A. Carlos is still in the mens' room. = 2 5/20 Audiences have, Noah is writing an introduction to his essay on vending machines in schools: Childhood obesity now affects more than one in three Americans under the age of 14. The answer is Option 1: I wish I could say my work is done, but I still have to finish editing Maria's and Josh's reports. There was a wild stamping of hands on the ground, Still even after all of the hatred he receives at visiting arenas Lebron James remains one of the most popular athletes in the world. Question: QUESTION 13 Choose all of the sentences that demonstrate correct apostrophe usage. "Yours" and "take it," but doing all right, Tugging at my cap in just the right way, We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Which sentence demonstrates the correct use of an apostrophe? Which sentence demonstrates the correct use of an apostrophe? The boy and girl in our club is in the cafe. Close observers will notice that, though sea stars appear to float, theyre actually propelled by tiny tube feet. Take a look at some examples. The children's toy's were kept in the toy box. Possessive apostrophes with singular nouns. Banished to the outfield and daydreaming This group is large. A. A sea star is an echinoderm because its body has five sections that are arranged around a central disk. Many children fail. Which sentence uses apostrophes correctly? C. standard meters. Note: This Question is unanswered, help us to find answer for this one. Of laughter overtook me too, answer choices There is a mispelled word in this sentence. Cependant, il est conseille de ne pas dormir ddd la belle toille a eause des quantits normes d'inseetes et de serpents venimeux. It was in an empty lot This violence is not being displayed in only magazines and television, rap songs are also conveying that sexual assault is acceptable. Choice C' is incorrect for using an apostrophe in John, there only apostrophe used must be in Julio alone to make the sentence correct. A. Carlos is still in the mens' room. The evidence that this is the correct analysis of the sentence comes from the whole of the rest of the grammar, all of which provides, by virtue of the coherence of the description it gives, the evidence that the lines of separation have been drawn in the right place. If no apostrophes are needed, mark the sentence "correct". Choose all that apply 0 points Nobody's phone rang during the meeting. Bill Corson was pitching in his buckskin jacket, K - University grade. 4. No. This site is using cookies under cookie policy . All of us writhing on the ground for one reason Less commonly (predominantly in informal speech and writing), we can . It is difficult to save money. Sea stars have an amazing ability to drop their arms when threatened by a predatorbut then regenerate new ones. (Actually, he needs false teeth and a nose job, but the year's gum work is a start.) Evaluate your skill level in just 10 minutes with QUIZACK smart test system. A. I worked hard each day. We went to the children's section of the library to find some picture books for my nephews. Which of the options below would most effectively revise the following run-on sentence? MODELO La mujer es mi mam. Which of the following sentences demonstrates CORRECT use of apostrophe A27 A word like very or really that modifies a verb is called a/an Intensifier Which of the following sentences contains an infinitve Grudgingly, she admitted that she would prefer to go with us Which of the following sentences contains at least one aderb clause Level 1, Punctuating Single Sentences focuses on building students' skills at punctuating single sentences. Charity The colon is not used for _________. Contractions. A) Sarahs shoes' were killing her feet. As such, Alejandra is writing an introduction to her essay about the preservation of rainforest wildlife: Over the years, industrial activities like logging have been slowly destroying the homes of rainforest, David is drafting an essay about college hockey rivalries for a hockey-themed blog: Three years ago, the Boston University Terriers played the North Dakota Fighting Hawks in the NCAA tournament. Which sentence demonstrates correct apostrophe use? An apostrophe with an "s" after a proper noun indicates that the person, place or thing owns whatever noun follows his or her name. If Im trying to say Its their bed. would i put a apostrophe in between the t and the s in its? Contractions - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary The patient's blood pressure dropped to 100/62 mm Hg. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. 