This feature not only allows for an effortless action with the off hand, but it can also be used to charge the slide against a surface, such as a table edge or tire. Rating: 20%. A charging support system, developed and patented by Heckler & Koch, is located at the rear of the slide, just below the rear sights. Umarex HK VP9 GBB Airsoft Pistol - Black (by VFC) Out of Stock SA3-VP9-BK02. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. If you have to do some maintenance, then you can be sure it will not take long to be done. The mild recoil impulse and easy-to-use controlsaside from the paddle mag release, which you may or may not likequalify it to be a particularly good 9mm to train new shooters. These plates are machined, not stamped, says Dermody. The side panels and backstrap can be mixed and matched and are very easy to swap in and out. You do not have to pay a lot of money to access its amazing features. It doesnt just feel great. The SCAR 15P is chambered for 5.56 NATO and, with its 7.5-inch barrel, is the most compact SCAR to date. The HK VP9 (M700009-A5) is also offered in a night shooting package, the HK VP9-LE (M700009LE-A5). You could be a newbie or a veteran and still enjoy the ease of use for such type of handgun. If the gun is in a holster, it isn't going to go bang until you pull the trigger as it should. Drawing, presenting and firing the pistol hundreds of times resulted in no malfunctions, no sore spots on our hands and minimal slide wear. The best part about using this handgun should be the grip customization options. This model has a similar frame as the HK P30. It represents a very acceptable carry-gun.. Following the premiere, we spent time on the shooting range using Crimson Trace lasers on pistols, and those lasers were attached to a new striker-fired pistol from HK, the VP9. Law enforcement personnel considering the VP9 B as a duty pistol will likely notice the factory rear sight is ramped. Thetouchpoints weve emphasized on the VP that may actually help you improve on the range as well. Its obvious that HK engineers anticipated the gun might get rough-housed a little. It is in low light conditions that they work best. It is possible that you can now change the grips and also the side panels. Ultra reliable electronics. Scott Rupp and Richard Nance correct some common shooting advice. My SW MP2 and Canik Executive are both button mag release models.Being left handed, Changing them to the wrong side is about the first thing I do. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. With the VP9 having won Guns & Ammos 2016 Handgun of the Year award, our staff didnt anticipate disappointment with the new VP9 B model. So yes, it is 'just another striker fired 9mm pistol' on the market. We've see a number of H&K's Glock-like VP9 Pistols in Defensive Pistol Classes recently. Ill get all my German sentences in a row, lol and ask the question about WHY they took one of the most loved differences between their units and other manufacturers mag releases. Lets shut them up, well makeem use their thumb instead of the genius placed ambidextrous and trigger finger operated tab style that is the fastest by far if you want that mag out on the last round in competitions ergo (simply letting your index slide off the trigger in the rear position and it will hit the mag release lighting fast (of COURSE no change in your grip like the button type can and do cause) and if THAT is a problem (releasing the mag in one motion) because ??? I was certain a competition model would follow. On the overall, you should find that these sights work quite well to give you the performance you have always wanted. (and also because HKs have always had the PADDLE safeties which were by design, ambidextrous. Ya cant use the thumb button mag release very well with those installed unless it comes with time and practice but I already switched out the button to a Valquartsen extended paddle in the same hole which while isnt the same, helps a lot. Price: $825.00. Additionally, HK claims the VP9L ORs polygonal barrel offers an uptick in velocities, and thats precisely what I saw. Chambered for 9mm Luger the VP9-B has a standard capacity of 15+1 rounds and lots of magazine extension options on the aftermarket. A favored weapon by Law Enforcement. This pistol comes with the paddle-style release type. To law enforcement and select members of the Special Operations community, the brand Heckler & Koch (HK) evokes thoughts of special weapons and tactics, the pinnacle of small-arm design used by those entities. Once all the energy has been given off, you will notice that they appear white. During daylight, they will absorb the energy and look white as if functionless. Subscriber Services. If they havent been exposed to light, theyre pretty useless in the dark. Well, some people might not like them, but they do sure make a difference when used. I have a rear and forward (2 thumb rests) and they are a great help in steadiness etc. Adapter plates are sold separately and are available from the HK web store. I do enjoy the language involved in your articles and like how youve always been in control with the adjectives and saying the same damn thing over and over like a detent pin is something to talk about because of its multiple sides and was invented by John spring across the room Doe. