This reply may seem to be somewhat too short and even harsh and emotionless. They allow you to learn more about what might be happening outside of your immediate circle. Informal: Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Possible polite replies are yes, please, I would be honored, I would love that. It's been my pleasure, and I wish all of you well in the future." Most of these expressions can be found in both written and spoken discourse. You too = It was a pleasure working with you too.) However, if we are to make it more visible, the preposition with conveys more warmth than the preposition to; this nuance makes speaking with you the default choice. It saves having to essentially say the entire sentence again that they just said to you. It was a privilege to meet is a very formal and respectable way to show that youve enjoyed your time with someone. Martin has been featured as an expert in communication and teaching on Forbes and Shopify. Although I would say 'Same here. 12 Better Ways To Say Nice To Meet You Online (Zoom Or Email). pleased to meet you phrase (en.oxforddictionaries.com) Said on being introduced to someone. Im glad we could have this discussion. It was nice to meet you yesterday. B Is this correct and natural? What is the answer to it was a pleasure meeting you. ("polite") ", It might not be the best option for a formal alternative, but it still works well when youre showing that you had a good time. It is a great pleasure to meet you as well. to begin your interaction by praising the recipient. I am delighted to make your acquaintance, and I would like to offer my services for whatever you may need. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. "text": "We can thank someone for speaking with us via phone by using the expression “It was a pleasure speaking with you over the phone earlier today/this afternoon/yesterday, Mr./Ms. Can airtags be tracked from an iMac desktop, with no iPhone? It was a privilege to meet with you. Im glad we could meet. Its been a pleasure, and I hope youll consider me for future positions should they ever make themselves available. You might think that the reason is in the very person whom we have to respond to since not all the people we meet are nice. It was lovely to meet you too. But it does sound as if you are in a hurry to say good bye. If we have had an initial interaction with a person over the phone or any other voice-communication platform, we should say It was a pleasure talking to you over the phone today.. Yes, it was. To respond to either It was a pleasure talking to you or It was a pleasure speaking with you, we often say And you too or The pleasure is mine., Now that the basics have been laid out, its time to take a look at some of the most effective alternatives for It was a pleasure speaking with you.. Especially in the business world, where everyone appreciates people who are getting down to business straight away. How can we prove that the supernatural or paranormal doesn't exist? It was nice to catch up works well when you havent spoken to someone for a while. I hope we can arrange something like this again soon. Can airtags be tracked from an iMac desktop, with no iPhone? "I'm always going to remember my time working here. (friendly/enthusiastic) -Good chatting with you too! Some acceptable responses to this statement would be The pleasure is mine, It was nice to meet you as well, Nice to meet you too, Likewise, or It was a pleasure to meet you as well Ensure this value has at least 60 characters and not more than 4500 characters. However, this common phrase adds a dash of politeness to your message. It was lovely to meet you. Im glad we could have this discussion is a great phrase in many situations. Take care! So, in our post today, we list down different ways of expressing the same intent as with It was a pleasure speaking with you.. It shows that you respect and value their time. Its been great to talk to you is a great alternative you can use. Most people would say that I had a great time with you works best after an informal date. Of course, it is very nice to say something pleasant and polite that will let your new contact know that you are happy to meet them. (friendly/enthusiastic) "@context": "https://schema.org", B: Thank you for coming tonight, Jane. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? ), Polite: We could specify when the talk or discussion happened by using time expressions like yesterday, last week, this morning, and so on. I hope well be working closely in the future. It shows that you had a great experience meeting someone and talking to them about things. It was nice to see you! Nice talking to you as well. Friendly: "acceptedAnswer": { Yes, if you know that your interlocutor is ok with that. These acts make a lot of sense because we need them to maintain both professional and intimate relationships with everyone around us. See you again soon! Let me know if youd like to meet up to discuss anything like this again. We could see this work in the following ways: Another option is to make sure theyre comfortable and doing well. Also is another word we can use to flip the greeting into a reply, should we need to. You might see emails signed with this phrase in the following ways: It was great meeting you also is slightly more formal than nice to meet you. If you want to keep a good impression with whoever youre talking to, then this is the best choice for you. However, you may not be sure how to reply to it and might need an extra hand with that topic. Its me, Marcel. I wish we could prolong the meeting a bit more. It was great meeting you also, and I hope there will be plenty more opportunities for us to meet in the future. I appreciated your time, and I hope we can do it again soon. At the end of a conversation, you might find that someone looks at their watch, and says to you well, its been a pleasure talking to you. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? We don't say wear formal casual clothes or casual formal clothes :), There's another thing in both the OP and the title that made me frown in the first place. I appreciate you meeting me. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. If youve seen them multiple times, it might not be wise to say meeting you anymore. It was very nice for me to meet you as well! You can make use of it when someone else has introduced you to a new person, for example. B: Me too.) Enter a Melbet promo code and get a generous bonus, An Insight into Coupons and a Secret Bonus, Organic Hacks to Tweak Audio Recording for Videos Production, Bring Back Life to Your Graphic Images- Used Best Graphic Design Software, New Google Update and Future of Interstitial Ads. We might use this phrase in the following ways: It was a pleasure meeting you is a stronger phrase than nice meeting you, which is why it makes for a good response. Or, WebThe word "meet" can mean two different things - to get together with someone you already know, or to see and speak with someone for the first time. Thank you again for your time todayit was truly a pleasure meeting with you! Yes, its a very informal one. Speak with sounds a little gentler and more collaborative than Speak to, which can sound like a person of authority is speaking and someone younger or subordinate is listening. It should be a really interesting one. I will let you know if something comes up later in the week! 5. We dont actually shake hands with that person, nor do we make eye contact. I say simply You too. Or Thanks, you too. Which means (It was nice talking to) you too. With respect to Maulik V's answer above, I'd say that "Same You should use this whether its your first meeting with someone or youve met them a few times before. } I hope we can do it again as soon as the new findings come through. In situations like the one below, it would be inappropriate to use highly formal language because the relationship between the two people is quite close or intimate. It was a pleasure meeting you today at the government building. Like It was an honor to speak with you, It was a privilege to meet you also bears a very respectful, cautious tone. We can use It was a pleasure talking to you today, for example, after having a discussion over breakfast, lunch, or dinner with another person. ', Sounds awkward to me - the 'thank you' starts off more formal, but then 'same here' isn't. When to use which of your example sentences is all up to what tense the verb is in. and "How do you do?". English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. There are some better alternatives, though, and this article will explore them. Typically, well want to say nice meeting you, too or thank you first, but then we can continue to say I hope all is well to let them know that we wish them all the best. It implies that its been an eye-opening experience, and you might have learned a lot. You can also use it as a response when someone introduces themselves to you. Nice talking with you. B: No. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Related: 11+ Ideas How to Respond to a Cancellation Request? I didnt know how bad it got. Seems too simple, right? I really enjoyed our conversation on Zoom, and Im excited about the possibility of joining (I would probably not actually say this one, but 'me too' seems to be used more and more these days as a generic response, even if the logic doesn't work: A: It was good to see you again. To make It was a pleasure speaking with you more casual, we can conveniently replace it with either Nice talking to you or Nice catching up with you.. It was lovely to meet you yesterday. A: Thank you so much for coming today, Finn. Me: It was my pleasure! B: I had a great time too, Ash. Is it polite/good manners to say 'whatever'? 10 Ways To Say It Was Nice to Meet You 1. The best replies to nice meeting you on email is either Its been a pleasure or it was nice to make your acquaintance. Hope to catch up again soon! Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right 12 Best Replies To Nice Meeting You On Email (Business Context), 9 Ways to Say It Was a Pleasure Doing Business with You, 10 Best Ways to Say You Havent Met Someone, 12 Ways to Say Thank You for Your Hard Work to Your Team, 9 Other Ways to Say Im Good At on a Resume, 10 Polite Ways to Say No Visitors after Surgery, 11 Best Ways to Say Im Here for You to a Loved One, 10 Professional Ways to Say I Am Not Feeling Well. I will let you know if something comes up that we can work on together. Do you say speaking with you or speaking to you? So when people say nice to meet you, how to respond correctly? Hi there! This conveys that your are thankful to the person. Watch the video: Only 1 percent of our visitors get these 3 grammar questions right 10 Best Ways to Say You Havent Met Someone, 9 Ways to Say It Was a Pleasure Doing Business with You, 12 Best Replies To Nice Meeting You On Email (Business Context), 9 Better Ways to Say The Pleasure Is All Mine, 9 Other Ways to Say Im Good At on a Resume, 10 Polite Ways to Say No Visitors after Surgery, 11 Best Ways to Say Im Here for You to a Loved One, 10 Professional Ways to Say I Am Not Feeling Well. WebIf it's the first time you meet/know someone, I think is more suitable, which means I'm glad to know (meet) you. When someone says "It was nice meeting you" or "Great meeting you" it means that they met for the first time. You turned out to be a really good company. It couldnt have been easy, but I do appreciate your time. Short story taking place on a toroidal planet or moon involving flying. Do you want two examples, one for formal and one for casual? -I feel the same. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you too. If we want to convey more warmth to our message receiver, the expression It was lovely seeing you should do the job pretty well. ). Authors may put "talk to" in the mouths of paper people. You have such an insightful outlook on. Languages have always been my passion and I have studied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics and Sinology at the University of Zurich. this morning. I really enjoyed our last meeting, and I think it would be beneficial for both of us. (shake hands) Them: Nice to talk to you! How do you ensure that a red herring doesn't violate Chekhov's gun? There could be many ways and it depends on the speaker. However, I always reply this way Thank you. Same here. Or Thank you. Nice talking to you So if this is what you truly feel, go ahead and use this reply! when I'm about to leave. Heres a quick list for you, including all the expressions and set phrases: Parting messages are common in both written and spoken conversations. Read more about Martin here. It was nice meeting you, too. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation, Mario. Thanks so much to you! Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. 