DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: A forum community dedicated to Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 owners and enthusiasts. The fronts usually clog at the same point, but just back up and leak down the outside of the hose instead of become disconnected. Had water leaking on my lap as I was driving in the rain. Despite the issue affecting several VW vehicle models, the company reportedly refuses to cover the defects under warranty. To fix the front drains, remove the wheel well liner and clean out what will be a few pounds of rotting leaves and general schmutz from the rear of the wheel wells. A week or so later, more rain and we have a lot of water now. Volkswagen Agrees To $57M Suspension Defect Class Action Settlement, Man Who Took Uloric for Gout Suing over Cardiac Side Effects, Volkswagen Timing Chain Class Action Settlement Gets Final Approval. Average failure mileage is 10,800 miles. There is a section further down the page with common radiator leak causes, if its coolant that you found has leaked from your Tiguan. Since the sun roof checks out to be "OK", remove the door trim panel on the passenger rear and check to see if the "vapor barrier" is kinked or damaged in any way from the factory. They said the trunk was now sealed but water tests showed water getting into the headliner on left side, so they pulled the headliner, a,b and c pillar covers, back seats, then water tests showed the sunroof frame leaking. Caused unknown continous flooding to the floorboard area resulting in multible and severe electrical problems. It arrived in Canada Jan 10th 83, was used for advertising and demos. Double check to make sure the water that is dripping out is coming out of the end only and not from somewhere else As and addendum to this thread -- After these heavy rains in So. Just putting silicone sealant round is not the right way and can trap water causing corrosion. Angus wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:19 am Could be from a burst windscreen washer hose, had this causing water into front passenger footwell - was on 2014 Polo though, I think VW said it was rear hose. I read about this issue, and it apparently has to do with the giant sunroof and a draining thing that is clogged? Location UK Car(s) VW GOLF MK7 Dec 9, 2020 . Went to pick up car today..found the trunk gasket not glued across . Add me to the complaint if it isnt too late. You definitely have the leak, because almost all Passat owners experienced this problem sooner or later. Tiguan owners were told the front sunroof drains could become blocked with moist debris, allowing water to leak into the passenger compartments. That will cause water to wet the passenger footwell. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. VW claims that rubber gasket gets dirty and need to be cleaned every year. If the airbag is broken, it will cause the warning light to illuminate. Some water might be getting through to the bottom of the car, but it might be overflowing and allowing some water to find a way into the car. Add me as well, bought a 2015 Tiguan, had the first repair done under warranty for the sun roof frame, not installed corrrectly in 2018 and then 2 years later sunroof leaks again and I am told to expect moisture to come into the car during inclement weather. Not the service reps. After reading information, I look in my spare tire area and over 3 gallons of water I pumped out. then it wasn't dry. I am in Canada. We cant sell the car in this state, and have no money to fix or replace it. Pulling into my job yesterday and noticed a drip that persisted right above the front/center console. The fix to take off the spider traps is very easy to do yourself. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan; Volkswagen Tiguan Car and Truck . However, the Volkswagen class action states that VW fails to meet promises that they will cover any repair to correct a defect in the manufacturers material or workmanship. Gjonbalaj argues that the company refuses to provide repairs for consumers who are affected by defective sunroofs. RECALLS! I thought it was the sunroof tube, but I cleared it out and it still happened. We noticed a smell in my wife's 2011 Tiguan and discovered her passenger front and rear footwells were pretty wet. VW confirmed it was a manufacturing defect and cover part of the repair because I was out of warranty (albeit by a month). I dont even use the sunroof, have literally opened it 1 time! The car has panoramic sunroof and cargo bar, for sure water is seeping from one of the two. From rain. same direction in the bottom inside the trim is the safety belt. The levels of the erectile-dysfunction drugs were so high that the sewage-treatments plants were unable to . 