8 mo. So if your laser is dying, and it cant see anything, it wont spin the disc. Click "OK" and the ISO program will begin copying . Poll: Six Years On, Which Was Nintendo Switch's Best Year Join 1,382,380 people following Nintendo Life: 2023 Hookshot Media, partner of ReedPop. The Gamecube is a home video game console which is developed by Nintendo in Japan and North America in 2001. Wipe the solution onto the scratched disc in a circular motion. I'd recommend buying a freeloader, which lets you play games from any region. If you know you are inserting the Game Disc correctly, but are still have problems with only one game (or if you only have one game), try cleaning the Game Disc by following the disc cleaning . Got it home let it sit for about 8 hours after I came home from work I tried to play and it would not read any disc. My near-launch Wii's DVD drive has always been kind of crappy since I bought it. Here we list some methods to fix it. Insert a blank mini-DVD to begin the burning process. Any suggestion is really appreciated, thanks in advance, Scan this QR code to download the app now. I tried a bunch of different discs, gently brushing the laser, etc. However, scratches on the bottom are repairable by polishing. Tested it and it worked fine. Here is where i come to you people, any idea of what else could be causing me this much problems? The game boy player is pretty much the only purpose for the game cubes existence now (IMO) and even then theres new development for modding a GBA to have an HDMI output. The laser should have moved during the attempt to read the disc. Any help appreciated ,Amazon.com . I used the guide from iFixIt.com for how to disassemble the GameCube. The disk is clean. Dampen a small area of the cloth. The laser lens is located in the back, and is mounted along a track. Putting it in the fridge for half hour is a home remedy. Open the lid and detach the clips under the lid to release the circular plastic Nintendo-branded thing that sits on top of the lid: this will allow you to watch the disc spinning while the 'Cube is running, even with the lid closed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise, adjusting the potentiometer requires a multimeter and the right screwdriver but it's not hard. Getting youyr Gamecube repaired by Nintendo is $50.00 minimum. The GameCube has two models: the DOL-001 revision, and the DOL-101 revision. Disc Repair machines like the ones listed below will do the task for you. Please read the nintendo GameCube instruction booklet for more information". 1-1. Could it be a problem with the laser on the gamecube or something else? Any scratched discs is going to make a pickup work harder, shortening its life. I did the same maybe a decade ago when spare parts seemed quite expensive and I didn't think to Google everything that was going wrong with my electronics. Find a soft, clean cloth. Select "Read to ISO" and name your backup according to whatever game you are copying. Options. I havent touched my gamecube in forever (maybe like 4-5 years since Ive touched it). Flip the GameCube upside down. First id make sure the mechanism still functioning. Ok guys, I bought a gamecube last week. Might be a good idea to get them polished. If your console is placed horizontally, the disc label will face upwards. But when I launched the game from the directory, (I set it to my flashdrive) I get a black dolphin screen that says "Dolphin DSD video Backend", and a warning message that says "The disc could not be read at." (I tried re-ripping the game, but nothing changed. If you happen to have an old Wii, you can try playing it on there. // Perrysburg City Council Election, Holly Springs High School Yearbook, What Does Luffy Say When He Punches, Articles H