4. All of these responses are excellent. How to notate a grace note at the start of a bar with lilypond? But no matter which of them you choose, you can be sure that your email will sound very polite both if it is a work communication or a more informal one. If its in the beginning of the conversation, you may say, Posted on Published: May 18, 2022- Last updated: May 20, 2022. I eagerly look forward to our next meeting! This is a polite phrase that you say to someone that you've just met for the first time at the end of the conversation. Its quite versatile, so it can work well in either context. With friends, It would be my pleasure to go to It was nice meeting you, too. It was good to talk to you is a good choice even if youre not familiar with the person youre speaking to. John: Have you met Sally Hill? How to create your own style, how to look beautiful, and select trendy colors for your hair - these are just a few of many issues Kate will happily explain in Beezzly Beauty blogs! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. If youve had a good experience with your first meeting, this phrase should work really well to show them that youve enjoyed everything that youve spoken about. The pleasure was really mine/us or it was a pleasure too? If we want to show the person that we are excited to meet him or her, we would most likely use. By giving a smart reply, we can make a good impression of ourselves. At school, asked by a teacher to share something with the class, It would be my pleasure to answer the question.. It was a great pleasure meeting you! 2. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Im so glad I met you! It was great meeting you, Abbie. What is another word for its a pleasure? It was a pleasure talking to you yesterday/last week/this morning/earlier today. It may sound weird to some of you, but there are quite many people out there who become clueless and even puzzled when they have to answer to such a common greeting phrase as nice to meet you! establish strong and positive social bonds. responses. I appreciated your time yesterday. You can say, it was a pleasure to meet you in formal emails when youve spoken to someone for the first time. You should come for dinner with us this weekend. Im glad we could have this discussion. WebThere are some responses I use when someone says Nice to meet you: Them: Its nice to meet you! Exchanging positive greetings such as hellos and goodbyes is common across most, if not all, cultures around the world. Anyway, be careful when using this reply! Thank you so much! It was lovely to see you is somewhere between informal and formal English. Its a great alternative because it gets right to the point and shows someone that you enjoyed talking to them. Sam: Oh! again after a while, Reese. B: Thank you for having me here. What do you like doing at parties? My pleasure is an idiomatic response to Thank you. It is similar to Youre welcome, but more polite and more emphatic. Because casual and formal rarely describe the same thing. You can decide on any other positive adjective that works (i.e. Moreover, the expression It was a pleasure to talk to you is an even more widely-used alternative for It was a pleasure talking to you., However, It was a pleasure talking to you is meanwhile more popular than our expression today which is It was a pleasure speaking with you.. It was nice to catch up, as always. Comma after Hello Rules & Plenty of Examples, 21 Great Ways to Wish Someone for the Upcoming Weekend, How to Respond to a Resignation Letter with Examples, The Many Meanings of (Korean) Crow Tit DEMYSTIFIED, Thank You Notes for Physical Therapist Full Samples & Tips, How to Send a Resume via Email Template & Examples. "@type": "FAQPage", I want to see what else you can come up with that might help us here. With this many alternative answers, you will easily pick up the one that will be suitable for the particular situation and occasion, since some of these replies sound a bit more formal than others. A special one for the ladies: -Nice talking to you too. Im glad to be welcomed onto the team. I appreciated your time. This would be a simple concise response showing that you are also pleased to meet this person. It was great meeting you all. If your new contacts reputation precedes him or her (in a good way, of course), it never hurts to let the person know that you have already heard about them. If you know they are busy, it might be worth saying something like this. a CEO or your boss, if its the first time youve met them). { Learn more about us here. Thank you for shedding some light on some of these things. @syntaxerror where do you live? When the situation is even more casual, it also follows that we would want to wrap the conversation out in an informal manner too. Ill let you know what I decide once Ive had some time to think things through. Nice to Was is one of the simple past forms of be., We can thank someone for speaking with us via phone by using the expression It was a pleasure speaking with you over the phone earlier today/this afternoon/yesterday, Mr./Ms. Why does Mister Mxyzptlk need to have a weakness in the comics. If you want to go all Agatha Christie or Dorothy Sayers on him, you respond, "Likewise, I'm sure." It turned out to be a lucky day indeed. It's important to say one of these phrases before leaving If it feels a bit too formal, you can always just say "Same here" as Maulik suggested. I wonder if you ran into your ex-teacher and had a pleasant conversation with him or her, and before leaving your teacher said, "It was nice talking to you," would you reply your teacher with "Thank you. How do you respond to it was a pleasure talking with you? Some more casual phrases that mean mostly the same thing are: It What can I say instead of it was a pleasure? Thank you for meeting me is a simple phrase you can use in an email. Its been great to talk to you. Hello. * (pretty informal)*. Hey fellow Linguaholics! Why is this sentence from The Great Gatsby grammatical? This article will explore the twelve best replies to the phrase. Or, maybe, you feel that answering this way, though still being polite and friendly, sounds and reads a bit old-fashioned because you acknowledge the fact that the meeting is taking place online! the other (day/night) "The other day" means "a few days ago". You might be a bit embarrassed and confused about how to respond to someone who said nice to meet you online, and this is why.
Perrysburg City Council Election, Jacob Bernard Actor, Yuma Sun Obituaries Last 10 Days, Articles H