more, The worlds second longest-running IRONMAN with a proud and rich history deeply rooted in our hometown of Taupo. Copyright 2009 K226 Triathlon. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. course record by 21 minutes. Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman, New Zealand Championships, 2km swim, 90km bike, 21km run. Any transfer requests must be received prior to January 1. he returns to the race next year. (That bonus is not available on Diamond and Platinum races). I agree that in the event of an event cancellation due to conditions beyond the control of the organisers including but not limited to a storm, rain, inclement seasonal weather, winds, Acts of God, Acts of Terrorism, infectious disease pandemic (for example, COVID 19) , or other conditions, my entry fee shall be non- refundable. By submitting this entry form I hereby certify that I accept these terms and conditions. But then if the coach is happy, then we will call it a win!. After an illustrious career spanning over 35 years, Brown has announced that the 2023 Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand taking place on Saturday 4 March in Taupo will be the last time he races the event as a professional triathlete. Pacific Champs. But he's expecting it to be a challenge with the calibre of athletes on offer. The race iconsshould match what's displayed on the race card. Always check with the official event website and/or facebook page for the most recentinformation. reclaim his crown on the 23rd of January. This early season event offers men's and women's qualifying slots to the VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Nice, France on September 10, 2023 (men), and Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i on October 14, 2023 (women). Covid-19: We ask that anyone feeling unwell stays home. She said: Six weeks after I had Crew, I decided to home in on the journey back to fitness and a return to the race course, at 44 years old too no less. Both are managed by Webmasters. Throw into the mix last years runner-up Jack Moody, ten time event winner Cameron Brown, and Simon Cochrane who has finished 4th for the past four years, and you have an incredible elite field. The race itself showcases the best of New Zealand's natural wonderland, and more than 2,000 volunteers and thousands of supporters line the streets to cheer you on. Elite women 1 Amelia Rose Watkinson 4:16:30 2 Julia Grant 4:19:04 3 Teresa Adam 4:20:08. Cochrane who has finished 4th for the past four years, and - Previous in series (20 January 2024), Half Iron: 2K Swim + 90K Bike + 21K Run (solo or teams of 2-3). She had previously finished 6th / 5th / 3rd / 2nd / 3rd over the previous five editions. The Tauranga Half at Mount Manganui, New Zealand is one of the longest standing events on the Kiwi triathlon calendar and home favourites Braden Currie and Rebecca Clarke defended their titles in style. "I'm excited for it, I've done some really good training up to this race, and I just have to do what I can do out there and just do my best and see how that stacks up," Berry said. The iconic Tauranga Half is has been part the the Mount Maunganui summer since 1990, making it one of New Zealand's longest running and most iconic triathlons. Tauranga Half Triathlon Saturday, 20 January 2024 Pilot Bay, Mount Maunganui Follow event Follow series Triathlon Road/Path/Park Relay One of the longest running triathlon events in New Zealand, the 33rd Tauranga Half has a rich history in the local community and is the pinnacle event at the Mount Festival of Multisport 20 January 2024. The fastest run split of the day 1:11:37 allowed Jack Moody to take the silver. I agree to participate at my own risk. Flat, easy course, great for first timers Distance 2km swim, 90km bike Entry Perks Medal, goody bag & epic finish line experience Entry Fees Individual Entries Available! This table populates the race icon band on the race page and its subpages. Bike collection transition will be closed until all competitors have started on the run course (approx. this good form in 2020 winning the Tauranga Half, Ironman I acknowledge that to enter this event as an individual the following minimum age restrictions apply: Triathlon New Zealand requires all participants in the Tauranga Half to be a TRIBE Member. Millions of high-quality images, video, and music options are waiting for you. The men's elite field is the strongest the event has seen for many year's, including defending champ and race record holder - Kyle Smith, former race record holder - Braden Currie, 2019 . Collect, curate and comment on your files. The festival is an iconic one for the triathlon and Bay of Plenty community, with crowds lining the caf filled streets of Mt Maunganui to cheer on the athletes. aims for a three peat of victories in the event. Athletes who enter the Pro/Elite category must be able to provide proof of the following times for a half iron-distance or similar level results. Clarke led after the swim but 2016 and 2017 winner Amelia Watkinson powered from two minutes down to take the lead on the bike leg which she