Here are some of my favourite introductory books and resources. My intention is not to tar everyone with the same brush, but times are changing and it is important not to be under any illusions when going to Cuba. Throughout the video, I also share some tips about reasons why each step of the long process is valuable and how to ensure your short process is valid as well. being bored. you are not bothered by funerals or cemeteries you have had experiences with the dead Pigeon, rooster, and male goat, are all offered to Esu. It looks like the Orisha that matches your personality is Shango. It is said that most of these avatars and enlightened spirits first existed in the etheric realm the realm of the spirits (Orun), and that then they came down into human bodies on the Earth as divine beings (Irunmole). Others may come on a regular basis and may never have to receive anything but may find that visits to a Diviner helps them on their journey. If this is for you, your ancestors will guide you and show you the way. And with a larger standard deduction $18,800 compared with $12,550 for single filers in 2021 your taxable income may be lower . I also explain the long process of finding out who your head Orisha is and the short process of finding out. Don't be in a hurry to claim a relationship that the Orichs themselves haven't acknowledged. Also bare in mind that even within traditions there are variations. you love to flirt The reason why there are so many fractured Orisha families is usually because of the lack of time taken to get to know one another, and also the fact that many relationships are long distance, which is very difficult to maintain. October 2020 In the If oracle, for example, a trained priest, a babalawo ("father of the mystery"), interprets the fall of consecrated palm nuts to reveal the orisha s' response to a seeker's question. We all carry the characteristics of two (a spiritual father and mother). In the divination, the client will place his head on the mat while the diviner throws the diloggun to bring his guardian orisha down to the mat and determine which owns his head. The ceremony of kariocha is marked through divination as a requirement for a person's destiny, and is not something done "because you want to" or "because you love the orishas". This is done using the cowrie shells (diloggn) of Eleggu or of the godparents tutelary orisha. Six red apples, placed on a dish and set upon a shelf in your home, are a standard offering. A person's head orisha is not a matter of choice or preference; the tutelary orisha is Along with knowledge of the orishas, knowledge of particular practices have also made their way into the mainstream. Yemaya is the Mother of the Ocean Waters, the Seven Seas. you are a natural gardener Going to any Diviner, does NOT commit you to their Ile (house of Worship). you were a difficult child If you have to own a weapon for a fight, which of this item would you pick? Snails, particularly large African land snails, or igbin, are a delicacy of Obatala. But also first steps first, make sure you pay attention to your ancestors. Finding a Godparent and Religious house. At this point, your head is stabilized, and you begin receiving higher-level spiritual insight and wisdom. I run an active Ile (religious house/Orisha temple) Punch two holes through the eyes, allowing the liquid inside to drain into a glass or a cup. being on time clothes are very important to you -- that is important to follow through on so that you can have the spiritual support you need. How old is Squidward Tentacles in Spongebob Squarepants? Using your date of birth, for example 11/17/1994, add up all the numbers until reduced to a single digit. Esu/ Elegba (Eleggua) is Guardian of The Crossroads, and the messenger of God Almighty. Summoning or invocation: It's NOT wise to try to summon the energy of one Orisha if you are not initiated to that particular Orisha. The Ancestors, The Orisha, The Creator. You may well be a child of Yemonja/Olukun (Yemaya) if: you love children are attracted to metals There is a small ritual that is connected to this procedure. Shango is the God of Thunder, War, Virility, The Master Drummer, the Master Dancer. Making Ocha and the Initiation Procedure. The colors and numbers associated with each Orisha are listed in a separate chart. This spirit protects you from harm and guides you along your path. Personality Quiz. Enter Your Name. you are attracted to lakes, streams, or the ocean The orishas are the gods of Santeria, the beings that believers interact with on a regular basis. Rub this liquid firmly into your scalp, with particular emphasis on the crown of your head. This deity is mainly known for being a go-getter and initiator. Over and over, experienced elders will say: these things take time. Once this happens, that person should begin making preparations for kariocha primarily saving money for the ceremony. As a child of Ogun, you may notice these characteristics within yourself. you love ideas Your head Orisha is one of the most important personal deities according to the Ifa religion and other diasporic traditions. How to know when an Orisha chooses you? - Original Botanica Which Orisha Do You Most Identify With? you are physically attractive Plante in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 23rd, 2007. brightly colored clothes It may be the first time that will connect with the religion and you may find it is a comfortable experience or you may find that it is not for you. are quick to take offense you hate confinement on any level Therefore, it has very little to do with personality. It would depend. In which