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield Plus Micro-Compact with Thumb Safety 9mm Pistol $ 399.99. Standard Dealers have not yet agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. It also comes with wide base pads that are combined with indentations. Again, this is about preference as it varies from one person to another. The VP9L OR is ostensibly designed as a competition gun, and it will perform well in USPSA Production and Carry Optics and other classes, but its more than simply a comp pistol. Tear me apart, call me out on inconsistencies, etc. Yeah, I think it was just a mistake because he was speaking of the mag release being moved and made as a button but only on the right side Then he talks about moving the safety. The interchangeable side panels mean that you can customize the entire grip surface, or just a single side. During the 1960s, Heckler & Koch perfected the famous polygonal profile barrel technology. The HK VP9 has the trigger safety latch and firing pin block you would expect from a striker-fired pistol, but the Heckler & Koch engineers went two steps further. Though no one hardly EVER talks about the INSIDES of guns. because when they came out, they were pioneers of these things and there werent stores laden with lasers/lights etc for specifically sized rails on the front of guns. Mar 2, 2018 (Edited) MasonGui said: I see no use of manual safety on a streaker Fire handguns. So yeah, HK made theirs fit THEIR parts, their lights, their lasers. Share your e-mail with us to receive regular sales, offers, and promotions. They will give you the extra space for you to grab when racking the handgun. With such reliability, you will always feel that it is worth the money spent on it. Got is all, my health, my girl, and a few rifles and pistols that we enjoy time to time. Premium Concealed Carry Holsters IWB Holsters OWB Holsters Revolver Accessories Instructions About Blog FAQ's Contact Us 0 IWB Holsters OWB Holsters Revolver Accessories Instructions About Blog FAQ's Contact Us What are you looking for? The magazine has quite an interesting construction. Single action/no safety is all the rage these days. Controls on this pistol are pretty standard for a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol with one notable exception: the magazine release. Unfortunately, we had to consult HKs website for a video that demonstrated how easy it is after learning that the VP9 B owners manual is the same literature as the original VP9s. Thats it, Im getting on Google and turning on the google voice that converts language and calling the German location tomorrow in an effort to speak to them in their native tongue to show that Im not a stuck up Westerner whos demands made them reconsider and change a perfectly made gun. I mean, the Vp9 is the VP9, is the Wait The mag release paddle is now a button just like all the Johnsons, the Millers, the blah blahs, etc. Im meaning your time against yourself, once youve done it a few times. You will not need to swap any parts just to use the gun in a certain way. You will also feel that the gun is well balanced. Well, after a long time, the company dropped the VP9 model. There is no doubt that the gun could be great for people who are either right handed or left handed. There are other notable features on the VP9 that have made their way into the long-slide version. HK's VP9 pistol is one of the most popular full-sized firearms on the market today. At press time there were three plates in stock: Meopta Meo Sight III, EOTech MRDS and Noblex Sight 3; Trijicon RMR and Holosun; and C-More STS2. It will take you less time to swap them and get back to the shooting activities. Materials include proprietary HK steel for barrel, slide, springs, pins, and internal components. Lockup between the slide and barrel is tight, and the crisp, clean, single-action feel of the trigger enabled offhand hits on an 8-inch target consistently at 50 yards. He loves writing and sharing his extensive knowledge of firearms, especially AR rifles and tactical equipment. If you buy a product from us and decide to return it, well take it back at any time with very few exceptions. Backstraps are labeled small, medium and large, as are the side panels. For many people, the use of the magazine has never been a problem to them. I clearly remember the first time I fired the HK VP9. The metal on the inside looks as good as what youll find on the outside, and its clear that part of the reason HKs cost more than comparative striker guns is the attention to detail. It might be something you see in the Glock, but HK started the trend with the P9 model. with an empty magazine. You go through several hundreds of rounds without the need to actually take it apart for maintenance. Safety is paramount, particularly for a concealed carry pistol. The VP9L ORs O-ring design helps properly align the barrel and slide after each shot, which in turn leads to improved barrel/slide consistency and better accuracy than youll get out of most recoil-operated semiautos. Plates are sold through the companys website and cost $29 each. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. The VP9L OR factory pistol is here, and its optics ready. German pistol manufacturers favor paddle-style releases mounted on the rear bottom portion of the trigger guard, and one of the primary reasons is that police pistols in Germany must not allow the magazine to be removed when the gun is holstered. Richard Nance shows off this easy to carry flashlight from Streamlight. There are several notable features. Just a heads up, check out the pawn shops once in a while. Brownells Featured Dealers have agreed to perform FFL transfers on guns purchased online from Brownells. The same goes if you need to switch some parts. Take-up is smooth and even, and the break is remarkably consistent and predictable. The VP9 trigger action needs some time to learn more about it. The striker-fired VP9L OR uses the same recoil-operated design as the standard VP9, and both guns use a captive flat-wire recoil spring. Receive a $10 Sportsman's Warehouse Gift Card for every $100 spent on Sig Sauer. For those who dont want to add an optic, the VP9L comes with iron sights, either tritium night sights or a black rear/luminescent front sight. This system can support up to 5.6 ounces of accessories without impact on shooting performance. The VP9L OR is mechanically similar to the five-inch VP9 that shooters have come to love. The sights on the handgun makes it easy to pick up and align the target for you to start shooting. Optic Ready Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0, Boyfriend Loophole is the Target in Latest Gun Control. In addition to the interchangeable grips HK pistols also offer sensible, functional texturing, a proper grip angle and well-positioned finger panels that offer enough latitude to accommodate hands of various sizes. The aim was to make it easy for you to use it. The fact that the rail on the Mark 23 and USPs being different in size and not being able to accommodate all the aftermarket lights and lasersWhy? <p>Umarex already has an airsoft version of the brand-new Heckler & Koch VP9 - with numerous details and modification options. You will note that this one comes with a cold hammer forged barrel accompanied with polygonal rifling. H&K VP9-B 4.1" 9mm Pistol With Push Button Magazine Release - 81000285 . WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. All Local Sales are FREE! Shipped in a plastic clamshell case, VP9 pistols only come with two magazines, which is surprising given that many brands offering similar-purpose pistols include three. The takedown lever acts as a disassembly safety when fieldstripping the VP9 B. Also, the extraction port has been enlarged, not only to provide greater reliability but also to function as an easy-to-verify loaded chamber indicator. Caleb Giddings, Marketing Manager at Taurus, introduces the all-new TaurusTX 22 Compact. That would drive cost up considerably, and odds are most shooters will need only one of the six plates. He meant mag release because thats the first subject ergo that despite it being right handed you can easily switch it to the other side. At its widest point, the VP9L OR measures 1.3 inches. I think I really just have been hearing about HK and their wavy past with the U.S. compared to their total market where they are much more popular such as in their tactical rifles AND the USPs and newer pistols made today. Today, HK remains a technology leader in the use of innovative and high-strength polyamides. Suggested retail price for the VP9L with black/luminescent sights is set at $899, and the version with night sights carries a suggested retail price of $999. Despite the high-bore axis high as compared to other striker fired guns, such as a Glock or CZ P-10 series the VP9 B was comfortable, fast, and flat shooting. I had different intentions when I started writing this. Delivery date may change with additions to cart. This system, developed by Hecker & Koch, overcomes the inherent problem with standard round groove-and-land bores, which allow propellant gasses to escape around the projectile; the H&K polygon bore traps more of the gasses and increases velocity. Here is what handgun hunters can expect from this big-bore X-Frame revolver. The HK VP9 polygonal barrel is 4.1 inches long and has six grooves with a 1 in 9.8-inch right-hand twist. Not Available Dealers are dealers Brownells cannot ship guns to at this time. The original VP9 showcased