She was thenpainted with GF Lamp Black on the body. General Finishes EF High Performance Polyurethane Top Coat-Satin Storein original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated areas. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Urethane Topcoat-Gloss | Rockler Treat gently until the paint or topcoat have fully cured. Using the Rockler Woodworking and Hardware box joint router jig to make the box joints and also using hinges from Rockler. Spray a second wet coat and dry for 2 hours. Remove dustwith a water-dampened cloth. Read more about this dresser by going to Suzanne's blog post athttp://bit.ly/2vtjMrC. General Finishes Oil Based Gel Topcoat, 1 Quart, Satin Large surfaces such as cabinets or tables and complex projects with lots of detail are easier to cover with a liquid topcoat rather than a GEL SATINtopcoat. General Finishes High Performance Water-based Top Coat Satin, Gallon Item #88915. Either stir and decant what you need to use immediately or stir frequently throughout the application process. Decrement Qty. All NEW Liquid Oil Wood Stain color in Flint. Arm-R-Seal Urethane Topcoat | General Finishes Decant what you will use into a bowl, paper cup, or plate, and close can lid as you work. Website Catalog After these surfaces were good and dry (I usually wait at least "The wood is brich. Add Bloxygen toremove excess oxygen from your can of finish before sealing. As with all fine furniture finishes, avoid usingfurniture polish, cleaners or dusting sprays that contain silicone, alcohol, ammonia and anything acidic. Use only with adequate ventilation. Wash thoroughly after handling. The pulls are original solid brass. Qty. Black Pepper Chalk Style Paint for the base and Antique Walnut Gel Stain for the new wood planks on top. The Best Water-Based Polyurethanes for Floors of 2023 - Bob Vila Hello soft and natural wood tones. Its high-quality resins form a durable film with an amber tone that deepens with age. If you are interested in learning more about GF's Seal-A-Cell, click here: http://bit.ly/1Ck1Hxv, able Details: Never use any water-based topcoat with long oils such as Danish, Tung or Linseed. The body is hand painted in General Finishes Black Pepper Chalk Style Paint and sealed with Annie Sloan black wax. Now the puzzles all have a home." It was sealed with our favorite topcoat, GF High Performance water based Topcoat in Satin. All pieces were sanded down to natural wood, stained with General Finishes "This beautiful scalloped dresser has been given new life with General Finishes Antique White and Persian Blue Milk Paint. I could never get ahold of the seller so I gave up. Need some inspiration? Protect your workspace with a tarp, your hands with gloves, and your clothes with an apron. Be sure to apply liberally with a foam brush or roller, letting the product self-level a bit. Sealed with General Finishes Gel Topcoat." Inlayng TURQUOISE and COPPER in the natural cracks and voidsis the last thing I do before putting the final sanding touches on. I gave this finish a big ol Thumbs Up and so should you!!". Future finishes or touch-ups may not adhere properly or perform as desired over a contaminated surface. Test for adhesion when applying over a sealed surface. Pry open sealed lids with a paint can opener by hooking under the lid's rolled edge. Menu. This old, outdated mid century piece came into the shop last month in desperate need of a facelift. This project however was not without it's trials and tribulations. Top was stained in General Finishes Flint Liquid Oil Stain which I think compliments the paint color perfectly!" Remove streaks that occur by buffing with 0000 steel woolor a fine-grade (220-320) foam sanding pad. To accelerate dry time in humid conditions, work in a space with good ventilation and air movement. Buffing | General Finishes University You can tell if an oil-based finish is dry if it is no longer tacky, cool to the touch, and if you can press a cotton ball over the surface and nothing sticks. I painted the the frame with Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in 'Curio' & the inside, top, backsplash, drawer fronts & side slats got a good soaking of tinted Hemp Oil. Spray a wet coat of General Finishes Enduro-Var Gloss