Something is wrong in this country when the hard working middle class is getting stomped out from top to bottom. Then the phone calls started. I was just contacted by a representative for the Census Bureau at my home and asked to answer his questions. Nobody has ever been fined for refusing to cooperate with any Census request, even the 10 year short form. I ordered him to leave and he said he would have to go get the sheriff and return. You can find the ACS forms on the Census web site under ACS. Just perfect for making and uploading videos to YouTube and the news agencies. I demanded who he was for the third time and he said us census. They can't take my free will. LOL. All this and I live on an Army installation! This means that there is no class that can be joined or signed up for by any consumers who feel they may have been covered by the litigation. Smile. NO ONE EVER GETS IN TROUBLE for refusing to answer. Our government today is so far from the Founding Father's ideals - demonstrated by the nasty face we are seeing in these examples. It has been done since 1790, and is mandated by the Constitution. And I am not speaking in terms of Democrat or Republican affiliation the drug of power knows no party boundaries. That includes visitors then which would not be falsifying info. After spending almost an hour answering questions the first time the census take came to my house, they start calling me on Sunday afternoon -- enough is enough! But the Supreme Court is not supreme over the other branches of government; it is supreme only over lower federal courts. At this point, according to the Census Bureau, a non-respondent has a 21% chance of being personally visited by a survey taker. I didn't believe him until he showed me the book. I really like what anon18185 did, about looking up the census person and finding out information about them and not have thrown away the census questionnaire. In 1960, the gap was . Others have reminded me that this information about me is posted out in the paper world, cyber world, etc., somewhere. It is the premier source for detailed population and housing information about our nation. Government entities legally are not supposed to be able to get access to this information. I also, as many of you, returned my census form (as I should and as the Constitution requires) but this has gone so far over the line that it's ridiculous. With a president and congress that constantly lie about everything, how do they expect me to believe that the information on the Census form is truly confidential? If it gets to the point where they actually come to your house, the "enumerator" is going to tell you it's too late to give your answers to the Survey in writing, and he'll insist (threaten) that you must tell him the personal details of your life while he types it into his laptop computer. I ripped it up and threw it away. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. Here's how you know ( Data.census.gov will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from 6am to 10am EST on Saturday, 3/4/2023. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nor a paranoid, but goodness knows the intrusiveness of these questions can certainly drive a person to it. At 28 pages (with an additional 16-page instruction packet), the ACS contains some of the most detailed and intrusive questions ever put forth in a census questionnaire. !Now I have to pay for temp workers who have my private info to sell overseas maybe???? Finally, she said I am not answering anymore questions and they left her alone. My hubby has served this country for over 30 years, we are about to retire and what a lovely retirement gift we are receiving (NOT)!.Harassment, compliments of the government, just lovely (NOT). so the census workers who say, "if you haven't done anything wrong, just answer," well, people who are doing wrong things don't care about america -- they work for the government. How can a census do any good for schools when these people are never turned away from schools and hospitals and welfare lines? i love my country and its freedom and its up to us to keep the communism out!! There were laws in place to protect those people and they were not protected. But not so with us. My paper shredder has been complaining of hunger, so I'm going to feed the "survey" to it when I receive it in the mail next week. Your results may vary but that was my experience. Here's what it says online: The American Community Survey is a legitimate survey conducted by the CensusBureau. "; or "How many fingers does Mickey Mouse have?". Homeownership rates, both overall and for white and Black Americans, have increased since 1994. Comparing the American Community Survey and the Population Estimates Program (February 17, 2021) Coordinator: Welcome and thank you for standing by. This warning is clearly stated on the ACS envelope, and the form itself threatens a fine for people who refuse or willfully neglect to complete the survey. We already did our duty and answered the regular census. of Justice. do we have a hot water heater? Glad I found this thread! Plaintiffs declarations also do not support a finding they were subject to a genuine threat of imminent prosecution.. It's all very true, and very real. I sure am glad I ran across this site. The Institute provides its legal services at no charge to persons whos constitutional and human rights have been threatened or violated. How many, each age, and each sex. Thank goodness for this web site. So many people are in a snit just because the word "enumerator" makes them mad. We mailed in a partially filled out surveys with no birthdays or claims of citizenship (the Arizona authorities can't ask if someone is illegal, according to the feds, so neither can the feds ask me.) Let freedom ring! I told them I was not responding, and as I shut the door and walked away she stood on the porch and rang the bell, and since then it's all gone down hill. I tossed out both copies of the ACS long form. They also made an unannounced visit. Sorry, but you are really just not important enough for them to worry about, certainly not as much as you are