an ambidextrous paddle-style magazine release by the triggerguard, repulsive to all but the most die-hard HK fans. Joe Kurtenbach and Caleb Giddings also look at the first-ever optics-ready carry revolvers with the new Taurus 605 and 856 T.O.R.O. If there is anything in your cart, it will not be brought over to the old site. Ruger LCP Max .380 Auto High-Capacity Compact Pistol: Full Review, Buying a Suppressor Is Easier Than You Think, SIG Sauer P365 XL Pistol Holster Fitment: DeSantis Gunhide Uni-Tuk, Nighthawk Custom VIP (Very Impressive Pistol) .45 ACP 1911, SCCY DVG-1 RD Striker-Fired 9mm Pistol Includes a Red-Dot Sight, Weak-Hand Shooting Skills Drills: Learning To Shoot With Your Non-Dominant Hand, Springfield Armory Emissary .45 ACP 1911 Handgun: Review, Smith & Wesson Model 350 Hunting Revolver In .350 Legend, First Look: Federal .30 Super Carry Pistol Cartridge. The red mark is not very visible, especially after being shot and not cleaned, but it is always tactile. Built like a German watch, it exudes quality. Two flat steel tabs provide an easy-to-grip surface when charging the slide to chamber a round. It comes named Volkspistole which when translated means Peoples Pistol. A polygonal barrel will normally outlast a conventional lands-and-grooves barrel by thousands of rounds. PPQs trigger action is always short and crisp. Absent of traditional lands-and-grooves, the polygonal bore profile improves service life and is purported to increase muzzle velocity. This handgun immediately took the attention of many gun lovers. Day or night, knowing your firearms condition is important, so we appreciate this feature. Changing the backstraps and panels on any VP9 requires only a roll-pin punch to remove the pin. You should have enough ammo to shoot your target with ease always. When you check it on the surface, you might not even know what the fuss is all about. Like Thomas Paine, hes a journalist by profession and a propagandist by inclination. You are in luck if you want to buy this handgun as it comes with three-dot luminescent sights. Not being sarcastic here. So my question.. Do these new VP9B take the same magazine as the standard VP9? What about thumb rests in competition? Customization is also carried to pistol accessories. Bad bad HK for kissing our Western arses and doing that (so it is said in the title) and then putting the gun back out on the shelves in basically the same way it was before. The new big bore pistols feature industry-first capacity, with a standard 15-round capacity and 22+1 rounds of 10mm or 18+1 rounds of .45 ACP from the extended magazines. It looks just like any other regular handgun. A good grip ensures you have enough control of the weapon. Taurus Marketing Manager Caleb Giddings highlights the features of the new Taurus Raging Hunter 460 Magnum, a purpose-built revolver with a 10.5-inch barrel and an effective recoil-taming brake, with Guns & Ammo Executive Editor Joe Kurtenbach. Consider some Walther pistols, for example. its one of the many things that sets HK apart from the pack. You can always recover from it fast. Until this years introduction of the Steyr L9A2, the VP9 series was the only striker-fired pistol offering this level of grip alteration. I like the V1 and thats what i use to carry (sk model) when re-holstering i just use my thumb to cover the hammer to help protect against AD. What this means is that the sights will glow in the dark. Give a Gift The accessories include small, medium, and large back straps, an owners manual, fired case, side panels, decal, and HK gun lock. so, Hk. Thats what you do when you bring something to market and have nothing to compare it to and find out later that the Picatinny rail is sized different and you accommodate by making a part to add on for use with all the newer parts that these guns are now made to fit. Ben Voss FN Product Manager talks about the new FN SCAR 15P ultra-compact rifle-caliber pistol at SHOT Show 2023. sights will work just like any other white dots, Top 10 Best Revolvers for Concealed Carry in 2023, Best 1911 Pistols for the Money to Use for Every Day Carry, Top 6 Best Concealed Carry (CCW) Guns Under $400 To Buy In 2023 Reviews, Best Budget Guns For New Shooters Top Review Of 2023, Top 6 Best Bullpup Rifles and Shotguns in 2023 Reviews, The Best Single Stack Subcompact 9mm Pistols in 2023, Best Home Defense Tactical Shotguns Under $500, Best 10mm Handguns for Hunting and Self Defense, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield vs Springfield XD-S, Palmetto State Armory (PSA) AR-10 Gen 3 (.308) Review, Savage Arms 12 FV Bolt-Action Varmint Rifles Review, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield M2.0 vs Sig Sauer P938, Sig Sauer P320 Compact vs Glock 19 Gen 4 Comparison. Sensible as that is, American shooters dont seem inclined to drop their allegiance to the more familiar push-button style mag release. G&As accuracy results were generally impressive. HK