case, the individual may encounter undue or chronic hardships necessitating they establish a strong and meaningful relationship with their guardian spirit. In the Afro Cuban branch Yemaya (Yemonja) day is Saturday. Which Orisha do you most resemble? Ogun could be your guardian Orisha if you: have a profound sense of right and wrong Head Orisha: Everyone has a head Orisha, and it is not always the Orisha you may feel attracted to. A review of the projects that came to London last year. Once you are close to having all the money in place a cowrie shell divination should be performed to find out who that persons tutelary or guardian orisha is. Itana Haos Rakic is currently writing a fantasy book that has heavy uses of Astrology, magic and the occult sciences. In the event of surgery, buy six different kinds of beans. First of all, to pray for a head one must have a lot of heart and that the religious's hands are spiritually fresh and clean, because by putting our hands on the body of another person and more on his head, we are offering a part of our life. During the Headlong mission, you'll find yourself in the Liming Harbor area of Neomuna, near the entrance to the Thrilladrome Lost Sector. I was one of the first Salsa Dance Teachers in London in 1989, before it became the sport of a million suburban housewives; formed Orchestra Salsa Y Ache in late 80's, toured and did many gigs for seven years; then formed Salsasonica which recorded with Buena Vista's Guajiro Mirabal. As an Aleyo or Aborisha your job is to learn about all the orishas and learn discipline, obedience and humbleness while apprenticing at your godparents side. The union should be blessed by the head Orisha of the Olorisha before making any commitment. Orishas are divine emanations that have been created and sent to Earth in order to help humans achieve their self-fulfillment. Many devotees begin each day by sprinkling cool water on or in front of Esu as a way of cooling his temper and asking for pleasantness in their own day. A person's head orisha is not a matter of choice or preference; the tutelary orisha is linked to a person's destiny. While the power of the Orishas is legendary, one doesn't become initiated for power or for money. Soak them overnight, and the next day fry them palm oil with plenty of pepper, cayenne, and Tabasco sauce. Personally I have witnessed bogus ceremonies, extortionate derechos and the receiving of suspect religious items from unsuspecting individuals in the UK who have not educated themselves or spent time getting to know those that they have received ceremonies or initiations from. dancing For houses that are Ocha-centric and do not work with Babalawos, this would be the moment you are marked for kariocha. January 2014 Which Orisha Do You Most Identify With? He was considered the creator of this universe. If the person has not received their hand of Orunla, this can be done through a divination with Ikin (palm nuts) prior to the initiation. you prefer small groups to large parties 3. This can happen at a drum ceremony or other ceremony. you are highly sexual I am a London based Iyalosha, ( Priest in the Lucumi tradition) crowned with Ochun; who is passionate about the arts When you know who your Head Orisha is, you know which energy to turn to for help. There was a time in the UK, where the only option was to have godparents that lived in Cuba or the US. The Religion like all spiritual paths is about elevation. It categorises people as underweight (under 18.5), healthy weight (18.5 to 24.9), overweight (25 to 29.9) or obese (30 or more). Sign 4: You might also hear strange phrases and names, like Ase, Esu, Oba, Ogun, Otin or Yewa (just some of them) that are a certain sign that youre being contacted by an Orisha, or an ancestor of yours who has become an Orisha. Have a look at the Blogs. Much Love #African #Spirituality #Orisha0:00 Intro (foodie recommendation )1:24 Intention2:26 Meaning of Head Orisha3:50 Long vs Short Process9:04 Knowledge of Self13:41 Connect but dont Attach15:04 Study Every Orisha18:07 Quick Tip20:34 Initiation24:15 Quick Story Time28:10 The Short Process32:13 Tip for Confirmation 33:46 Wrap Up The famous herbal black soap used to dispel evil is not used on these days out of respect for the aje (witches), who are said to hold meetings on Wednesday and Saturday. It is unacceptable for this ceremony to be done with the okuel (diviners chain). There are more initiations and less real knowledge or awareness. I would steer clear of any book that teaches you to divine, ( as a newcomer, there really is no point) or that outlines spells and magical works. For Ifa-centric houses,the divination of a persons crowning orisha is reserved for Babalawos. In the original African belief system from which Santeria originates, there are hundreds of orishas. A good day chiefs by virtue of their intention to remain in one location for a length of time. you have a strong sense of justice and honor Seeing how you feel within the Ile, how friendly people are and welcoming, and generally how you fit in, is important. They are also venerated by the Edo of southeastern Nigeria; the Ewe of Ghana, Benin, and Togo; and the Fon of Benin (who refer to them as voduns). sensuality. JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love. Although it's true that the various odu (signs, or letters) that come up in the reading are associated with particular Orichs, it's not accurate to say that information delivered during a regular consulta should be taken as proof that a particular Orich is claiming the person's head. Then comes God Almighty. She loves the honey and all of its sweetness. 