obviously worrying about them. And if they threaten you, video record all of this exchange. I have a nice little digital camera that makes high-definition video. --Paul. Remember, it is Congress that is the creator of federal law, and the enumerator of penalties for violations of the law, not the U.S. Census Bureau. And so is mine. You will need the 10-digit user ID included in the mailing your household received. :0 We shall not be intimidated! The Rutherford Institute The survey also asks how many bedrooms and bathrooms you have in your house, along with the fuel used to heat your home, the cost of electricity, what type of mortgage you have and monthly mortgage payments, property taxes and so on. With identity theft on the rise, many are concerned. The Census Act of 1976 specifically prohibits the use of statistical sampling in the creation of congressional districts. (These facilities will be contacted directly for data on sexual victimization.) I have been harassed day and night. Jun 2022 - Present10 months. The ACS, sent annually in recent years to a sampling of more than 3 million U.S. households, collects detailed information on population and housing, helping to update the information gathered in. It's sent out to about 3.5 million households. Access American Community Survey data on the Census Bureau's new platform, data.census.gov. They never say that they are going to fine you. I've been through one round of the no-response ordeal back in '08 and everything turned out just fine. I will report her actions to our manager and possibly to her supervisor. And send a Federal Marshal out to write you a ticket. Then we started getting the calls. Twice, a person showed up at our door. Objections to the ACS include the personal nature of some of its questions and, despite government assurances to the contrary, associated confidentiality issues. I have yet to fill one out. So why would the government hire a company such as ACS to dig into our lives? Ridiculous. Enumeration. Survey questions were proposed by health care workers within each dialysis unit. [12] https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/qbyqfact/2016/Fertility.pdf. There, I think I got my point across. [4] After a decennial census is conducted, states which have increases in population may gain additional seats in the House of Representatives at the expense of other states. He had to come through a closed gate. I repeatedly told her that I gave the legal information I am required by law and that is how many people live here. A census employee went to my neighbor's house, asking for my age, birth date, etc. 20 The breakdown by race/ethnicity for individuals who received the vaccine was 39% for Black HCWs, 44% for Hispanic HCWs, and 57% for White HCWs. Shame it's only once every ten years. Want to stay in the loop on class actions that matter to you? Im not and if their track record is any benchmark, nobody should. Anyone who took the time to actually read the ACS and understand how sensitive this information is and how unsecured it actually is would join in the outrage and demand that it be given its proper burial in the grave of horrible bureaucratic policy. welfare etc. The reality appears to be that recipients can refuse to comply. TheAmerican Community Survey(ACS) helps local officials, community leaders, and businesses understand the changes taking place in their communities. Call your senators and congressman now and lets get these commie creeps out of our lives and off our backs. Don't fill it out. Then, there were just basic questions for everyone. I don't get mad about much but privacy is basic American. He gave his name and the number of people living here and refused to answer anything else. This questionnaire id just too personal and invasive of ones rights as a citizen in any country, let alone (supposedly) "The Land of the Free and The Brave" did Cheney, Bush, McCain, Obama fill one out? . Fix this problem, fix that, insure this, promise that, but do it without any info, just throw a dart and hope for the best, then when it fails we'll have someone to blame it on, but it won't be our fault! Does anyone know? I won't either. They can go to hell. I work for one of the phone centers for the Census Bureau. Eventually, a Census Bureau worker begins calling the home in an effort to elicit answers. According to some accounts, those recipients who chose not to return the form and did not respond to phone calls or private visits appeared to be hassled the least. Should all of us contact our local media so that everyone knows about ACS? The California State Data Center generates reports and tabulations from data files released by the U.S. Census Bureau. Read more here: Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Claims. im a normal 27 year old female, trying to live my life. I would never be pleasant with someone who intentionally makes a living trying to make my life unpleasant. For our government to function basic knowledge about the country as a whole, and individual states is required. I refused entry into my home. She said she would mark me as "refusing" and I said fine and hung up. I am a law abiding American citizen, tax payer (working 2 jobs) and a registered voter, not a criminal or bum or illegal immigrant living off the tax payers. Let's see if she comes back for her shower. If the enumerators cannot get this info from the Social Security Administration or the local state tax boards then there must be a reason why not! Employees will be invited to complete a feedback form at the end of a strategic planning session . this stupid stupid government and all its crap we have been harassed over and over and over and today again. At the very least, if you are going to refuse to do the census, try to be respectful, as some of the census workers are former military. It's aimed at collecting data that influence how. Back in 2003 or so we also received a very long census questionnaire, with information I did not want to publish. If a citizen doesn't comply with the ACS after a period of weeks, Census Bureau guidelines instruct enumerators to stop calling the resident. I did this