2016 mk7 Golf GTI here, afflicted as well, issues since June 2016,repair held 3 years after 3 months of arguing with corporate and dealerships, but issue back since 10/2019. Had water in spare tire area. Might be a sealant issue. Then one day i heard the water gushing in from the backseat floor area. Plaintiff Sokol Gjonbalaj says Volkswagen offers their customers a People First bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty which covers vehicles for six years or 72,000 miles. Is my car just ruined forever? Condensation Water Drain Hose on Heating and A/C Unit, Checking-Remove the trim panel inside the front passenger footwell. It seems like that tube sucks air in when the A/C is on. That is not true because after 3 weeks the problem re-emerged. Hi all, My Tiguan has always had moisture problems in the winter, I'd have to scrape inside, more than outsideI would park beside a friend at the same time, in the same location, and we'd go back to our cars and mine would be fully frosted and hers would be fine. They do not admit defect. The mechs cause more damage to the car but do not want to take responsibility again workmanship. I pulled the plastic trim from the console side away and found the source: there is a tube with a rubber intake that the water is coming out of. Then the service manager called me and says the other guy misspoke. I own a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagon. Which would be driver footwell in the UK, my Cali is LHD. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. I tried everything and I am worried about my children s safety as they have to sit in this unsanitary environment. It literally rains in my car from the interior overhead light buttons. Now the headliner is falling down. We have a current water ingress problem. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times to have the carpets and floor mats replaced and it still stinks. We need to sue, they do everything to avoid warranty repairs. All warning lights were on. Be sure to drain some water into the sunroof drain to be sure the path is clear. The dealer said if its the panoramic sunroof, its not covered by my bumper to bumper warranty. ps car insurance did NOT cover the first round of repair / cleaning, so Im not hopeful that has changed. Make sure it has the little tip on it to prevent the end from fraying. Got a 2018 Atlas a little over year and half ago and have had moldy smell in it since we got it, just found out about leaking drains due to manufacture defect or clogs and the water has made its way inside the floor in the rear. We found the spare tire well full of water, headliner stained. Im located in Canada. Second time in 3 years. . Car hasn't been driven for months and there's still water in the footbed on the passenger side. These two mornings I found it is wet under the passenger side floor mat. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. We got hammered that nite with a storm. I have a 2016 Golf and I just found out that I my sunroof is leaking into the car and pooling in the back seat. I have told them I will be trying to return their most expencive car on the lot as my business partner uses the vehicle and frequently has his infant daughter strapped in directly under the said exploded moon roof. Please add me to the list! Took into dealership and mentioned it was a clog/leak that was coming from the sunroof. There is so much water under the carpet padding. Cars go wrong because the manufactures try to make them affordable at the same time as making a profit to design the next models, pay shareholders, tax, wages, punitive fines etc etc. Ceiling is dry, so I dont think its the sunroof. This can lead to a false or inaccurate reading. We don't sell/share your email. if they know its an issue why don't they just get this done when cars need a service, amazes me the cost cutting that your seeing more and more with VW, used to be a premium brand but not anymore. Itll be toward the front of the vehicle, further up than where the A/C condensation would be. I just picked up my 09 SEL tiguan yesterday, when I got home, I found that the passenger footwell was soaked with water (from the A/C). In my opinion, the ACC, Lane Assist, and Park Assist are compromised because the sensors have been exposed to water. It could also be the cabin air vent units behind the rear bumper, these cause the pocket behind to fill with water which then leaks over and runs down. You can add me to the class action suit. #1. I have been going back and forth with VW corporate for months on this and have not gotten any satisfaction. Same issues. Here are the most common reasons that water may leak from your vehicle (not coolant, that is covered below). :(, I would love to join this or start a new one. Bought a new 2020 VW TIguan in July of 2020 in Maryland and in Oct 2020 my car started to stink like mildew from the bad moonroof drains that drained rainwater into my car. My 2018 VW GTI Autobahn has started leaking from the vents in front of the sunroof on the roof. The dealership we have been dealing with has been great. I have paid $2100 to replace the seal after leaking above the rear view mirror. of America. This pooling area is where the lane assist sensor sits. Called VW to ask them to make it right, they just thanked us for the info and refused to do anything. If you there is a big puddle of water under the vehicle, it may be because it was left running in place for a while. VWoA does not want to replace the carpet and padding and whatever else is water damaged. Shop had it on and off for 3 weeks trying to get it dry for me. My 2015 TDI Sportswagen sunroof major leaked in 2019 (4 inches of water in spare wheel well). The UK is about to stop using fossil fuels so we will reduce the global output of man made Co2 by roughly 0.5% Russia is seeking partners to pump out this oil from a field roughly the size of WalesWhy is it always Wales? They replaced some gaskets and the same issue happened again a free months later. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Once you find them, snake something like a thick weedwacker string through them to ensure they are clear. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Today January 2023, two weeks after the third gasket replacement we had some rain. Its obviously not. Had it checked VW dealer wants $900 to reset lights and another $1100 for leak. Black mold is most certainly a safety issue. Speaker seal was tight as well. You can change these settings at any time. Please ad me to the list, Just posted in the 2017 VW GTI se, spell check listed is fyi. what are the parts that needs to be replaced . My 2013 Passat had a musty smell, I reported it, my seat belts would be wet after it rained. They state the roof drains malfunctioning is a design flaw not a safety issue. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. I am looking for my money back from VW or for them to put me into another vehicle and they are just giving me the runaround. Seen a few other posts on this issue but my Cali is LHD so not sure if makes any difference. We bought a new 2019 Tiguan from the dealer for our daughter. The water in the footwell is quite considerable and is creating pools when the carpet is compressed. I was cleaning the car yesterday and took all the mats out. rear driver passenger footwell carpet soaked & wet under pedals in front footwell. My entire car smells like mold now, my passenger side air bag on the right feels very trenched. Noticed after heavy rain the water in the passenger footwell. I know you say it's not the sunroof, but my gf just bought a 2018 Tiguan and it has an open recall for sunroof seals. Called VW customer support and was stonewalled that I was out of warranty. Absurd. Please add me to your list. The 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan has 1 problems reported for water leak. This car was built Nov 9th 83, and left the factory Nov 19th 83. I will never drive another VW for the rest of my life. VWs customer service rep responded to my complaint that the sunroof was leaking was, Well you bought a Volkswagen with a sunroof.. It has been wet for over a month. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Top Class Actions is a Proud Member of the American Bar Association, Various Trademarks held by their respective owners. Seems to have cleared it as water is no longer standing in the gutter. The water does not leak when the a/c isn't on. having some water in the carpet and i just realized that got moldy somemore.gilaaaa. Passenger Footwell - Water leak. 2013 Tiguan with leak that damaged rear camera, VW said leaks are not covered under warranty. Yes you need to fix this as in time the damage can be extensive. https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-sill-panel-trim-removal/, https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/8/819-819030/, OBDeleven coding mods done on my 2017 GSW S, https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47754. Fifteen minutes on a hot day can be enough to get a trail to the rear wheels. I would not be a car manufacturer for all the oil in Russia's new oil field. I need a new headliner, mold removal, new carpeting, padding and sensors. The carpet was sodden in the front and back near side, so I dried it out as much as possible with hair drier . Luckily for me, it did not smelly coz it's brand new car.. Mid-October 2021 I noticed leak along drivers side where hood release lever was, followed by noted condensation on interior windscreens. Get the hose and have someone spray the outside of that door while you're inside feeling both door sills on that side to see if water is entering there. They told me what the it was the sunroof drain and gutter system. 2015 golf gti. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. warranty on workmanship. I got inside the van after having pulled back the carpet and insulation, and had my daughter spray water on the windshield/cowl area . The detailing professional of 20 years at the premier detailing shop says this kind of mildew odor cannot be removed. It was garaged the first 5 months and I noticed a leak May 2022, water coming into the floorboards and headliner was dripping. Two weeks back was a strong bad smell of wet rag/carpet, it was very strong. The main harness grommet [on US cars] is on the driver's side, through the firewall, near the clutch piston. in direction of the frame between the back door window and the back fixed window. Besides risk of mold, electronic sensors/controls may also be affected; my check engine light has started to come on. Thats when they discovered the main leak was coming from there. The second, a 2017 Alltrack, has had problems off and on since its purchase. If I was to trade this car in i doubt any place would accept it. Smell was still there, very strong. I own a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen. Please add this to the lawsuit as I only see 2016 cars but this has been a problem for way longer than that and VW has done nothing to fix it but keep on making cars with the same deficiency. I am still making payments on my so called high end car. I purchased the car while in Germany, had it delivered from the manufacturer. Is it the factory windshield? Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Drove for about 1 month. By submitting your comment and contact information, you agree to receive marketing emails from Top Class Actions regarding this and/or similar lawsuits or settlements, and/or to be contacted by an attorney or law firm to discuss the details of your potential case at no charge to you if you qualify. May 09, 2014 Cars & Trucks. I have a 2018 Tiguan with sunroof and mine leaks as well. Had it storage during the winter. Its a bit of an event getting that cleaned up and repaired properly. Can I get in on the lawsuit? Stared leaking this summer. Would the Bentley manual have a pic to look for regarding the drain in the firewall? I had both sunroof AND windshield draining issues with my 2010 Tiguan this summer. I have a 2016 VW Golf Sportwagen. Press J to jump to the feed. This problem can seem extra mystifying when your passenger side floor mats are soaking wet, and it hasn't even been raining. The dealership we have been dealing with has been great. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. expected to be mailed out. I have a 2002 MK4 Jetta. I have a 2016 Golf Sportwagen that is in the shop as I type for its 4th headliner due to leaky sunroof. Ive recently noticed that ive a leak which is causing the passenger footwell to be wet. I need to replace the carpet because of them all and now Im getting sick. Water leaking into passenger side footwell. I noticed the floor mats were wet, and didnt know why. My husband bought a 2013 Tiguan and weeks after 8,000 worth of work need to be done . Two ruined subwoofers, failed right front speaker, stained headliner and mold in trunk area. Apparently, the front of the cab was stripped and the front sunroof drains were unblocked so I hope that is its last visit for this obvious design fault. A forum community dedicated to UK based Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Read full answer. In addition, when I open the hatch back if its been raining, water will fall into the car. Opened the sun roof and found the gutter and parking space for bug catcher full and overflowing. You must contact the I posted a message last week about a leak in my 2012 high up. The rear sunroof drains commonly become disconnected from the fittings where . Ceiling is dry, so I dont think its the sunroof. Its with the dealer now. I can see a small trickle coming down over the internal wheel arch. 0 helpful. Me too! Same spots. VW Touareg models are as follows: Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6. We use cookies to improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and provide tailored content. I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow, but i'd like to get it fixed now, as my carpet is soaked and i'm afraid might start to stink. Last week I noticed a horrible smell when I sat in my 9n3 polo. I will never buy a VW again as they are dishonest and give 0 shits when it comes to honoring their warranty they tout so proudly. However, this can result in some functions no longer being available. Vauxhaull Vectra Inside water Leak Problem Fixed Wet floor in the car. Posted on July 2, 2022 by July 2, 2022 by The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Take the wheel off and wheel arch liner out, there may be a load of crap behind it forcing water in where it usually would not reach, and this will also allow a better inspection, there is a drain hole either side where it joins the wing under the scuttle panel as well which could also be blocked up, when water testing dont pour water directly in holes and openings, you could end up putting water in areas that would under normal circumstances remain dry, instead put the exterior parts back in place and test liberally with a hose, but dont jet it at the car, make it land on the car from above like a heavy rain shower and look up under the dash for the drips while doing so, be sure to remove as much trim as you can to allow a good view, peel back the carpet also, there is also a chance the water is coming in at the rear somewhere and running forward depending on how the car is angled when you park! I am horrified. I was able to confirm it by removing the plenum chamber cover and pouring water directly into the chamber, avoiding the windscreen. Sep 9, 2021. I found a link about putting in some absorbant foam or something under the carpet. Gone but not forgotten; 2016 Polo GTI 5 Door 6 speed