1.He said he was not superstitious, but he carried a rabbit's foot for good luck. User: She worked really hard on the project. = 15 * 3/20 O a. Belles' sister is coming to town on Tuesday to meet with the preacher O b. Belles sister is coming to town on Tuesday to meet with the preacher O c. Belle's sister is coming to town on Tuesday to meet with the preacher O d. Belle sister is coming to town on Tuesday to meet with the preacher QUESTION 6 Which sentence demonstrates standard use of an apostrophe to show possession? Which sentence demonstrates the correct use of an apostrophe? "Kansas's laws". Source: www.slideserve.com Web terms in this set (13) which sentence demonstrates the correct use of an apostrophe? B) Her's is the last drawing of its kind. 16/9 = Weegy: Whenever an individual stops drinking, the BAL will decrease slowly. b. By its easy arc before it hit Common English pronouns include I, me, mine, you, yours, he, she, it, him, her, his, hers, and others. Simply English is the essential companion for anyone who cares about the language and wants to use it correctly. by joycheskes. It has been proven that sock's can be life saving, Socks are extremely important when your out in the backcountry; without them, it's easy to get your feet torn up. Poor people do not want to stay poor forever or live in terrible conditions all of their lives; however, many are unable to rise above their circumstances. (It's = It is) Don't worry, it won't rain. II faw porter un pyjama et avoir une bonne moustiquaire. You'll get a detailed solution from a subject matter expert that helps you learn core concepts. Which commonly misspelled word is spelled incorrectly? For example: "Men's feet are generally larger than women . If the noun does not end in -s, add -'s. Example: That is Tony's car. If the parentheses enclose a full sentence beginning with a capital letter, then the end punctuation for the sentence falls inside the parentheses. Alex's dogs ate all their treat's. Colons are not used to introduce __________. Yet schools still provide unhealthy, Choose the sentence that shows the correct placement of the modifier "only" to tell the reader that Tony doesn't like vanilla ice cream unless it is on apple pie. English. The circus had acts such as juggling tumbling and lion taming. And everybody peeled away from me What is the apostrophe in a name called? How is the possessive formed if the noun is a possessive pronoun? Shell start college next semester. 3. To show SINGULAR POSSESSION, place the apostrophe BEFORE the S. (Example: Roxy's leash) answer choices TRUE FALSE Question 3 120 seconds Q. Close observers will notice that, though sea stars appear to float, they're actually propelled by tiny tube feet. Use an apostrophe to indicate a noun is possessive. represent something beyond itself, If I intend to achieve my goal, becoming an astronomy researcher, I must take a course load that includes high-level math and science classes. Even though the dog was small enough to fit in her pants pocket. A. Are violent video games bad (1) Using Apostrophes for Possession Apostrophes are used to show possession. Here, the apostrophe indicates that a letter has been removed. C. My assets were wiped out in the depression. When using a singular noun, the apostrophe is used before the s. For example: "The squirrel's nuts were stashed in a hollow tree." When using a plural noun, the apostrophe goes after the s. For example: "The squirrels' nuts were hidden in several hollow trees throughout the forest." To indicate possession with a singular noun, add 's at the end of the word. Only one sentence uses the apostrophes correctly. Sea stars spines are made of calcium carbonate plates, which protect the creature from birds, fish, and sea otters. QUESTION 4 Which sentence demonstrates standard use of an apostrophe to show possession? O a. to confuse\rule{1cm}{0.15mm}. Singular possession - when . Identify where the comma or commas should appear in the sentence below: The fox had its right foreleg caught securely in the trap's jaws. = 2 5/20 In "The New Colossus," the Statue of Liberty is compared to a/an Correct answers are in bold. We went to the childrens section of the library to find some picture books for my nephews O b.We went to the childrens' section of the library to find some picture books for my nephews OC We went to the childrens' section of the library to find some picture books for my nephew's Od. D. Neither the plates nor the serving bowl go on that shelf. While there should never be a single comma separating the subject of a sentence (drivers) from the verb (got), the pair of commas around the phrase "unlike his siblings" is correct because they designate that phrase as nonessential (which means the sentence would still work if the phrase was