and dry for 2 hours. This piece was entered into the Woodworking category of the 2016 GF Design Challenge Contest and won 3rd place. marine plywood). If in doubt, wait longer.Increase dry time if: Cure Time Before Use I wanted to keep it more original & not cover it completely with paint.". If not breathing, if breathing is irregular, or if respiratory arrest occurs, trained personnel should provide artificial respiration or oxygen. Doesnt she exhibit natural beauty and warmth? America's leading manufacturer of innovative water-based finishes. SKIN CONTACT Flush skin with water. It turned out so beautiful, I had to keep it for myself! This item: General Finishes Oil Based Gel Topcoat, 1 Gallon, Satin $99.95 ($0.78/Fl Oz) General Finishes Oil Base Gel Stain, 1 Gallon, Java $120.00 ($0.94/Fl Oz) Bates Foam Paint Brushes, 16 Pack, 2 Inch, Sponge Brushes, Sponge Paint Brush $6.95 ($0.43/Count) conversion varnish satin armor seal satin enduro clear poly satin enduro clear poly I used General Finishes Antique Walnut Gel Stain for the drawers and sealed with the Gel Topcoat. No question this is a beautiful buffet. Try wiping the wood with alcohol or acetone to dry the oils before coating. The favorite of all gel topcoats, the heavy-duty oil-and-urethane base produces a beautiful, hand-rubbed look Oil Based Wood Salad Bowl Finish Wood Bowl Finish is a durable, oil-and-urethane oil-based finish designed for use on decorative wooden bowls, salad bowls and turnings Need to match something specific? Tips to ensure your Arm-R-Seal remains in great working condition: GF has two products that would work well. Gel Satin Topcoat has a thickconsistency, so there are no drips, or runs. Future finishes or touch-ups may not adhere properly or perform as desired over a contaminated surface. Containers that have been opened must be carefully resealed and kept upright to prevent leakage. The following best practices will increase the life of your product: Cure First This technique may help but does not work all of the time - each piece of wood is different. Our finishes are engineered as a system and are compatible with each other. The following best practices will increase the life of your product: Cure First We recommend using coasters to protect your wood from water condensation and pot holders to protect from heat. WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. Ready for poly. This one was chosen out of our current inventory and customised withGeneral Finishes Antique White Milk Paint. Find your favorite GF products at Rockler, Klingspor, Amazon, orWood Essence and Lee Valley in Canada. When working with a satin sheen, apply a liberal amount of product, and avoid pressure and back-brushing. Oil-based finishes cure and harden completely after 30 days. Larry used Spiced Walnut Oil-Based Wood Stain and sealed this beauty with High Performance Top Coat in Satin. She brought the wood back to IL and began searching for someone to turn it into a dining set. *Why Does My Oil Finish Have a Haze When Applying Arm-R-Seal Over a Linseed Oil Based Stain? The resin systems for General Finishes Exterior 450 Topcoat and Milk Paint are the same. Dust can build up over time and may scratch or dull finishes if not removed regularly. It depends on the type of use you plan for your butcher-block top and the look you want. You can lightly buff with 0000 steel wool and General Finishes Orange Oil Furniture Polish - nothing too aggressive. General Finishes will not be responsible for color satisfaction, misapplication, nor compatibility with other manufacturers' products. INGESTION Call physician immediately. General Finishes - Arm-R-Seal Varnish - Solvent Based - Semi-Gloss - Quart - Upcycling by Amy, "This drop leaf table has such a cool look to it, I knew it deserved a second chance at life but just needed some chairs to go with it! 1. She wanted a dark base and light painted top. DeDe says, " I love the final results and I am now a HUGE fan of General Finishes products. " - Lily Pond, "Love the way this piece turned out! Product in the chime canbe minimized by using a pouring lid, such as Fitsall. Storein original container protected from direct sunlight in a dry, cool and well-ventilated areas. See our video: Tips