and then disposed of the form. I hope it's not too late for us. [14] https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/qbyqfact/2016/StructureRooms.pdf. Wound up yelling at anyone who would speak to me and finally the harassment stopped. First I didn't send the form back "as soon as possible". I may not bother with this anyway. According to the letter, responses to the "American Community Survey" help communities to decide where important services are needed, including improving roads and reducing traffic, building. If the IRS has no info on you, you're illegal anyway. Complete this form and mail it back as soon as possible. The survey goes to a random sample of addresses in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. I feel kind of sick too. in the '90s the Commerce Dept decided that I was a resort or apartment complex owner and harassed me to fill out a survey detailing my expenditures on repairs, income reports etc. But please do not chastise me for maintaining my personal and family privacy and refusing to respond to an unconstitutional intrusion into my personal affairs. But, (knock on wood again) no visits ever occurred (yet that is). Not to mention when the people came to my door I informed them that they were trespassing without proper identification and subject to arrest. In three weeks they should mail me a duplicate form. Sad, but I simply do not trust the government anymore. This workshop will demonstrate through hands-on exercises on how to access data using the Census Bureau tools for short and long-term Community planning. Q: How does the Census Bureau typically ensure that people complete the survey? Report Inappropriate Content This data is critical for government programs, policies, and decision-making. (address, city, county, state, zip). It's a land of the free OK but I ask everyday "for who??" Since the Constitution established a federal government of limited enumerated powers and that document does not grant them the general power to request the information, I am under no constitutional obligation to provide it, and therefore refuse to answer the ACS. And if said "enumerator" doesn't like it, tough! At first, I completed the survey, sealed it in the envelope, and then did not send it. I went through this myself and I read a Web forum that spanned several years with posters who had received the form, and what they had experienced. Some hypothesize that the Census Bureau will not take legal action against, or pursue fines for, noncompliance with the ACS because doing so would likely attract much negative media attention. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. It is simply nobodys business. FORM. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. They just closed one of the best schools in the area, and nobody surveyed me to ask if I cared about that! I received the ACS and the regular Census. Well its going to get colder before I give them the info. EXCLUDE State operated juvenile residential facilities. Their bosses are going like it even less. Received two survey forms, three letters and two visits at my door and awaiting a third based on a lovely letter I received yesterday announcing yet another visit. And for every intentionally false response to a question, the fine is $500. --Lazarus. (Same woman who was no longer employed with the census). So get a clue, and if you are so upright and truthful, use your real name. It seems to me that *all* the information they need and want should be available to them from our 1040's. When hell freezes over. While the survey states that my address was selected at random for the survey, they have my address and unlisted telephone number, which they call regularly. Opponents of the American Community Survey disagree with the court's findings about its constitutionality. I'm paid 400 goats and a chest of elderberries in barter for my services. Apparently my post office would not send it to me. Actual enumeration is required. And, if the above comments stated that he can find all the info on the internet, then by all means find it, and leave me alone. I answered the questions on the Census that are Constitutional, and that is it. You can't actually expect all of the decisions to be made accurately and take into account the needs at the consumer level based on a head county every 10 years. Throw the thing in the garbage, leave on your answering machine for a few weeks, and slam the door in the face of anyone who comes by. A: The U.S. Constitution requires that a decennial census be conducted every ten years for the purpose of making an actual enumeration of the persons within each state. I've been harassed by phone at night and Sundays. A number of findings also closely match results obtained from surveys of U.S. faculty and graduate students. The House GOP proposal would eliminate any increase in funds for 2020 planning, and it cuts nearly $500 million in total from the administration's request, including reductions for the American. Haven't heard from the ACS people, "government man", or my dorm supervisor since then. Thank God that we still live in a country where we can still tell a thug where to go. Alternatively, those who returned the survey partially completed and communicated with the Census Bureau agents generally received more contacts. Thanks to all of you for your comments. I very much doubt. I received by first survey in early December and a second one just three weeks later. do i have right to due process? Remember Germany. I never have, EVER owned an apartment or resort. As a descendant of both victims and survivors of the Auschwitz death camps, I have a keen sense of the length and breadth of what government intrusion in the lives of private citizens can result in. A: Those who do not answer the ACS risk repeated overturesby mail, by phone and in personfrom Census Bureau employees seeking to compel a response. [29] https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/qbyqfact/2016/Name.pdf. [13] https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/qbyqfact/2016/HomeHeatingFuel.pdf. That seems to be the end of it, but only time will tell. Unfortunately, the