removed). I watched it closing in User: She worked really hard on the project. A. theme. And dropped from laughter, and there we were, Assonance and alliteration are different types of CORRECT This one is tricky . There are three methods of attracting earthworms from the ground: worm charming, worm grunting, and worm fiddling Identify which of the following sentences uses a colon correctly. A colon should be placed after which word in the sentence? Some of our belongings were still in the suitcase, the rest of them were scattered. = 2 1/4. D. The Hidalgos' son just graduated from college. How do authors reveal their attitudes, or point of views, toward a topic in argumentative writing? The easy way to think about this is to use the "of" test. 1. Whenever an individual stops drinking, the BAL will ________________. He complained that the meeting wasted everyones' time. answered Which sentence demonstrates correct use of the apostrophe? 20/3 2003-2023 Chegg Inc. All rights reserved. Use the apostrophe with contractions. Unnatural and without any moves, C. Close observers will notice that, though sea stars appear to float, they're actually propelled by tiny tube feet. On page 14 of The Call of the Wild, what's meant by the phrase "The _____ is defined as to lose or give up hope that things will 15. My forehead with a thud. User: She worked really hard on the project. Sophia English Com 1 Unit 1 Challenge 2.docx, UNIT 1 - CHALLENGE 2 Writing Effective Sentences.docx, THE BASICS OF ENGLISH COMPOSITION -UNIT 2 CHALLENGES 1-3.docx, Which sentence uses apostrophes correctly.docx, Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14-32-39 English Composition I - CHALLENGE 3 Punctuating Sentences.png, 97 Literature the Humanities and Humanity Astrophel and Stella tainted, Enzyme enzymos G leavened from en in zyme leaven A biomolecule either protein or, Pneumonia readmission rate reduction.pptx, Which of the following is paid for under the FICA Federal Insurance, Market-based-renewables-how-flexible-hydrogen-electrolyzers-stabilize-wind-and-solar-market-values.p, How about 30 o C Solution This is a transient heat transfer situation where the, 23 Images of a Non Trial Koppels speech at the Peabody Award ceremony might give, 15 AL202102 E IIBC b Ozone layer depletion is one of the major problems being, Male Female Relation Major Essay Assignment.docx, English Composition Select the true statement about factors that can influence a writer's style. D. They gave me a bonus. II peut y faire assez froid la nuil, dane il faut emporter des ve\"{e}etements chauds. Use details about the Ottoman or Mogul Empire to describe how its rule would have impacted this person's life at that time such as Hungary in 1526 or 1550, or Istanbul in 1650. Which of the following sentences does not contain any errors? My notions of baseball and America Au Sngal, on peut faire du camping sauvage et domir a la belle toile sans probleme. B. C. immigrant. Conseils pratiques pour le camping nu Sngnl. 2021 All rights reserved. Which of the following sentences demonstrates proper subject-verb agreement? a.) C. themes. His t-shirt riding up over his gut, Correct answers are fully explained using their definitions, to reinforce skills. (can't = cannot; she's = she has) The sweatshirt comes in the following: sizes small, medium, and large. On page 14 of The Call of the Wild, what's meant by the phrase "The _____ is defined as to lose or give up hope that things will 15. And dropped from laughter, and there we were, Gregory Djanikian Which of the following sentences demonstrates the correct use of an apostrophe when expressing the possessive form of a plural noun? We use an apostrophe to show where there are missing letters in contractions. Try rewording the sentence and substituting the apostrophe with the word of. Mama is singular possessive, so the apostrophe should come before the "s.". Apostrophes. Contractions most commonly occur when two words that commonly appear next to each other in a sentence are combined into a new, singular word. joycheskes. And dusting me off with hands like swatters, And though my head felt heavy, I believe it is yes because studies have repeatedly shown an association between playing violent video games and increase D. The childrens' parents were nowhere to be found. Explanatory terms in a sentence are often enclosed by parentheses. Hannah Teter is known around the world as a snowboarding gold medalist, but she is more than an athlete to the children who benefit from her charity Hannah's Gold. II fwat toujours rester pre\"{e}es du feu de camp. B. won B. major themes. C) The dog's water bowl is completely empty.
Georgia Southern Soccer: Roster, Articles W