Adapters & Cables The OTR Reset Tool is specific to which model and engine you have. link to Considering Sexism in the Trucking Industry as a Woman. Just imagine how . My 2011 cascadia dd15 requires exhaust brake to be off as well as the cruise control to be off. ( Annoying cycling that will wake everyone), TRyna do a regen also on 2010 freightliner Cascada and it wont regen really need help, Its 7 degrees and last night it regen on its own while keeping the truck warm then about 60min the truck cut off and the yellow and red lights were on it started it back it then cut off .help me, cover the front grill and hold the regen button to start a regen. Press J to jump to the feed. The other product we carry that will perform a forced DPF regen is the OTR Reset Tool. Remember the tips provided in this document and you will help fleets and service bays operate more efficiently. By checking this box and clicking the "Send me job offers" button below, I represent that I: By checking this box and clicking the "Send me job offers" button below. Tell-tale symptoms of a successful (or unsuccessful) forced DPF regeneration. Check engine and engine light on as well as dpf flashing. * An UNNECESSARY REGEN indicates the vehicle was in a regen zone (0/1) where a forced regen is not recommended, ** A NECESSARY REGEN indicates the vehicle was in a regen zone (2-5) where a forced regen is recommended. One such issue that frequently pops up is the need to regen or clean out the diesel particulate filter. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Doing a visual sweep of the gauges and lights on a pre-trip can avoid an unwanted tow bill or worse yet . Moreover, you can replace engine related sensors over the road and just plug in the OTR Reset Tool to clear and reset the system. For these reasons, an unnecessary regen often leads to hours of avoidable downtime before the technician can attempt the next solution. In some truck, this process may be done by an oxidizing catalytic converter that should also be checked and cleaned as needed. You can do so for about 45 minutes or so, but ensure the light goes away. Upon opening the feature, users view a checklist of items to inspect visually. Passive Regeneration How To Know When Your Freightliner Needs Regeneration? The Enable REGEN box will be checked. There are plenty of instances where the DPF or other component of an aftertreatment system is triggering an active fault but a forced regen is not the answer. As we already know, a Cascadia will tend to do its regeneration if it is driven at a steady regular speed. If the fault code does come back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously. This means you or a mechanical technician needs to remove the DPF filter for manual cleaning. Technicians and fleet personnel must keep in mind they waste valuable time, money, and other resources when a forced regeneration occurs unnecessarily. 3 Years Often, a forced regeneration is a necessary action to either correct the issue at hand or get the vehicle out of limp mode long enough to get it to a service center. When regen is enabled, the ATS icon will no longer appear in the display. Why do you need to do a forced regen? Freightliner Cascadias need to have the soot cleared out of the diesel particulate filter to keep the engine running well and smoothly. Here are some steps to follow to complete the job. It takes about 40-45 minutes of highway speed driving to complete an active regen.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'donotdpfdelete_green-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_7',154,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-donotdpfdelete_green-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Passive regeneration occurs when the truck can maintain right exhaust temperatures so that the DPF can self-regenerate itself continuously. Read the entire description and do not assume a mention of the word Filter, DPF, SCR,or Aftertreatment means a forced regen is the solution. function toggleCheckboxDisplay() Forced regeneration is performed when a diagnostic scan tool starts the regeneration process. Looking to learn more? Here well discuss the three types of regeneration that can be performed and go into the specific details of how to conduct a parked regen of a Freightliner truck with a Detroit diesel engine.