Low self esteem, the need to please others, the avoidance or fear of conflicts, guilt issues, etc. I have THANATOPHOBIA, the fear of ones own death, or the dying process. There's a reason for 'emergency . It is not uncommon for some tp fear being in certain places without a friend or someone they know. That is how phobia names are created. Katagelophobia Fear of ridicule. May want to rethink that. Worst case scenario for a chromophobe: To avoid such feelings, people with phobias may avoid any situation where they might potentially encounter the source of their fear. Neopharmaphobia Fear of new drugs.. Your email address will not be published. Peccatophobia Fear of sinning or imaginary crimes. Paraskavedekatriaphobia Fear of Friday the 13th. Phallophobia Fear of a penis, esp erect. I also have a phobia of bones breaking or the possibility of it potentionally happening. The real thing you want to focus on is if this fear is one impacting your life, you may want to see a therapist. So, to say that such phobias only happen because there is a fear that no trauma might trigger such fear, is incorrect. Do people have it? While there are well over a thousand recognized names of fears, most will go unnamed, since they are not widely recognized. It is very uncomfortable. So is it possible yes. Demi Lovato - Elevators. I have been trying for over a year to keep my phobia in check. You can create your own name by taking the Greek or Latin word for what you are seeking and placing phobia behind it. Maybe you require the avoidance of certain things. What does this suggest? find someone to work with that can assist you in becoming all you can be. Is this a phobia? Scopophobia or Scoptophobia Fear of being seen or stared at. I always want all the doors closed to my house, including rooms and toilets. Its coming down!, she continued. If she doesnt, there is little to say about it. I never talked about it and havent thought of it till I came on this site. Ergophobia Fear of work. The main symptom of acrophobia is feeling intense anxiety and fear of heights. Bromidrosiphobia or Bromidrophobia Fear of body smells. I also cant sleep in a total darkness, I must at least have some kind of street light. J Anxiety Disord. Xenophobia Fear of strangers or foreigners. Madonna is supposedly very scared of thunderstorms. If this is problematic for you or it interferes with you ability to cope with daily life, see a professional. Lyssophobia Fear of rabies or of becoming mad. Parthenophobia Fear of virgins or young girls. Linn, not certain if there is a name for this fear, but clearly you may want to see someone to help you resolve this, especially if it has been going on for a while or if it is getting worse. For the last 6 months I have developed a fear for throwing objects not throwing them away ( as in horading) just throwing things. She simply declared, ", Apparently Adele's phobia of seagulls all started when she was 9 years old. Because there are an infinite variations of fears or phobias, there are plenty of fears that are unique or expressed in unique ways. If you have the fear, then there is such a fear. I think it has been worse since the dream came true. Tennis comes on and I have to leave the room, it's intense.". Reportedly in his High School Musical days, Zac Efron had a fear of stripping in front of an audience With a bod like that we find this impossible to believe. Algophobia Fear of pain. Some different rare specific phobias include spectrophobia (the fear of mirrors), chiclephobia (the fear of chewing gum), and hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (the fear of long words). Or considered not intelligent, cause Ive suffered from this. Is there a fear for being murdered? Its the scariest thing for me. You have done your part in raising him. Is this a separate phobia or just an extension of the predetermined? With Halloween upon us we find out what puts the spooks up some of pop's biggest stars. It could suggest many things, but most certainly you put the opinions and emotional states of others before your own. Anything that can be thought of can also be feared, so you could consider your situation a phobia. Any famous people that have pyrophobia (fear of fire)? Contents. Doing this on your own can be quite a challenge, but working with someone who deals in changing irrational fears can beneficial. Nicole Kidman. Selaphobia Fear of light flashes. Thats spiders right? You want to talk to someone to see if it makes sense or if there are better alternatives to try first. Sciophobia or Sciaphobia Fear of shadows. Im completely frightened by self harm. Ponophobia Fear of overworking or of pain.. Phobias can have a serious impact on well-being, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Pedophobia Fear of children. Gnosiophobia Fear of knowledge. For example, if I see a mother pushing her shopping cart and her little toddler/child is standing in the cart or leaning out while mom turned her back & is comparing apples, I need to turn away because I am starting to imagine the kid falling head first to the floor. Im afraid