for Storing Leftover Finishes *How Can I Reduce the Sheen of an Oil-Based Topcoat? INHALATION: Move to fresh air and loosen clothing. I love the way it turned out! Ash coffee table stained with General Finishesoil based Honey Maple stain and finished with their high performance water based topcoat. General Finishes: Rust-Oleum Parks: Rust-Oleum Parks: Rust-Oleum Parks: Name: 1 gal. *How Do I Reduce the Sheen of an Oil Based Topcoat? General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Urethane Top Coat, Gloss Rating: (101) Starting At: $2199 Add to Cart Bloxygen Gas for Preserving Unused Finishing Materials Rating: (53) $1399 Add to Cart General Finishes Orange Oil Rating: (25) $2099 Add to Cart General Finishes Gel Stain, Antique Walnut Rating: (75) Starting At: $2199 Add to Cart Here are General Finishes recommended dry times for applying multiple coats of Gel Stain and Gel Topcoatover an existing finish. INHALATION Move to fresh air. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not store in unlabeled containers. Meet with General Finishes Reps Sara, . The base of the table was painted my favorite black, General Finishes Lamp Black, and sealed for ultra durability." Frame painted in GF Milk Paint in driftwood. Do not apply over light or white finishes as this is an oil-based finish, which is amber in color upon application and will deepen over time. I've chosen black and dark shades of greys as a canvas for sparkling copper accents. Disposal For non-professional finishers, we recommend using General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Topcoat. Milk Paint is durable as a stand-alone finish on low to medium-wear surfaces. They penetrate to provide deep down protection and that natural look. Clear Semi-Gloss Oil-Based Polyurethane for Floors: Pro Finisher 5 gal. See our video: How to Prep Sand Raw Wood. Superior to sealers and paint, it is the ultimate protection for exterior and interior structures that experience high traffic. Add Bloxygen can. WARNING: Incompatible Products Shellac Linseed Oils Oil-basedproductsstart to harden and cure when exposed to oxygen. Storethe can upside down to create a liquid seal, minimizing oxygen exposure from within the can. Black Gel Stain, Gel Top Coat and a little gold gilding wax were great choices for this piece. These ended up looking great and I am exciited to see them up in their new spot! "I must say the transformation of our den has been wonderful with the addition of the hand hewn beam. Arm-R-Seal can be sprayed successfully, but we prefer hand application methods because it is very easy to spray too much in one area. Contamination and Compatibility Spills must be wiped up in a timely manner. The top and aprons are natural cherry. Use over raw wood or dark paints. - Kristin Forbes Finish is everything. Painted with General Finishes Milk Paint in Ballet Pink and tabletop stained with General Finishes oil based stain in Antique Cherry, this set is ready for some major pretend play sessions! Clean up application materials and hands with mineral spirits orwaterless hand cleaner, like Goop or Gojo. The table and two captain chairs have been refinished in all GF products and transformed into a very chic and rustic Dining set!" - Rehab to Fab. The larger the surface the larger the applicator needed. General Finishes High Performance Water-based Top Coat Satin, Quart Item #82321. Need some inspiration? Linseed oil stains take a LONG time to dry. - Dianne Hunter. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat Application Steps. Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat Product Overview - General Finishes Recommended Topics Business Planning 3 Videos Updating Cabinets 7 Videos 2 FAQs Water Based Paints 12 Videos 12 FAQs Water Based Stains 14 Videos 8 FAQs Finished with General Finishes Seal-A-Cell and Arm-R-Seal products." All Events At General Finishes University Even though General Finishes Gel Topcoat is thick, be sure to stir it well to reincorporate solids that have settled to the bottom of the can. Additional coats will not improve durability. It is essential to let the oil finish dry longer. No more than 3 coats is recommended. More, America's Leading Manufacturer of Innovative Water-Based