4. tend toward a strong physique Unfortunately many people treat this information like a parlor game, trying to guess who a persons tutelary orisha is prior to divination. You share many personality traits with your guardian spirit. Embracing Spirituality is an educational blog sharing unusual, but fascinating spiritual experiences of the life of Metaphysics Teacher, Obara Meji, and how it all correlates to the spiritual journey of people around the world. December 2013 Itana Rakic is a certified Theta Healing practitioner, Tarot reader, Astrologer, and a Reiki Master who lives in Belgrade, Serbia. What should you do? Remember the oath you choose is solely your decision. communications I hope that this information was helpful for all those who who have wondered what orisha has their head or even why knowing your head orisha is important. It can also mean that youve been struggling to find your path and way in life, and you mightve been feeling stuck and praying for help, so it could be that the ancestors have heard your manifestations, and your prayers are being answered. 'He is also known as one of the greatest warriors of the Yoruba mythologies. Obatala is the owner of all heads he fashioned our bodies and minds. I formed the London Lucumi Choir in 2006 which has performed all over the UK, in major theatres such as the Barbican, the Southbank and Union Chapel, Rich Mix, The British Museum and the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. Here is our Aggay shrine at our Church. enjoy physical things The difference between the different roles are documented elsewhere. In the case of one guardian spirit, this energy governs the head. And besides. This meant that for me it was the only place to make Ocha. Channel 5 documentary program, Wetherspoons: How Do They Do It? This would happen in a divination where it is determined that you must be crowned a priest. I Have written about Latin Music, and I am passionate about singing and encouraging everyone to sing. I found A dead bird in my home. There are literally hundreds of orishas but only a select few of them can be guardian orishas that are actually crowned on a persons head as part of the ordination of kariocha. Affiliate Disclaimer:This site contains references and links from various affiliate marketers. you are always analyzing other peoples behavior and motives They need time alone and require peace and quiet. Some things are limited to explain in written language. https://guidesandgoalschatwithadunola.as.me/schedule.phphttps://www.patreon.com/Adunola MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola Others may seek you out for your wisdom. And the more we live in harmony with our Orisha, the more harmonious our lives will be. As time goes on, this will inevitably change due to the volume of practitioners and for practical reasons. Typically this ceremony is done as part of a person receiving their Awofakn or Ikof (hand of Orunla) but it can be done as just a reading if that person hasnt received the hand of Orunla yet. This is an expensive ceremony, and its not something that can be done on a whim, so much is there to be done and explored about the Orishas before you reach the stage for Kariocha. How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way! For the beginning of any long-term project. More than any other single offering, Oshun loves honey. Orunmila and Elegua are both witnesses to our destiny. Looking at the hip-to-waist ratio offers doctors a better way of . It is disheartening to visit tambors where Olorishas dont understand protocol, how to salute Anya, or the singing of the songs etc. Each system differs in how it determines your head Orisha. The cost for this divination will be $100. This video serves as advice and a warning so that you dont misconstrue your own life path thinking that you are an energy that you may not be, when you might have the energy of a different Orisha, which is more attuned to your life path. March 2017 There is a growing phenomenon of people wanting to know who their orisha is, along with a desire to worship and work with that orisha directly. At this time of year, with Yemaya's feast day on September 7, Ochn's on September 8, and Obatal's coming up on September 24, everyone is paying a lot of attention to these Orichs, which is only right and natural under the circumstances. quitting smoking & drinking September 2012 ", "Ohhh, girl, he is FINE! Instead initiations in Santeria help the person to move forward in their lives, often in specific ways and impart the ach or spiritual power of the Orishas into your life. Orisha Tradition: The Head Marking Ceremony, Kalunga Healing Arts, Philadelphia, PA, USA. I was born from Obatala and Yemaya. The two teams battled on this ground in 2019, where Quetta registered a 43 . In The Religion, first come the Egun (Ancestors). humor Take the raw meat and rub it on all four tires of the automobile while asking Ogun for his protection and blessings. prefer to do rather than talk about doing How do you know who is the right person for you? You arent supposed to know until you are already preparing for kariocha (ordination as a priest). So how does a person find out who their tutelary orisha is? Obatalas day is Sunday. Whats his Mystery Age. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. If you have not yet begun a practise of connecting to your ancestors, more than likely this will come up in a reading, so I really recommend to visit the above advise first. If-centric houses will defer to the Babalawos in their godfamily to determine a persons orisha. White doves are offered, but the blood is never placed on the stones of Obatala. you have a natural antipathy toward the flirty flashy members of the opposite sex For example, when a person finds out they are a child of Obatal they know they usually function best over time and that when they are hurried they are at their least efficient. August 2012 Not All Orishas Are Equal! The Mandela Effect: Did Coca-Cola Change Its Logo? She is the Yoruba goddess of Love and sweet waters and the most beautiful Orisha of the Yoruba pantheon. you are acutely aware of how you look I would say do some research first. Ogun cuts down obstacles and clears the way for people to follow their chosen paths. When you know who your Orisha is, you also know who to approach when you need help in life. Conversely, you might feel very sure of yourself and your intuition, and you might find this whole experience very easy and natural something youve waited your whole life for. Easy Folk Magic Love Spells to Try for Yourself, Basic Ingredients and Curios Used in Hoodoo. Your guardian Orisha is also responsible for maintaining balance in your life and keeping things running smoothly. travel I have seen too many instances that money will buy you any ceremony that you wish to purchase. The Spirits of Africa Numerology Oracle Card Deck, Connecting w/ Your Ancestors, 2nd Edition. A simple way of relieving this pressure is to purchases two coconuts. She is one of the most popular and venerated orishas. Which of these powers do you find the most attractive? If you have not decided that this is your path, you definitely do not want to just find out what orisha has your head and then walk away. She loves writing and is an experienced spiritualist too. Watermelon is a favorite of this deep-water Orisha. If you want to know who to worship and who to work with, its Obatala until it is time for you to find out who your guardian orisha really is. My office is in the basement of my home that is where, I have tried to keep myself away from the twitching beliefs since I became a Christian but the truth is. This day as well as Saturday, is inappropriate for most ritual sacrifice. Dr. E. at the Missionary Independent Hoodoo Workshops 2013, Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers. Head Orishas are significant deities in African traditional religions like Ifa. This deity is popularly known as the 'God of Thunder and Lightning .'He is also known as one of the greatest warriors of the Yoruba mythologies. Though many people do exhibit characteristics of the orisha that owns their head, not only does it not always hold, but we believe that we chose the orisha who owns our head before we incarnated because that orisha can best support our destiny. Orisha comes to London. Conversely, you can attend an Orisha Drumming and be claimed by an Orisha attending the ceremony through the human conduit present. Which Member Of Red Velvet Are You Most Like? In either case, knowing who this deity is can profoundly impact the course of your life. Each way is fine; however I would beware of houses that are extremely anti one path or another. Nana Clara Aldrin Quaye & Lilli Elena), Follow oshunschild's Blog: Simply my thoughts and feelings about being an Iyalocha in London on WordPress.com. Before proceeding further, you should determine whether your Ori (Higher Self spirit that resides in your head trying to play out your destiny on Earth given to you by Olodumare) will cooperate in assigning a Head Orisha to you. you enjoy watching the news you need periods of being alone Simple. Usually the godparent will use the shells of Elegba or the orisha they are initiated to and will sometimes ask another priest or priestess to do the reading for neutrality. Developing that connection requires, time and dedication but it is worth it. She is considered one of the most powerful of all orishas, and, like other gods, she possesses human attributes such as vanity, jealousy, and spite. having fun Sometimes your head Orisha corresponds to the planetary ruler of your sun or moon sign, so you could already be familiar with how this energy works. If they don't, they may read about the orishas and make a guess based off their personalities. Ei Ach Iy is a practicing Santera, daughter of Ochn. This is a Santeria/Lukumi practice for houses that work with babalawos. Why did MSF turn its attention to cancer patients? A good day to initiate new business ventures. If you see the number 5 a lot (my two most recent apartments were on the 5th floor), are attracted to the color yellow or gold and enjoy sweets, specifically honey, then you too may be a child of Oshun.. How many Orisha can you have? The best day to perform rituals for prosperity or financial success. Many other deities work with you, but your head Orisha is your guardian spirit. you have been left by a member of the opposite sex Even without the readings and (expensive) ceremonies, if you put energy and work into your Orisha research, you might be able to get connected with your Head Orisha and start a bountiful spiritual journey. Take this quiz to find out which of the Yoruba Orishas you the most similar to!! This is the proper day, however, for rituals to the witches. In addition I have family connections in Cuba. SPECIAL EBOS (Offerings) FOR OBATALAS CHILDREN. April 2016 In which case, you are equipped with specific aspects of your head Orisha for this purpose. You should be working on your own self, overcoming your weaknesses and building a relationship with your ancestors long before kariocha. In this article well address some of the misconceptions around the guardian orisha, clarify how a persons tutelary orisha is determined, and