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'donotdpfdelete_green-box-4','ezslot_18',161,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-donotdpfdelete_green-box-4-0'); If youve thoroughly read our above information on identifying warning lamps, then you should know when parked regeneration is needed and when you can do fine with the active option. We created this site to be a helpful resource for others who are interested on any scale in the transportation industry! The forced Regen is the laptop/scanner/programmer telling the truck to do a Regen regardless of the button or if the truck wants to. Press ENTER. Cummins ISB, ISL, ISX and Paccar PX Engines, Detroit Diesel S60, DD13, DD15, DD16 Engines, International Maxxforce 11/13 N13 N9 N10 Engines, What are SA SPN FMI - Beginners guide to fault codes, OTR Diagnostics Closer Look - Advanced Fault Codes Explained. If your truck has reached the 500,000 miles or 800,000-kilometer interval and a check engine light illuminates on your trucks dashboard, then it may be telling you that manual ash must be removed from the DPF. Push the REGEN button on your dashboard and hold it for a moment. An easy way to check if your DPF needs regeneration and check the general health of your Freightliner is to use use a scanner/code reader. If you slow down and the turbo is surging, it's trying to keep heat in the aftertreatment system Incase you're going to resume highway speed again. The manual regen process can be done by the owner or by a mechanic. The regeneration will take 30 to 40 minutes. OTR Diagnostics allows you to perform a forced DPF regen with your mobile device. How does it work? Your truck can undergo the regen process properly while running, and will in fact, usually do so. Nowadays semi-trucks are plagued with fault codes, let OTRs OTR Reset Tool be your solution to a seemingly never-ending problem. Each company we work with has specific experience requirements for their drivers. How Much Is a Used DPF Worth? Active regeneration also occurs and happens best during highway driving speeds. [CDATA[ This light is telling you that parked regeneration is required and should be performed as soon as possible. How To Regen A Freightliner With Different Types of Regeneration: Active, Passive, Parked, 1. We equip you with the power to perform advanced diagnostics easier and faster than ever before while over the road. 12-06-2018, (Subject: 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue ) Post: #1. martinef1963 Established (10 Likes) Posts: 7 Joined: Feb 2017 : 2010 Cascadia DD15 REGEN Issue . function ShowFlash(FlashFile, FlashTitle) { open('../../Graphics/' + FlashFile, "", "resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,directory=no,status=no,menubar=no,copyhistory=no"); } Dane is a lifelong lover of semi-trucks and the trucking industry. No wrong question 2011 freightliner cascadia manual won't regen while driving keep getting low temp code but it will do a parked regen. For more information, please see our Had a trucker question me today and just wanted to make sure I was correct. The diagnostic scanner for your Freightliner enables you to perform forced DPF regeneration and diagnostics, read and erase the fault codes, graph live data, EVAP test, O2 sensor test, oil light reset, ABS testing and much more. It works on all Freightliner Trucks listed in the drop down box below. Job Listing Rules. Make 10 stops from 20 mph (32 km/h) using moderate (20 to 30 psi [138 to 207 kPa]) brake pressure. 2015 cascadia. Since EPAs emissions control technology regulations took effect on the production of diesel-powered engines, truck owners need to know how the process of regeneration works.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'donotdpfdelete_green-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',147,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-donotdpfdelete_green-medrectangle-3-0'); This article will explore the ways to identify when a regen is necessary, exactly how to regen a Freightliner, and additional information on after treatment systems. Once this happens I normally get a CEL, I get to a rest area, shut the engine off and the CEL disappears (NO CODES) 3. If I replace a DPF Differential Pressure sensor or NOx Sensor, do I need to perform a regeneration? forced regen cascadia forced regen cascadia forced regen cascadia https://crabbsattorneys.com/wp-content/themes/nichely3/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Crabbs . link to What Does It Take To Be A Successful Truck Driver Look Like. Example: 2013 Volvo D13 SPN 4094 FMI 1 SCR Conversion Efficiency low A forced regeneration is required to clear this fault code. Rawze Forum Reject (12226 Likes) Posts: 9,900 DPF issues are generally a sign that the ENGINE is not running right. The reason is, is that the ECU wants to see that a forced regeneration is performed in order to clear the codes. When the engine is under load, normally 40K+ the engine sounds like it is reving up, however, there is no power generated. Regenerations are essential functions for trucks and the environment. The contents of this website do not constitute legal advice and are not intended to be a substitute for legal advice, and should not be relied upon as such. WHEN REGENERATION IS . An active regen is basically the same conditions as above except for the emissions controller is actively dosing fuel into the exhaust to try an introduce more heat to burn off the hydrocarbons in the DPF. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); for (i=0; i Captain Morgan Orange Vanilla Twist Jello Shots, Power Bi Increase Space Between Bars, Articles F