of getting picked up and carried like a 4 year old. But i was getting my hair highlighted and it was my mum. Bacon says she will leave the room if she sees any talking food on TV, especially those evil California Raisins. Whether there is a name for this or not does not mean that the fear is not real for you. Ataxophobia Fear of disorder or untidiness. Is there a phobia for this: being terrified of being hurt emotionally, disliked, or displeased by your loved ones or the people you care about i.e. The list of phobias is an educational tool. I have a fear of closing my eyes so cant do eyelash extensions. Perversely I have no issue with dry tea leaves, I can hold these and let them cascade through my fingers, even like the sensation and the smell. I have a pathological fear of celebrities. Jonathon, without further info, I am not going to assume to know how your mind is processing these things. The Hunger Games actress told The Sun, "I get so nervous before going down red carpets particularly after that fall at the Oscars". If you are looking for a specific fear (fear of spiders, fear of animals, etc), go to the. Chirophobia Fear of hands. Look of the word and then phobia at the end. Angrophobia Fear of anger or of becoming angry. Till now not famous celebrity has this fear of tables problem. It is understandable you want to put a name on it and you can, since most phobias are Greek or Latin words put in front of phobia. I got really claustrophobic and I had to get out, she concluded. This fear drives people either to be successful or have failure in life. Can I tell you want the name is, no. Thank you for your help, and excuse my bad English. In addition to this, I feel the same amount of discomfort when watching other people touch, even if its just a casual knock of the hands when walking past each other. Carpooling &Ride Sharing: Are you doing it right? Liam ' s One Direction bandmate Niall Horan apparently has a fear of pigeons when too many are flying overhead. Venustraphobia Fear of beautiful women. Psychophobia Fear of mind. Seplophobia Fear of decaying matter. Noah, it is possible to have a fear of anything, including the ability to contact people, though there may be some other underlining fears driving the one you have. like life is a simulation? Im getting tired of being scared. Famous Chromophobes: Anyone know the fear of opening up to people, or the fear of people who want to be close (emotionally) with you? Gynephobia or Gynophobia Fear of women. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013. Middle of the back seat of a clown car. Cleptophobia Fear of stealing. The bootylicious babe was wearing heels high enough to reach the top shelf of a supermarket, so naturally she called the paparazzi over to her, fearing taking the escalator down a floor. So yes you can have a phobia of looking at germ pictures too close or others getting mad. I cant find the name for the fear of being followed or stalked. Cypridophobia or Cypriphobia Fear of prostitutes or venereal disease. Symmetrophobia Fear of symmetry. Does this phobia have a Latin or Greek name did these cultures partake or know of tea drinking? I like that i have this phobia and try as much as possible to stay away from guys. Find someone in your area who can help you, or if that is problematic, feel free to call Designed Thinking at 866-718-9995, i got OCD with stupid tnghis, like not being able to drink from a cup and other stupid stuff like that. Failure? Women are more likely to experience phobias than men. Psychological symptoms. If you walk into most health professionals offices and say, hey have you ever work with someone who has xxxxxphoba, they probably wont know any of them except for the most common ones. Because of this, any attempt at a completely exhaustive list of phobias would be a futile exercise. Again, the mind can associate fears to anything, so yes, there could be a fear of tall men, is there such a phobia like big things on finger tips like the pokemon mr mimes they just creep me out and the pokemon does too, There can be a fear of anything the mind can concoct. Since your mind is creating this, it probably will not just go away on its own. Its just the thought that humans took over practically the entire planet freaks me out is there a name for this? I have a lot of experience with it and I tend to obsess a lot, even when there are no signs of it happening. (Baddest of Them All) I feel uncomfortable whenever i see an open door. Medorthophobia Fear of an erect penis. Psychrophobia Fear of cold. Do not know what it is called though. Any fear that can be imagined can be realized. Some people with acrophobia fear significant heights such as a tall bridge while others also fear shorter heights such as being on a ladder. Pediophobia Fear of dolls. Could you give me a few ways to deal with this without getting professional help. 2023 Dotdash Media, Inc. All rights reserved. 