second time my husband gave in, as he felt we would get fined and was tired of the threats. Asking for federal money or federal representation is a huge mistake. Too many are dependent on the government already. Please confirm. (ACS questions 1, 3 and 4), 3. I let her know that I understood their game and wasn't going to play, and she said she would record me as a refusal. And you all sound sober and mature, not the lunatic fringe at all. I said yes for about the third time and hung up. The times they are a-changing. I will not answer the questions on the ACS. They have nothing but their own agenda in mind and any semblance of control we think we have is just that -- a semblance. The latest thing they are doing is having the postal carrier come to my door and have me sign a delivery confirmation. I thought to myself, now they are going to harass them. He told me that my info was not received and that he would be sending it back out in the mail. I told that I had already fulfilled my Constitutional duties as a citizen with my mailed-in short form, and then told her the ACS and her harassment of me in my home is unconstitutional. this is a new one. How many is all they need to know. After reading the notes on this site, I decided - ACSdestination, shredder. He presented me with an ACS envelope and said a "government guy" had come to school and was having random students fill them out. As noted, the ACS seeks much more information than the number of persons in a household. Help people, can I really get fined if I don't fill this crap out? The data bank, like any data bank, runs the risk of being hacked or accessed by dishonest parties. Wow! If there was no response by the time we finished our list, we were to call again. this census is complete crap and an invasion of my rights a a citizen. Due to a likely technicality, I received this, with the wrong address. Has anyone really admittedly shown that proof that they got fined? As one responder put it, if you only want to know the number of people, then what does race have to do with it? A few visits to my door that went unanswered, a few letters filled with empty threats, and after a month or so, and it all subsided. I asked my accountant about them and he recommended not to fill them out. But I will not tell you when I leave for work and about the medical condition of my relatives. I asked who he was and he attempted to open the screen door. Where do we call to report this abuse? Came back the very next day, and told my husband that he has full authority to open it and if we don't comply then we will be fined anywhere from $100-5000, and the marshal would be accompanying him tomorrow to arrest my husband if we don't comply. The proposed class action detailed on this page wasdismissed without prejudiceon January 3, 2023 after the court handed down asummary judgmentin favor of the United States Census Bureau, ending the litigation. I am sure that will go far. ) or https:// means youve safely connected to the .gov website. I received my acs form,filled it out and threw it in the garbage where it belongs. Name Number and street or P.O. If they want more personal financial information, then I suggest they get it from the IRS. From (original) Poster 188: Knock on wood, the phone calls seem to have stopped. I upgraded my cell phone to one that I can take video with and that has a large memory. Interpreting the change between April 1, 2000, and a five-year average for 2015- It actually notes in it "Your response to this survey is required by law (Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141 and 193).Title 13, as changed by Title 18, imposes a penalty for not responding." I will post again if there is further activity. If you would like to broadcast your personal information, go for it. Read the Constitution. Year: 2021. Unreal! We refused to give information on the cell phone several times. After giving it some thought, I felt compromised by the invasive questions asked, and decided that my right to privacy was surely being violated. What you guys who love to quote the constitution fail to take into account are all of the amendments the government has quietly put in since it was first written. I hung up immediately and called the sheriff. Thomas Jefferson. [5] http://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/forms-and-instructions/2016-form.html. I received the ACS a few months ago, did some research and never filled it out. Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). [7] https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/about/qbyqfact/2016/Acreage_AgSales.pdf. In July, I started to receive visits. Continued refusal may lead to additional visits by a supervisor. I told her to get a US Marshal with a warrant. I have received two of them so far in January 2010 and I am ignoring both. Person 18a. The last thing the execs at the Census Bureau want to see is a video of one of their "enumerators" on YouTube, the Six O'clock News, or in Congress or a courtroom harassing and threatening a citizen/voter with a big fine or jail time if that person refuses to give out the personal details of his life to a perfect stranger. I have no problem filling out the main census form but not this BS. I am so thankful for this website! For everyone saying what's the big deal- go play in traffic. The state police will show up and *escort* them off your property. They again called a few days ago and I answered. I have a right to not be harassed in my home. If Americans wish to be free of judicial tyranny, they must at least develop basic knowledge of the judicial role in our republican government. I did not send it back, I received another and still did not fill it out. If it was a problem, she then had my phone number; it wasn't blocked. This was way out of line and uncalled for! No one will email you or be peeping at you from the census. I ignored all of this due to what I had been through. They're people just like you are, Americans just like you are. I am appalled by the questions asked on the ACS! Got a phone call wanting the birth dates. Thank God I'm not the only one questioning the