manual, 2012 Model year Golf GTD 5 door 6 speed manual. Nothing inside is wet except the water comes from the back drivers side seat area onto the floor when it rains. I have a 2019 VW Tiguan that was serviced 8/21/2021 after I noticed the driver carpet damped in water, I live in south Texas and the 100+ degree weather did not help the odor that was coming from that wet carpet. Water can also leak out of the exhaust as this happens. Well when we decided to take it one day. Instead of trimmer string, try a bicycle brake or gear cable. Great warranties :( Please add me to this class action lawsuit. Noticed a large dripping leak from just behind the rear view mirror and have noticed condensation inside for about the last two weeks. You can probally use a shorter wire and run it up from where the water drains out and run it down from the sunroof. Then a year later, after they fixed it, I have leaking in the rear part of the sunroof and the dealer wants $1,200 to fix it. Let us know in the comment section below. The levels of the drug sildenafil more commonly known by the brand name Viagra detected in Seoul's wastewater were roughly three to four times those found in Brussels and two to five times those in Copenhagen, researchers said. Thanks for the suggestion. I think you will find that the drains either side of the bulkhead vent well that you have been clearing out will be blocked by decomposing leaves. I have a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagon with a panoramic sunroof that is leaking and the dealer, as well as my extended warranty company, says they will not cover and I would need to pay for it myself. I'm going to soak the car this weekend and see what I come up with. White of Greg Coleman Law PC; and Mark P. Bryant and Emily Ward Roark of Bryant Law Center PSC. 2019 Tiguan r line I have a 2017 VW Jetta Sportwagen and live in Washington stateI have paid $400 to clear the drain on the rear of the sunroof in 2021. After removal of my seat, pulling the carpet back.as best I can ive tracked the leak to immediate left corner. I told them no one mentioned this type of maintenance, nor gave me the manual to read BEFORE I purchased the car. CAUTION: I hung Damp Rid on the handle near the backseat window to try to get rid of the musky smell and dampness and the bag leaked and destroyed the rear car seat disintegrated the leather. Crasher can I ask what type and size Butyl rubber sealing cord you use and do you rivet the speaker back onto the door or use something else. Please add me to the lawsuit also. I have a 2016 vw golf sportwagen, only have had this car for 1yr 5 months and have major leak in the back and all through out sunroof. The right attorney could rake them over the coals and should. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Privacy Policy. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The action is deficient, according to the lawsuit, in that only "a limited . VW never attempted to replace the headliner and failed to stop the leak. They replaced the faulty parts however the carpet and underneath will not dry out. Never had it with a GTI but I did have a blocked air conditioner evaporator hose on a couple of cars. Now the car has musty smell from leak. I even paid a company to replace the front windshield because some mornings Id get in the car and the entire front windshield and side windows (driver and passenger side) would be soaking wet. 2022 MK8 GTi DSG Kings Red, DCC, Pan Roof, Winter Pack. Cookie Notice I brought the car back to the dealer they informed that the drain plugs were never removed prior to delivery. Keep in mind, it was dipping from the front part of the door OP, not the back drivers side. There is a black rubber nipple on the door post that has a tiny hole in it to bleed the water out. I have this problem in my MK4. Exhaust System Your Tiguans engine creates steam as part of the combustion process. I have been our of a vehicle for 4 days at this point missing work as I require this vehicle for work. The stress this has caused for so many financially hanging on by a thread is effing ludicrous. We need to all unite as they will do nothing for us as individuals. Is something stopped up? This is preprogrammed highway robbery! After owning it for two weeks, I found water on the drivers side floor and then found water on the drivers side rear quarter panel. Good luck diagnosing your Volkswagen Tiguans water leak. It is now a health and safety issue that like my daughter who has major sinus issue will result in a medical law suit. A forum community dedicated to all Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Purchased a 2016 VW Tiguan brand new. I still owe on the car, so this damage is a loss. Any advice? drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. A known problem is water leaking to the driver's side front foot well; apparently, this is caused by a water outlet . It's both a part of your vehicle's engine . Itll have a radiator hose attached to it. The warranty has expired, and the car is still leaking.
Lesley Ann Downey Funeral, Greenville Schools Backpack, Articles V