why you should or shouldnt know who it is. Also beneficial for business and financial events. Leave the meat by the railroad track. For more details, see our full affiliate marketingdisclosure. Connecting with their head Orisha can give them better spiritual insight and help them live more productive and prosperous lives. movies & theater, functioning within confined environments Therefore, the identity of our Orisha is extremely important for us in the religion. Nothing happens without him. In addition, if you have a problem that needs addressing, or you want to be proactive and involved, and truly walk the path, finding local priests is a more sensible option. These are legitimate initiations in those religions but are not a traditional part of Santeria Lukum. He MUST be a child of Shango!". My first reading took place over thirty 34 years ago, when the religion was illegal, Cuba was not a popular tourist destination and circumstances were very different. Your comment will be posted after it is approved. you tend to be slightly heavy Ask Obatala to bring you peace and tranquillity while you are doing this. Though the nomenclature used in the systems is different due to language discrepancies across the world. These are the list of tutelary orishas within Lukum practice that are done directly to a persons head. He is the head of the orishas and as such protects and guides all people with fairness and equality. you spend more time than most people deciding what to wear You should not be focusing on one orisha. I went to study music in Cuba in 1986, since then I have done many things. This could take form of what is known as aBoveda which is the vehicle that many Espiritistas use to communicate with Spirit. Unlike every other Orisha, Obatala is not offered palm oil. Long distance Godparents. In the Yoruba-based religions, the Orisha are angelic emanations of The Creator (God Almighty) manifesting through nature. Orishas presence is not active just in Yoruba religion, but also they are essential and very present in Santeria, Hoodoo and Diloggun divination practices. June 2015 Eggplants are a favorite of Oya. You may be an Aries sun or moon sign or have other prominent planetary placements in the Aries constellation in your natal chart. Because this is such an oft-asked question, I decided to write this post to help folks better understand the concept of the practice, as well as how the actual ritual is done. practical jokes prefer small groups to large crowds you prefer classical or quiet music to rock or rap Chili peppers, peppercorns, and jalapeos are all suitable offerings to Esu. This deity is popularly known as the 'God of Thunder and Lightning . PS I also have adhd which predicts that I will decorate the entire house with different colours every few years! Most orisha houses perform the head-marking in one of three ways: The erindiloggun (cowrie shells) of the godparent's orishas are read in a specific head-marking reading. Children of Obatal need to take very good care of their heads and should refrain from drinking heavily or taking drugs. In addition to these there are other orishas that are crowned through a ritual adjustment called oro. How to Find Out Your Guardian Orisha the Proper Way!JOIN MY PATREON TEAM for private live-streams, private lessons, recipes, money and love hacks, and a 15 minute consultation!https://www.patreon.com/Adunola@AdunolatheoracleThis was created because I see so many going around attesting that they are a child of a particular Orisha, but have not had an official proper ceremony done to determine who their Head Orisha is. In addition, we have performed at festivals such as La Linea and Bestival. I Have been a practitioner of Santeria, also known as Lucumi since 1986. you love dance and music This is one of the most frequent questions that I have been asked over the years. As such, the children of Ogun are often leaders in some capacity. Next, come Elegba (Eleggua) who opens the path, and The Warriors (Ogun, Oshosi, and Osun). SAFE Alert Fraudulent Orishas Sold Online , Ceremonies, Clarifying Misconceptions, Orishas, Religious Practices, Terminology. She loves the arts, music , and dance. Our interest in cancer is the result of a combination of factors. Red palm oil- a staple of all orisa with the exception of Obatala- is often poured on Esu or in front of his image. This knowledge often accompanies some additional information -- like the need to initiate! The main personal religious identifier for any Orisha worshiper is the necklace(s) made in the colors of the Orisha under whose protection s/he is initiated. Ogun could be your guardian Orisha if you: have a profound sense of right and wrong are quick to take offense enjoy physical things prefer small groups to large crowds prefer to "do" rather than talk about doing tend toward a strong physique are attracted to metals prefer the woods or the mountains to the sea or the countryside Favorable on this day is preparation, as opposed to use, of amulets and protective charms. A person's tutelary orisha (also called a head orisha, guardian orisha or guardian angel) is the orisha that claims a person's head. Once you discover who your head Orisha is, you may be able to see how the spirit has manifested in your experience. Depending upon the circumstances, as many as nine are offered at one time. June 2012, An altar for Ochn prepared by one of her children, In Santera, people who've been fully initiated into the religion refer to themselves as the son (, Don't believe everything that people tell you.
Loch Venachar Boat Hire, Cracker Barrel Tartar Sauce Secret Recipe, Articles H