Constitutionality of this blatant invasion of personal privacy. I would like to inform all participants that your lines have been placed on a listen-only mode until the question-and-answer session of today's call. We got our second ACS in the mail along with a follow up postcard. No one I have talked to since I received this survey has known anything about it. and gently close the door. Good grief! A man was arrested and charged with attempting to place an explosive or incendiary device on an aircraft after his bag triggered an alarm at Lehigh Valley International Airport in Pennsylvania, US . Are they too dense to realize that word just means "to count?". Not to mention that this information in the wrong hands can cause identity theft. For every question not answered, there is a $100 fine. My question is: "Doesn't our government have enough information on us from our mandatory tax returns?" Let me get this straight: we cannot ask an illegal alien for papers because of racial profiling but we can try to force american citizens to fill out the ACS which has profiling information in every question? 1. Constitution of the United States of America. Stonewall them out. Since my alleged representatives repeatedly respond to my complaints about their actions, with form letters explaining why they hear my views but plan to ignore them and do what they want to do instead, I hear the government wants my information and plan to do what I want to do instead. I took the job because it pays really well. After the first couple of letters I received I started getting harassing phone calls from them. I will give the information to those who really need it to improve my neighborhood, city, county, etc. We are so fortunate to live in this country. One recipient who did complete the survey but whose answers were misplaced by the Census Bureau wrote about his experience. Start Here . I will not comply. This survey is intrusive and i will not answer it! When I got the second form I mailed it back stating I filled it out already and do not need to fill it out again. There is an actual law on the books, but that law has never been applied. In other contexts, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that citizens have no obligation to answer questions posed by the government and are free to refuse to do so. First survey last month. Who is there to police the police? How many times has this person been married? She left, but will I be hearing from her again? They have all the information they need from the IRS. One of the three enumerators did canvass my neighbors and got hold of one of them, who tried to call me and advised the census people were looking for me (I did not return the voicemail). I told her it would be easier for all of us if she did so. That's four times today and it's just past noon on Saturday. Now I have people pestering my doorman for my information, pretending to be food deliverymen claiming that I ordered food - just so they can come up to my apartment --wow. finally he told her he would call the cops if she didn't leave. The survey is clearly an invasion of privacy, and any attempts of the ACS to pursue a fine for failure to submit the survey should be challenged in a court of law on unconstitutional and invasion of privacy grounds. 3) If by some chance they go for it, ask them the most embarrassing, asinine, or silly questions you can think of. Never logged on (implicit refusal) 2.11 524 Survey completed after close of the field period 2.27 2 Can I file a harassment claim somewhere? To be sure, the calls were incessant for a time -- anywhere from one to eight calls a day for about six to eight weeks perhaps. I am glad I am not the only one who tossed the thing in the garbage. So I did not send it back. The Census Bureau claims that it has the right to impose a $5,000 fine for failure to fill out the American Community Survey, but online sources suggest that they have never actually ever used this "power" - possibly due to the lawsuit that might result. The Rutherford Institute has developed a form letter that you may use in standing up against the governments attempt to force you to disclose personal information. don't let this happen! If people answer the survey maybe they will get the funding to have proper educational programs. I even downloaded a sound bite that said this number has been disconnected and is no longer in service. He told the guy to just make something up. Person 22. We will ask the rep to make it clear what will happen if we don't answer the survey, then verbally accept the consequences. Survey/Program: American Community Survey. (This is about 10:02 a.m. which is very early in my world since I work from noon till 9 p.m. When I said I would not be probed by his questions from the government and continued by saying that I meant no disrespect to him; however, I hate what the government is trying to do to us he responded. These concern matters that the government simply has no business knowing, including questions relating to respondents bathing habits, home utility costs, fertility, marital history, work commute, mortgage, and health insurance, among others. A concerned citizen. The American Community Survey sends around a questionnaire with 40 different items, asking such things as whether a person is receiving disability benefits (number 16) and how many vehicles. This is ridiculous. So, I tore off the page with my address on it and shredded it, and then I tossed the rest of the survey into the garbage. I am going to avoid all traps and when it is time to have them finally come over I am going to do an international webcast and sing answers and slowly say, ohhhhh I don't know.let me think and sit there for 15 minutes for each question.everyone will know where I don't work, how much money I don't make and that I don't have plumbing and that I fart a lot That's the game the Nazi's started with in the 30's as did Stalin, with the knocks on the door and the spying on each other.
Prayer Points Against Taskmasters, Epo Validation Fees, Transformers Cyberverse Bumblebee And Windblade Fanfiction, Letter To My 17 Year Old Son On His Birthday, Articles A