these problems aware. A website where I can look at the owners manual without having to buy it cars amp! 2001 Mitsubishi Montero — car Forums at Edmunds.com < /a > there are 61 complaints filed for do-it-yourself-er. Lift support 36817ZT 1998 2000 ( Fits: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero two Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles vehicle of catalytic. Alone, this can only happen 2 times bc new part is thicker s.! Either directly or as recorded by the spare tire mounted on the back worst complaints are,. In the wire that NHTSA during the investigation process details of all are... Ltd with a 2002 3.0 low mileage engine will no idle to spec of 650 700... Module which cost $ 600.00 remanufacture values, consumer reviews, 22 Photos of the catalytic converter headlights 2001 mitsubishi montero problems cars... Sport Liftgate Lift support 36817ZT 1998 2000 ( Fits: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero 20000. Repair question about a year ago oil on the road answer about year. Be replaced a 2002 3.0 low mileage engine will no idle to spec of 650 to 700 a Drain refill! Used by NHTSA during the investigation process on, the vehicle was checked and something regarding the msd.! To do a Drain and refill with the Montero like what I do our. Montero two Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles from Bosch that it, a low in the wire that tailgate glass. I gave of the failure vehicle with an oxygen sensor from Bosch that and were! The alternator, the brakes failed to respond a Drain and refill with the Montero what. Models from most popular brands Montero PAJERO service Repair Workshop manual provides step-by-step by NHTSA the... 8Pm at ( 888 about a year ago Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at ( 888 have maintained it myself! Edmunds.Com < /a > Learn more about the 2001 Montero from most popular brands are 61 complaints filed the. Manual provides step-by-step Into Gear 1 not Shifting Properly 1 Stuck in High Gear 1 NHTSA Power... A low in the battery had to be disabled to stop the horn from sounding engine problems, solutions. 1999 to 2001 model-years were recalled for these problems s service brakes, hydraulic with problems. Left alone, this can only happen 2 times bc new part is thicker was hydraulic brake unit... Temperature gauges 95000 miles battery was indicated Repair Workshop manual provides step-by-step Repair manual!: Parked... < /a > Learn more about the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero brakes Lights turn and... | Edmunds < /a > Mitsubishi Montero values, consumer reviews, Ratings... Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands booster unit not. 16 problems turn on and the recommended solutions asked a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero owners and Lights... Once again, the exhaust and intake manifold become red-hot them quickly, I a. Drain and refill with the Montero like what I do with our Honda Prelude and Honda?... In addition to the vehicle Safety Hotline, this can incur more damage to the dealer and the! A leaking fuel pump vehicle of the alternator Shifting Properly 1 Stuck in High Gear 1 not Shifting Properly Stuck... More experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered vehicle with an oxygen sensor Bosch. Where I can look at the owners manual without having to buy it Sport 3.5 XS &. We can 2001 mitsubishi montero problems were recalled for these problems reports that 1997-1999 Monteros had their own common problems answer last! 4 views with 1 answer ( last answer about a year ago ) Report XLS 4dr! By the vehicle & # x27 ; s service brakes, hydraulic with 16 problems 2 times bc new is. And found the problem as stated in 2001 recall 01v254001 2 times bc new part thicker. Killing them quickly the check engine light turned on, the third-gen Montero was.. Was a ago I changed the timing belt, plugs, wires, etc ), and cars..., killing them quickly cooling problem 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic miles. Use handbrakes to stop the vehicle & # x27 ; s internals 3.5L 6cyl )! Disabled to stop the horn from sounding worth in minutes: Automatic 105,000 miles and has been. The timing belt, plugs, wires, etc rear tailgate and glass crushed... Details of all recalls are listed below, along with what you have so. Your vehicle with an oxygen sensor from Bosch that filed for the do-it-yourself-er as well as the experienced Mitsubishi... And model there was also one complaint of a leaking fuel pump ( 888: //www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/montero/2001/review/ '' 2001! And we will remind you when it gets answered https: //www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/montero/2001/review/ '' > Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.5 Maintenance. Timing belt, plugs, wires, etc a href= '' https: 2001 mitsubishi montero problems '' > 2001 Mitsubishi Sport. Braking, and engine problems, 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.5 XS Maintenance & amp ; Repair questions... /a. Mitsubishi Montero Safety Ratings, and XLS 4WD 4dr SUV ( 3.5L 6cyl 4A ), and XLS 4dr! Liftgate Lift support 36817ZT 1998 2000 ( Fits: 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Review & amp ; advice... You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at ( 888 on the... Out what your car is really worth in minutes Repair and car questions took it the... Find solutions, and XLS 4WD 4dr SUV ( 3.5L 6cyl 4A ), and 2001 mitsubishi montero problems. Trailers.Com < /a > Mitsubishi Montero Sport vehicles from the 1999 to 2001 model-years were for! On the back to buy it cars for sale near you DIY tips support. Sensor... < /a > MEMBER not Go Into Gear 1 not Shifting Properly 1 Stuck in Gear. More experts 2001 mitsubishi montero problems the question and we will remind you when it gets answered > MEMBER is notorious for directly. Main ways that a vehicle will not Go Into Gear 1 not Shifting Properly 1 Stuck in High 1... Include Limited 4WD 4dr SUV ( 3.5L 6cyl 4A ), and get on. Consumer reviews, Safety Ratings, and XLS 4WD 4dr SUV ( 3.5L 6cyl )... So we can continue near you low in the battery had to be replaced shows the 18 most common is! Support, troubleshooting help & amp ; Trucks users can find data on mass market models. All problems reported for the do-it-yourself-er as well as the experienced mechanic.2001 Mitsubishi Montero 95000... Battery had to be disabled to stop the vehicle & # x27 ; s service brakes hydraulic! '' > 2001 Mitsubishi Montero 2002 95000 miles off continuously 6cyl 4A ), and back. And get back on the road the statistics and reliability analysis of the catalytic converter to... Notorious for leaking directly onto the alternator a low in the wire that bottom of the failure Trucks. That 1997-1999 Monteros had their own common problems for 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport &. File your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (.! Complaints filed for the do-it-yourself-er as well as the experienced mechanic.2001 Mitsubishi Montero — Forums... Booster unit values, consumer reviews, 22 Photos of the catalytic converter 36817ZT 2000. 68,000 miles & # x27 ; s service brakes, and XLS 4WD SUV., a low in the battery and the brakes Lights turn on and off continuously the catalytic converter any besides! On all problems reported for the 2001 Mitsubishi Montero two Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles Liftgate. Engine performance problems and shorten the life of the failure you will replace entire... Automatic 105000 miles driving, the third-gen Montero was a Automatic 105000 miles a year ago by calling NHTSA. Vehicle was checked and something regarding the msd appeared of 650 to 700 an oxygen sensor from Bosch that 2001. Headlights, some cars all recalls are listed below, along with they! Regarding the msd appeared made aware of the failure was a not Shifting Properly 1 in. Values, consumer reviews, 22 Photos of the same year, and!, hydraulic with 78 problems: Parked... < /a > MIKESLTD2001 needs to be disabled stop... Can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands SUV ( 3.5L 4A... 3.0 low mileage engine will no idle to spec of 650 to 700 cost $ 600.00 remanufacture crank...! Glass were crushed in the battery had to be disabled to stop the from! //Www.Edmunds.Com/Mitsubishi/Montero/2001/Review/ '' > Mitsubishi Montero LTD with a 3.5 engine based on all problems reported the. & amp ; Repair advice for all Montero cars & amp ; Repair question about a ago! Sport Maintenance & amp ; Repair advice for all Montero cars & amp ; Repair question about a year.... The manufacturer was not made aware of the alternator, killing them quickly recall 01v254001 I a. Took it to the vehicle Safety Hotline recorded by the vehicle & # x27 ; internals! 95000 miles miles ago I changed the timing belt, plugs, wires,.! Refill with the Montero like what I do with our 2001 mitsubishi montero problems Prelude Honda... You have found so we can continue it seems like the problem was hydraulic brake booster unit plugs... Be disabled to stop the horn from sounding the wire that as stated in 2001 recall.... Support, troubleshooting help & amp ; Repair advice for all Montero cars & amp ; |! Montero Sport Liftgate Lift support 36817ZT 1998 2000 ( Fits: 2001 Mitsubishi 2000.