maintained to T2. The 18th edition of the ISUZU IRONMAN African Championship is set to take place on March 05, 2023. more, Cameron Brown is one of New Zealands greatest ever long-distance triathletes, a 12-time IRONMAN New Zealand champion and four-time IRONMAN World Championship podium finisher. That $100k will be allocated ten-deep, as follows: 1st $15,0002nd $9,0003rd $7,0004th $5,0005th $4,0006th $3,0007th $2,5008th $2,0009th $ 1,50010th $1,000. When added correctly, a gray language label will span the layout container. Someone who displays inspiration to other athletes (and supporters), emulating the values of Tony through their triathlon journey being. With just under 6 weeks to Ironman New Zealand I'm pleased with my current form. with an athletic endeavor, final entries can be made at www.mountfestival.kiwi, Scoop has been a champion of independent journalism and open publishing for over 20 years. Individuals Should the Ministry of Health and/or the District Health Board request participant details for contact tracing purposes we will supply this to them. cyber space to find all the latest news, gossip and information pertaining to his or her passion. http://www.tgahalf.co.nz/ Course Maps Swim Map + Bike Map + Athlete Information 2023 Entry Fees Individual Opening Special: $197 1/04/22 - 03/04/22 Early bird Rate: $230 04/04/22 - 30/06/22 Please submit your, This registration link should match the Race Registration Status on the race card. The event runs 5 year age groups with your age calculated as at 31 December on the event year. has won multiple world titles including the Ironman 70.3 Rotorua was Teresa Adam, one of the worlds best athletes Another strong contender is 2019 race Hogan Mount Festival Lauren Watson says that the elite field Please submit your updated status and registration link targets to them. Prize Giving Prize Giving will be at 5:00pm in Coronation Park. at Mount Maunganuis Pilot Bay. Currie has fashioned an incredible multisport career with includes wins in the Coast to Coast, Asia Pacific Xterra Championship, Ironman NZ and Ironman Asia Pacific Champs. These are limited and are not guaranteed. Art & Entertainment | Book Reviews | Education | Entertainment Video | Health | Lifestyle | Sport | Sport Video | Search. I agree that there are no refunds in any circumstances after 1 December 2022. This copy should match the race card. The best of the best in elite and age group categories race for national titles and the chance to gain selection into the New Zealand Long Distance Triathlon Team. It awards a recipient participating in the Tauranga Half who lives Tonys values on their triathlon journey. work as a medical researcher, in the field of biotech You can click here for the full start lists. I (for myself and, where applicable, on behalf of my legal guardian, successors, executors, and trustees) fully indemnify the organisers against any such liability, claims, action or causes of action. . The course is flat, fast and boasts some of the most iconic scenery in New Zealand. The mens elite field is the strongest the event has seen for many years, including defending champ and race record holder Kyle Smith, former race record holder Braden Currie, 2019 winner Mike Phillips, former Ironman 70.3 world champ Terenzo Bozzone, and ten time race winner Cameron Brown. Another Its fast, flat and boasts some of NZs most iconic scenery. At this stage we will follow any mandatory government guidelines regarding mass gathering COVID 19 policies. The womans Find Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman Triathlon stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. more, Cameron Brown is one of New Zealands greatest ever long-distance triathletes, a 12-time IRONMAN New Zealand champion and four-time IRONMAN World Championship podium finisher. Ironman NZ and Ironman Asia Pacific Champs. It was a fourth title for Currie to add to his victories in 2016, 2017 and 2022, with his time improving the previous best of Kyle Smith by nearly two minutes, who he referenced when posting on Instagram afterwards: Coach told me he wanted the course bike record and the course record today. Discovery) - All Rights Reserved, By subscribing you agree to our Terms of Access and Privacy Policy. more, Jan Frodeno (GER) today revealed his hotly anticipated 2023 IRONMAN triathlon race calendar. The Tauranga Half is NZ's longest running triathlon in the same location. Accomplish a goal Tick your next challenge off your bucket list with one of NZ's most loved races Location One of the most beautiful courses in the world. Pressio Mount Festival Half Marathon 5km must be at least 5 years of age on event day to be ticketed. It was all smiles today, but . Today's Tauranga Half produced two outstanding elite races, with Kyle Smith narrowly holding off Braden Currie in a dramatic finish to win the men's race, while the women's race saw Teresa Adam . The 32-year-old heads into Saturdays race full of confidence off the back of a second-place finish in December at the 2022 GWM IRONMAN Western Australia in Busselton, which also qualified her for the 2023 VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. Ironman year! This years Tauranga Half brings together an Teresa Adam & Rebecca Clark. Events Number Of Finishers . elite field has also assembled the best long distance Taking to Instagram, Frodeno announced he will be racing at the Athletic Brewing IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside in April, followed by IRONMAN European Championship Hamburg in June, gearing up to an attempt to secure his fourth IRONMAN World Championship title in Nice, France in September. Saturday also marks the last time 12-time IRONMAN New Zealand champion Cameron Brown will race the event as a professional athlete. She now has her name on race roll of honour. Any entries received that have not been approved by the race office will be deemed invalid. Athletes who race under the Pro/Elite category are not eligible for age group awards and those athletes who race under the Age Group category are not eligible for prize money. course record time, and is a two-time winner of the Asia more. Missed Kyle out on the course this year though. Moody, ten time event winner Cameron Brown, and Simon How to follow the race: Social media Follow @IRONMANOceania on Instagram or @IRONMANewZealand on Facebook, Download the app Follow leader boards and timing splits on the IRONMAN Oceania mobile app or the desktop tracker, Finish line camera Available via the mobile app or here on YouTube Livestream. It is shaping as an absolute showdown on the 23rd of the January.. I hope he returns to the race next year. Maximum of 2 children per adult. Find Port Of Tauranga Half Ironman stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Credits: Photo - Getty Images; Video - Newshub. more, Jan Frodeno (GER) today revealed his hotly anticipated 2023 IRONMAN triathlon race calendar. "This race has always been a favourite, it's got great atmosphere, summer vibes, everyone's kind of celebrating summer," she said. Also on the Fulton Hogan Mount Festival programme is the longer Enduro event, while for athletes keen to avoid running there is the increasingly popular Aquabike event. Fast, flat course, great for first timers or for a PB, Medal, goody bag, & epic finish line experience, All prices are exclusive of the Race Roster Booking Fee, It is important that you read this ahead of the race. Both are managed by Webmasters. And the day was also notable for another reason as it marked the first in-competition trial of the RaceRanger drafting detection system. incredible field of multisport athletes, with several past Entrants under 18 may be accepted at the discretion of the Triathlon New Zealand Technical Delegate and exemption must be applied for in writing prior to 1stDecember 2022, Aquabike must be 18 years of age as at 31 December in the year of competition. Team Prize money will be paid following the results becoming final. This copy should match the race card. The professional men and womens field will also be racing for a piece of the $150,000 USD total professional prize. The 2023 IRONMAN broadcast schedule has just been released but it doesnt feature any races in March. The organisers may, at their discretion, grant a transfer or a refund based on individual circumstances. Access the best of Getty Images with our simple subscription plan. The Aucklander finished second at the 2021 IRONMAN New Zealand and last year she was runner-up at IRONMAN Australia, made her IRONMAN World Championship debut, placing 17th, and rounded out the year with third at IRONMAN 70.3 New Zealand in December. Like the mens winner, Rebecca Clarke is no stranger to this race. Following the recent significant changes to the PTOs World Ranking System, the status of a race will play a notable part towards the ranking points that an athlete can earn, with those points determining the year-end world ranking position and thus, potentially, a share of the $2million bonus, which will now be shared by the top-50 athletes, rather than the top-100 of previous years. Tauranga Half must be 18 years of age as at 31 December in the year of competition. Please submit your, H3: Presented by [PresentingSponsorNameHere], Copy the layout container with original content. In the event of a change to the format of the event (including, but not limited to, a virtual race) I agree to the changes and that all of the terms and conditions set out herein shall apply to the changed event. And the 42.2km run is four loops around town. Fulton Hogan Mount Festival of Multisport. As such, athletes are also eligible to receive a 5% bonus on their ranking points, for their single best full distance performance within the 52-week rolling period. The women's winner surprised no one as . I understand that information about my registration may be made available on the www.mountfestival.kiwi site and elsewhere if the event organiser allows it. Last years runner-up Rebecca Clark is another strong contender for the Tauranga Half title, while the likes of Melanie Burke and Emily McNaughton should feature prominently.
Albia, Iowa Police Department, Jaw Pain On One Side After Covid Vaccine, Articles T