is looking for honorable mentioning with such a minor change to a well-respected gun or that it isnt seeing the level of sales it would like having spent the time to make another piece of art only to share the field with so many room temperature IQd creations so to speak? How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information, Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. There is the laser cut foam in the case. It comes with what the manufacturer calls as a zipper assembly. The profile of the tabs is low, to avoid interference with the operation of the handgun. Several of the test groups went 1.5 inches or better, with the two best groups measuring 1.22 and 1.32 inches. It also has a slightly longer trigger guard than the P30 to allow more room for a gloved finger. I am mostly trying to say that with an open mind and no bias, I took the Pepsi challenge (the change to using the other way and it was so much better it couldnt believe it could be a preference any longer and thats why the USP is now my comp gun besides the love for it. Again practice or just TRY using the shooting index finger on this platform (the paddle style ambidextrous mag release) where you simply (because it IS simple to do, but requires practice to get out of the normal realm and to speeds much faster than the button style method (my opinion). GOTTA CHECK THE TIME DIFFERENCE FIRST. GUARANTEED. 81000285. Having the ability to adapt to the shooter is key, says Bill Dermody, HK-USAs marketing director. You can see that people will always find this model being highly versatile. Whats more, the slide locked back on the last shot each time, which doesnt happen with a lot of new gunseven ones costing more than the VP9L OR. Click for Details. The fore-edge of the grip has molded finger grooves to give the shooter an instinctive position for a stable hold for accurate shooting. Also worth mentioning if you ever go with a VP9 down the road, the P30 and VP9 use the same magazines. Fantastically accurate and the best trigger pull (4.6 lbs) of all the other guns on the market!! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It is definitely NOT you but your write up did spur the question of WHAT THE HECK IS THE VP9 BEING TALKED ABOUT LIKE ITS THE LATEST KID ON THE BLOCK WHEN ITS ONLY GOT A BUTTON NOW? The frame has both interchangeable side panels as well as a backstrap system for total customization of the grip shape. In any firearm, especially a handgun, the many touchpoints between theshooter and the firearm are critical to consistent, repeatable, performance. With a length of 7.34" and a slide width of 1.32", a 4.1" barrel and a weight (with empty magazine) of 25.56 ounces, the HK VP9 is small enough and light enough for concealed carry, but just as capable for law enforcement and military use. There is no doubt you will now rethink about your opinions about the gun. With its reversible magazine release and a slide lock/release lever accessible on both sides of the gun for easy manipulations, the VP9 B is an ambidextrous pistol suitable for all shooters, right or left handed. He lives in Kansas with his wife Shirley and the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan. Best-in-class trigger The VP trigger surpasses those found on competitors. This is true even for inserting the last bullet. Conveniently, the rotation of the takedown lever decocks the pistol, and the slide slips right off the frame. FOREVER. Norman is very proud of his service, and the time he spent in the Marine Corps and does not dwell on his injuries or anything negative in his life. Required fields are marked *. Its far more manageable than some really light, short-barreled 9mms. Its no surprise, then, that the VP9L OR ran smoothly with all five loads tested. Umarex HK VP9 GBB Airsoft Pistol - Black (Deluxe Version) (by VFC) SA3-VP9-BK22. Conventional lands-and-grooves rifling allow propellant gasses to escape around the front of the bullet as it is fired from the barrel muzzle. A radical new material used on the P9S pistol in the late 1960s, advanced polymers were soon used as major components and assemblies on a variety of HK products including the receivers of MP5s in the 1960s. That VP9 was one of the most refined, well-rounded pistols Id shot. Whats the prerogative? HK polymer molding technology led to the introduction of another synthetic framed HK handgun, the futuristic-looking VP70. Made from DuPont Zytel polymer pistol material. The comprehensive manual will always guide you. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. One of the best pieces of advice I received as a competitive shooter was if you want to be as good as you can be, you need a gun that tests your limits, not the other way around. Heckler & Koch has adapted their very popular VP9 pistol directly for the American market with the new VP9-B.
Santa Cruz Suspension Calculator, Cody Wilkerson Texas, Jordyn Jones And Jordan Beau, Articles H