4pm - 7pm, B.O.T.A. Also it there a fear of not using correct punctuation or spelling? Now these may be phobias or there may be some other things going on. pls tell me what the fear of crucifixion and holy revalations is?? According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIH), approximately 12.5% of adults in the U.S. will deal with a specific phobia in their lifetime. 2013;27(4):379-88. doi:10.1016/j.janxdis.2013.04.007, Heeren A, Ceschi G, Valentiner DP, Dethier V, Philippot P.Assessing public speaking fear with the short form of the Personal Report of Confidence as a Speaker scale: confirmatory factor analyses among a French-speaking community sample. If Katie Holmes succumbs to the phobia we'll have confirmation that he's the outbreak monkey for this particular brand of crazy. Sociophobia Fear of society or people in general. Some of the different treatment options include therapy and medication. Tremophobia- Fear of trembling. Insectophobia Fear of insects. You do not trust yourself and are uncertain how to fit in. Anablephobia Fear of looking up. The real question is it a simple phobia, complex phobia, anxiety or something else. (Baddest of Them All)' on iTunes. Some people may think that Im weird because I always carry a bottle of water with me even though Im just going somewhere near. I really want to know the name of this fear so I can figure out more about it and maybe know why I have it and how common it is. This may be a phobia, but if it is personal questions, that may also be about yourself esteem, self worth or low self image. Is there a name to this condition? What is your opinion about fear of not to be successful in life. Sometimes its an actual light tapping sometimes it comes back in my head. Just like layers of makeup cover up their age spots and wrinkles, a false bravado helps cover up their insecurities. Kolpophobia- Fear of genitals, particularly female. It tends to only be wet grass though I have tried searching for it but i can only find fear of grass. Microbiophobia Fear of microbes. So, in the 6th grade my school had a track and the pavement was cracked and it had leaves coming out. There could be a big difference between fear and irritation. This may sound weird, but as of yesterday, Ive had a kind of pain in my eyes when thinking about bathtub faucets. It doesnt make it better that people are always demanding an answer out of me, like I dont have it. Whats behind this fear is the big question and you will need to work with someone to find out what this could be. Drinking out of glass, cup or bottle the thought of the glass touching my lips makes my skin crawl. This all happed today with the stain on the wall and a part of the wall breaking.I decided to wash myself but never did because i went to my sister and asked her why this was happening and I explained to her my eyes were bursting with tears and I suddenly couldnt breathe easily because it felt like my throat was clogged and i was struggling to say the words I wanted to to so i told her to come to my room. Without knowing more, my guess is you take an all or nothing approach to relationships. Botanophobia Fear of plants. Mysophobia is a fear of germs. You can have a fear about anything. I was TRAUMATIZED and started crying hysterically and screaming, and ended up hugging my knees sobbing on my bedroom floor. Check these out! Apparently this bizarre phobia affected LSD advocate Timothy Leary who started cutting his own hair as he was afraid of visiting barbers. A phobia is an anxiety disorder involving fear of a situation or object. I can imagine it being frightening not knowing what's beneath you. Singer-actor Justin Timberlake is believed to be afraid of spiders, snakes and all other creepy crawlers. Genophobia Fear of sex. I checked to see if it was anywhere else and I found my wall looking like mold. I would be really happy if you could include carpophobia since I myself are suffering from it and most people dont know what it is and often joke around with it when I tell them. Johnny Depp, never afraid to append more weirdness to his resume, is also wary of clowns. As scary and real as this may seem to you, these types of fears can be released. Eleutherophobia Fear of freedom. Ricci admitted to the New York Daily News that indoor houseplants disturb her, as do swimming pools ("natatiophobia"), and that touching a dirty houseplant is like torture. I suppose this could be related to clausterophobia, but I have a very hard times with rooms. As for the sneezing and burping, I would first ask, is it really fear or is it disgust or annoyance, because the latter would not be a phobia. I cannot see, or feel muscle as it makes me sick. Is this just a fear of traveling in a car or something else? You will definitely want to work with someone who can assist you on this. Part of this comes from unrealistic expectations, that you should be able doi:10.12688/f1000research.20082.1, Valiente-Gmez A, Moreno-Alczar A, Treen D, et al. Your self esteem, your identity, your ability to deal with let downs, over empathizing with others pain or mixed emotions. My question is WHAT IS THAT CALLED? Um, hi, Im Alyssa, and I was wondering what the fear of imperfection is called? Lisa, I believe your fear is real, but I