Wood Finishes, Oil Based Urethane Gel & Liquid Wipe-on Top Coats, COMPARE Paints, Glazes & Pigmented Topcoats, COMPARE Primers, Sanding Sealers & Undercoats, Water Based Finishes & Coatings For Professional, Industrial & OEM Use, Water Based Pigmented Top Coats, Paints, Glazes & Enamel, Water Based Sanding Sealers, Wood Primers, and Undercoats, Professional Water Based Wood Stains & Dye Stains, Enduro Ready to Match (RTM) Water Based Stain, Exterior Water-Based Wood Stains, Top Coats & Deck Oil, Water Based Extenders, Accelerators & Brush and Gun Cleaner, Fill Sticks -NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Touch Up Markers - NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Water Based Paints and Glazes for Cabinets, Millwork and Furniture, Water Based Stain Blocking Primers, Undercoats, & Sanding Sealers, High Performance Water Based Polyurethane Topcoat, Water Based Wood Stains, Dye Stain and Pre-Conditioners, Oil Based Wipe-on Stains, Pre-stain Conditioners & Sealers, Fill Stick and Touch Up Marker Assortment Pack, 4 Reasons to Switch to Water-Based Wood Finishes, GF as Seen In Green Building & Design Magazine. The life of the product may be extended with proper care and storage. All stains must be sealed with top coat. "This beautiful bar is one of three Art Deco pieces that belonged to my clients grandparents. Use appropriate containment to avoid environmental contamination. I applied 3 coats of the Java to achieve this rich colour. This coffee table was just too beautiful to refinish, so Stephanie of Rehab to Fab used GF's Seal-a-Cell to highlight all it's beauty. Warm cherry stain barn doors. The second layer of top coat will replace the appearance of the first. Oil-basedproductsstart to harden and cure when exposed to oxygen. - Sage Furnishings. - Blue & White Living Home Decor, 2016 Design Challenge Entry - Professionals Upcycled Furniture If you intend to prep or chop food General Finishes Butcher Block Oil should be applied. Storage Tips I used copper leafs and some metallic paint to achieve the look. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Topcoat is a good choice. Adhesion failure is often more obvious in the deepest patterns of grain becausethe contamination is driven deep into the grain. We replaced the hardware, several of the original knobs were broken or completely missing, to a more modern champagne gold that turned out to be the perfect match for We absolutely love the transformation of our latest flip. The legs and end panels are curly maple, a couple of the little feet are oak, the side panels where the sweet, handmade hinges are are walnut and the inside side panels are mahogany. The veneer on topwas cracked and needed to be removed. Dry 12-24+ hours between coats when applying over raw or newly stained raw wood, and dry up 72+ hours between coats when working over asealed surface. Dry-time to touch is 8 hours. - Upcycling by Amy. The rest was sprayed with GF Queenstown Gray Milk Paint, accented with Winter White Glaze Effects and sealed with High Performance Topcoat in flat. It went on beautifully! Enduro Professional Topcoats are thinner and intended to be sprayed. Dry times based on ideal conditions:70F/21C; 50% humidity. WARNING: COMBUSTIBLE LIQUID AND VAPOR.HARMFUL IF INHALED. Rub down the finish with 0000 steel wool and, COMPARE Paints, Glazes & Pigmented Topcoats, COMPARE Primers, Sanding Sealers & Undercoats, Water Based Finishes & Coatings For Professional, Industrial & OEM Use, Water Based Pigmented Top Coats, Paints, Glazes & Enamel, Water Based Sanding Sealers, Wood Primers, and Undercoats, Professional Water Based Wood Stains & Dye Stains, Enduro Ready to Match (RTM) Water Based Stain, Exterior Water-Based Wood Stains, Top Coats & Deck Oil, Water Based Extenders, Accelerators & Brush and Gun Cleaner, Fill Sticks -NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Touch Up Markers - NEW Assortment Pack of 15 Color Groups, Water Based Paints and Glazes for Cabinets, Millwork and Furniture, Water Based Stain Blocking Primers, Undercoats, & Sanding Sealers, High Performance Water Based Polyurethane Topcoat, Water Based Wood Stains, Dye Stain and Pre-Conditioners, Oil Based Wipe-on Stains, Pre-stain Conditioners & Sealers, Oil