do not know what it is called. Now that we're over 10 years out from her starring turn on Baywatch, the feeling is pretty much mutual. This may be more OCD oriented than just a phobia. Shame on you. Is there a specific name for that? Thats when. Fear of open water is one i understand but never experienced. Agrizoophobia Fear of wild animals. If Im unsure of what is twenty feet ahead but know what is within reaching distance then I am not afraid, but if the reverse is true and I know what is ahead but can not tell if something or someone is near to me I feel panicked. Have the same fear? Meteorophobia- Fear of meteors. I understand the desire may have to label their fears. This phobia can be extended to viewing videos of oneself as well. Yes it is possible, but it may be something other than a phobia. I have a small question that Ive been curious about. Britney, I am going to guess there are some trust issues you have with dealing with the unexpected. Psychology has compiled thousands of phobias, to the point that it seems somebody in the field has made a hobby of inventing them. Not all things classified as fears are phobias. Spheksophobia Fear of wasps. What are the Physical devices used to construct memories? Celebrities are adept at covering up their insecurities and fears. That you feel paranoid adds another layer of complexity to this. If so, is there a name for it? The psychological term for fear of the unknown is "xenophobia.". What should I do? Whats the fear of things getting too loud to fast? i know there are names for fears reagrding feelings (cherophobia, etc. Not only on me, but on others too. Coprophobia Fear of feces. Climacophobia Fear of stairs, climbing, or of falling downstairs.. Logizomechanophobia Fear of computers. Bacillophobia- Fear of microbes. Thank you, {{form.email}}, for signing up. Is there a fear for things being thrown at you? Who is Katy mixon body double eastbound and down season 1 finale? Salute bro!! Omg I HAVE THE SAME FEAR . Instead, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is considered a. Who is afraid of getting his hair cut? I hope you Like nets women wear on their heads. Febriphobia or Fibriphobia or Fibriophobia Fear of fever. If nothing else, Tamlyn A., youre not alone. Whether this is a phobia or something else should be determined by a professional. Tonitrophobia Fear of thunder. Thomas Stars like America's current sweetheart Jennifer Aniston as well as Tony Curtis (who supposedly turned to hypnosis to cure it), John Madden, Muhammad Ali, Cher and Johnny Cash have all admitted to the extreme fear of flying. Celebrities who have been upfront about suffering from clown phobia include rapper-singer Sean (P.Diddy) Combs, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe and heartthrob Johnny Depp. Please let me know if there are other people out there who suffer from this. The actual fear. Fear of nobody loving you Alliumphobia Fear of garlic. The only way to really know for sure, is to go to get a diagnosis by seeing a professional in person. Harpaxophobia Fear of being robbed. I dont know if its a phobia but I just wanted to leave this comment here anyways. Please help, The reason you are having difficulty finding the name is because the fear of rejection is just that, fear of rejection. What are you afraid of? Like fear of chair then is also not a specific name for fear of tables. Thank you. is there a fear of drinking water? Macrophobia Fear of long waits. In modern usage, the word has evolved to mean the fear of strangers or foreigners but its original meaning is much broader. Enochlophobia Fear of crowds. Hypnophobia Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized. (Bacillophobia) Stars like Americas current sweetheart Jennifer Aniston as well as Tony Curtis (who supposedly turned to hypnosis to cure it), John Madden, Muhammad Ali, Cher and Johnny Cash have all admitted to the extreme fear of flying. The act of self harming scares me in himself, so I kinda associate the razors with it? Winfrey attributes it to her grandmother's habit of lining up pieces of chewed gum in a cabinet. They may also be afraid of dirt or getting dirty, where germs might be present. Charli D'Amelio, Meet the Barkers, Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards | 34 views, 6 likes, 0 loves, 1 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Entertainment Tonight: Charli D'Amelio is sharing her. Find someone in your area to work with if you can. What you want is to work with someone who can get to the core issues behind the fears and find out if it is a simple phobia or something more complex. its funny, now wont even use a cup at my house, i just drink out of the faucet. What is the fear of losing everyone and not being able to do anything about it? Sufferers of botanophobia can presumably only find respite in the desert or the arctic, at least until living space on the moon is widely available.
Hidden Valley Property Owners Association, Juice Wrld Snapchat Bitmoji, Why Does It Sound Like I'm Underwater When I Talk, Permitted Development South Glos, Articles W