Based Urethane Gel & Liquid Wipe-on Top Coats, Fill Stick and Touch Up Marker Assortment Pack, Step 2: How To Apply General Finishes Gel Topcoat, How to Apply Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat to Raw Wood, 4 Reasons to Switch to Water-Based Wood Finishes, GF as Seen In Green Building & Design Magazine, 12-24+ hr raw wood, 72+ hr existing finish until non-tacky. New Stained Surface: Do not sand. If oil-based finishes dry, they are difficult to clean off any surface, clothes or carpet. *Can An Oil Based Topcoat Such as Arm-R-Seal Be Thinned? *Can I Change the Sheen of the Topcoat? When applied too soon,Arm-R-Seal will likely preventthe linseed oil-based stain from gassing out and drying completely due to solvent entrapment, causing a haze. Scuff clean with a non-woven abrasive pad & 50:50 mix of denatured alcohol & water. Remember, every species of wood is different; every tree is unique and will have a varying effect on the finished result. Loving gel stain in Candlelite! Minwax PolyShades Wood Stain + Polyurethane Finish - Quart, Pecan, Gloss POLYSHADES WOOD STAIN - Minwax PolyShades is an oil-based wood stain and poly in one. Once I got to work, I discovered that the wood pattern beneath the old finish was so symmetrical it was almost uncanny, and exposing it gave the table a fresh, updated look. The bench base was painted in GF's Antique White Milk Paint and the top was stained with GF's Spiced Walnut Liquid Oil Based Wood Stain. I was so excited and snapped it up. It is formulated to be wiped on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush, thus . A liberal application will help you avoid streaks caused by back-brushing and pressure. The tree grew on their family farm and was milled by her father and her brother. Dents in the lid from direct contact with a hammer can impair a complete seal. Avoid heavy pressure & back-brushing. More, America's Leading Manufacturer of Innovative Water-Based Wood Finishes. Avoid wiping used brushes on the lid. The high oil content affects the drying process of the finish coats and Padauk has a very high oil content. Sand open grain wood with 120 grit sandpaper, followed by 150 grit, then 180 grit. Exception: We have successfully cleaned with Clorox wipes for occasional cleanups. Compatibility With Long Oils - Home Sweet Vintage Painted Furniture. "I had had my eye on this dresser for a few months. I absolutely love this color trend and think it suits this buffet perfectly! Follow with multiple coats of Arm-R-Seal Topcoat. ft. per quart. We recommend sealing GF's Liquid Oil Based Stains with Arm-R-Seal. The steel wool particles can become embedded into your project and rust. Gel Topcoat is available in Satin. *What Topcoat Should I Use on Padauk Wood? HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. Stir the wood finish thoroughly and often throughout use to reincorporate solids that have settled to the bottom of the can. Optionally, if you want a flatter sheen, put down 2 coats of semi-gloss, followed by satin. Thesecan damage furniture and finishes. Dan Deering completed this fantastic kitchen transformation just in time for his girlfriend to return home from Florida. Whatever your application method, apply 3 to 4 layers of topcoat. We gave this china cabinet a two-toned finish using General Finishes, Java Gel Stain and Persimmon. Carpet may discolor if cleaned with mineral spirits. Test for adherence and aesthetics before beginning. General Finishes recommends applying this water-based polyurethane at a temperature no greater than 70 degrees Fahrenheit and 50 percent humidity. The top was finished with Java Gel Stain and Gel Topcoat. General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Oil Based Topcoat, 1 Pint, Satin Can't get enough of the rich, dark tone of this table top! Satin Topcoat has been a long-time favorite finish of woodworkers, with a heavy-duty oil-and-urethanebase that produces a beautiful, hand-rubbed look. "I just love round coffee tables! She restored this piece using General Finishes Antique Walnut Gel Stain, Lamp Black Milk Paint, Gel Urethane Topcoat and High Performance Topcoat in Satin.
Mississippi State University Student Death 2021, Nicola Walker Son Harry Kay, Articles G